North Cyprus Tourist Board - National Association Of Estate Agents
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > National Association Of Estate Agents

National Association Of Estate Agents

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» List of North Cyprus Estate Agents

» See All North Cyprus Estate Agent Related Threads

victoriasloss

Message Posted:
04/07/2007 10:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 68 in Discussion

Another rip-off trick

Contrary to Many Northern Cypriot Estate Agents claims that they are members of the

NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF ESTATE AGENTS (overseas)

ALTHOUGH THEY DISPLAY A LOGO

THEY ARE NOT MEMBERS !

Use the link below and check out the members for yourself

it lists only 2 Cypriot Members and they are in the south

BEWARE - BE VERY AWARE - THEY WILL USE ANY PLOY TO PART YOU WITH YOUR MONEY !

http://www.naea.co.uk/

victoriasloss

Message Posted:
04/07/2007 11:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 68 in Discussion

Email below received this morning from NAEA

David Oliver to me

show details 8:59 am (12 minutes ago)

Dear Ms Sloss

No the agents are not within membership of the NAEA, we are aware of their continued unauthorized use of the NAEA logo and are trying all possible steps to get them to remove the NAEA logo and claims of membership.

David Oliver

Compliance Officer

hindsight

Message Posted:
04/07/2007 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 68 in Discussion

Which agents are displaying the NAEA membership logo. ?

victoriasloss

Message Posted:
04/07/2007 23:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 68 in Discussion

check out Unwins for starters

hindsight

Message Posted:
04/07/2007 23:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 68 in Discussion

Bloody hell.

Thought they had a school/ charity as well ?

hindsight

Message Posted:
05/07/2007

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 68 in Discussion

Welcome to Unwin Estate Agents in North Cyprus

The character of this distinctive island of retreat is visible on every street corner and every rocky crevice on the Kyrenia Mountain range. This is your opportunity to explore the wonders of North Cyprus.

Unwin Estate Agents, North Cyprus Estate Agents, has over 40 years property experience and has now been founded in North Cyprus for over 6 years. Being the first British style Estate Agent in Northern Cyprus, we continue to lead the way and stay at the cutting edge of the TRNC property market.

Since we opened our doors for the first time in 1999 we have prided ourselves on creating a warm and friendly atmosphere for our clients, so you can feel fully confident that you have made the right decision and really enjoy the experience of buying North Cyprus property in North Cyprus.

Our brand new website has been designed to allow you to find out everything you need to know about buying property in Northern Cyprus plus much, much more. With the largest portfolio in the TRNC we are confident that you will find exactly what you are looking for with Unwin Estate Agents whether it's your 'dream home in the sun' or quick growth property investment potential in Northern Cyprus.

You will also find lots of useful information within our pages; from the best beaches in North Cyprus and places of interest to local restaurants and city maps… we have it all. So please sit back and enjoy the experience of Northern Cyprus… 'A corner of Earth touched by heaven'.

As a member of the internationally recognised National Association of Estate Agents we can assure all our buyers of the highest standards as set down by this organisation. We dedicate our time to guaranteeing the levels of service to ensure all our buyers and sellers are dealt with in a professional manner you would expect.

Welcome to Unwin Estate Agents in North Cyprus

The character of this distinctive island of retreat is visible on every street corner and every rocky crevice on the Kyrenia Mountain range. This is your opportunity to explore the wonders of North Cyprus.

Unwin Estate Agents, North Cyprus Estate Agents, has over 40 years property experience and has now been founded in North Cyprus for over 6 years. Being the first British style Estate Agent in Northern Cyprus, we continue to lead the way and stay at the cutting edge of the TRNC property market.

Since we opened our doors for the first time in 1999 we have prided ourselves on creating a warm and friendly atmosphere for our clients, so you can feel fully confident that you have made the right decision and really enjoy the experience of buying North Cyprus property in North Cyprus.

Our brand new website has been designed to allow you to find out everything you need to know about buying property in Northern Cyprus plus much, much more. With the largest portfolio in the TRNC we are confident that you will find exactly what you are looking for with Unwin Estate Agents whether it's your 'dream home in the sun' or quick growth property investment potential in Northern Cyprus.

You will also find lots of useful information within our pages; from the best beaches in North Cyprus and places of interest to local restaurants and city maps… we have it all. So please sit back and enjoy the experience of Northern Cyprus… 'A corner of Earth touched by heaven'.

As a member of the internationally recognised National Association of Estate Agents we can assure all our buyers of the highest standards as set down by this organisation. We dedicate our time to guaranteeing the levels of service to ensure

this is were the liars are http://www.unwin-estates.com/

hindsight

Message Posted:
05/07/2007 00:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 68 in Discussion

A bunch of unprofessional chancers who have caused misery to hundreds.

quote from a Turkish Cypriot Judge

' Mark Unwin is Economical with the actuality '

hindsight

Message Posted:
05/07/2007 00:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 68 in Discussion

A bunch of unprofessional chancers who have caused misery to hundreds.

quote from a turkish Cypriot Judge

'Mark Unwin is Economical with the actuality'

hindsight

Message Posted:
05/07/2007 00:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 68 in Discussion

It means bloody con man.

Legal Term for withholding information to support ones own needs.

hindsight

Message Posted:
05/07/2007 00:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 68 in Discussion

Its a common legal term for professional misinterpritation.

victoriasloss

Message Posted:
05/07/2007 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 68 in Discussion

THE ONLY N.A.E.A. MEMBERS IN NORTH CYPRUS AND ARE THEREFORE REGULATED BY THE CODE OF CONDUCT OF THIS ASSOCIATION ARE:

http://www.iansmithestate.com

WELL DONE TO THEM

DONTY

Message Posted:
05/07/2007 12:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 68 in Discussion

victorialoss

from my business experience most 'professional bodies' of this type are for show only, you pay your money you sign a declaration and you get your window sticker.

can you tell us how belonging to this organisation safeguards buyers?

are agents audited? do the NAEA make suprise visits? do they monitor advertising and then compare this to the actual and if so how? do they mystery shop?

what actual difference does membership make to buyers?

i see from their charter that they say 'the Association can take disciplinary action on your behalf and award you with compensation through an independent redress scheme where appropriate' can you find out how often they have done this and quote some examples?

or is this just another way for you to sow panic amongst otherwise happy buyers?

thank you in advance

Bowman

Message Posted:
05/07/2007 13:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 68 in Discussion

VITORIASLOSS,

You are incorrect, Ian Smiths are not members of the NAEA. In fact NO Estate Agents in the North are affiliated with this body. There are however, two Estate Agents, (that I know of), in North Cyprus who have at least one member of staff who are registered or were registered with this body. I know this for a fact because before I purchased my property in North Cyprus I contacted the NAEA and supplied the names of the persons claiming to be members of this body and at the time, (15 months ago), these persons were registered.

victoriasloss

Message Posted:
05/07/2007 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 68 in Discussion

Terrible sorry - but they are and I have documentation from David Oliver, Compliance Officer at the NAEA that states they are fully up to date with their paid membership

should you like to confirm this please feel free to call him on

DAVID OLIVER - 01926 417791

He also confirms that they and only they are registered with the NAEA

He said he welcomes any calls on the subject

Vikki

victoriasloss

Message Posted:
05/07/2007 17:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 68 in Discussion

Donty

Why don't you ring them - 01926 417791

As regards Happy Buyers - then well done to them and we wish them every happiness with their successful purchase, but until the property issues are faced in the TRNC and those hundreds who have been victims are recognised, then we will continue our campaign and continue to update the website and warn people accordingly

Vikki

xx

victoriasloss

Message Posted:
05/07/2007 17:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 68 in Discussion

This is the actual e-mail, wanted to send it to your own email, but you for some reason do not have one

Vikki

xxxx

from David Oliver hide details 9:45 am (5 hours ago)

to VIKKI SLOSS

date Jul 5, 2007 9:45 AM

subject RE: Fake memberships[Scanned]

Dear Ms Sloss

As discussed I can confirm that Ian Smith are within membership of the NAEA.

David Oliver

DONTY

Message Posted:
05/07/2007 17:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 68 in Discussion

vicloss

thanks for answering my questions, i now feel so much more secure knowing that an agent is with the NAEA as they have a sticker on their window....superb

you are the one promoting this organisation.. you give me the answers..

what else..... only buy from agents with a bunch of flowers on their desk as they must be nice people.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
05/07/2007 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 68 in Discussion

I'm sure you are doing a great job but do we need it rammed down our throats on nearly every thread! I think we understand some of the problems people have had.

malteser

Message Posted:
05/07/2007 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 68 in Discussion

Crikey - are hindsight and victoriasloss in league with each other - they have ambushed every current thread on North Cyprus forum with their discovery about Unwins - so what! Nothing can replace doing your own homework, reading up on the island's history, reading the forums (going back years if necessary) and the papers, talking to everyone and anyone, following the political situation and finally following your gut instinct if you want to protect your investment. And before you start, nagging namus, be quiet! I know the possible risks of buying in North Cyprus. Victoria - can you please answer Donty's questions if this organisation is so important? Is it not a fact that some of society's institutions that are meant to protect us are often as bent and corrupt as the 'baddies' they purport to protect us from - the British police?

Is this really a discovery worth hijacking every thread for? Donty's right - are you telling us to trust a sticker in a window? You have to trust yourself so please advise people to do weeks, months of research before buying instead - that way they will be ready for any inconsistencies they may encounter.

victoriasloss

Message Posted:
05/07/2007 20:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 68 in Discussion

Its not the fact that the use of NAEA is "so great" , but, if people are visiting the TRNC for the 1st time, and, as people so often do - decide to make a hasty decisionon a property purchase, they may well look for a "home-sign" like the NAEA logo which is widely recognised in the UK - If for any reason a company less than honest were to use it - then the unsuspecting and sometimes idiotic British Public may use the logo as a sign that the Estate Agent concerned does have integrity - not unlike what has happened to the 400 or so AGA victims.

Yes you can all be pious and spout on about doing homework b4 purchase , but 5 years ago when this AGA saga began, and there was not half the building going on that there is now - where would one have looked to for advice - I know a reputable company owned by a Brit not a "Cypriot for heavens sake they may rip-you-off" - WRONG its the BRITS doing the ripping off and some hiding behind a logo to make them seem more respectable.

Unfortunately some stories from the victims are sadder than others and some people are driven blind by sheer emotion, I personally have just stated a fact once - should others want to carry it on - and plaster it every where - then that is up to them.

The only fact that I have published on 2 forums - here and the TRNC VILLA Owners sites is that:

Unwins are not members of the NAEA, and the only members in the TRNC are Ian Smith Estates, whats the matter with stating a fact once ?

what others decide to do with that information that is up to them !

desert rose

Message Posted:
05/07/2007 22:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 68 in Discussion

I think its good to see all kinds of info on here, good and bad so people can make their own minds up. Yes it is a bit much that some choose to post their findings on unrelated threads.

But as a first time buyer/soon to be full time resident in the trnc this info is invaluable. I will make my own mind up and research all that is said, it is all very helpful, good and bad.

Thanks to all

x x x

McSteviet

Message Posted:
05/07/2007 22:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 68 in Discussion

I agree that this info about Unwin's does not need to be posted on every thread on every forum. I have just got fed up of reading it time and time again today.

But... the info is good info.

To my mind, it's not the fact that they arn't a member of this organisation, it's the fact that they are trying to make out they are.

Now if that is true and they are not members, then what else will they tell you that's not true. That's my worry.....

MC

hindsight

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 02:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 68 in Discussion

Thank you each and everyone of you for replying to the 'highjacked threads'. I assure you, I am not a terrorist.

It is perhaps the last chance cafe for a woman with two kids, so utterly utterly frustrated with Mark and Hayran Unwin and their lack of soul, and decency.

My name is Julie Wheeler, I work for Newsquest Media Group in the UK I,m based in Lancashire, Ironically, I organise events for the Newsquest group, Overseas property Shows, Business to Business Events , Trade and Industry Shows.

My husband and father died with a short period of time 2005, my boys were very young .

I was invited to TRNC in June 2005 by a representative of Unwins, Philip Shearstone, to discuss the possibility of exhibiting at one of Newsquests UK overseas events.

He also informed me that their reputation was second to none. I arrived with a colleague, who will vouch for all I say.

I spent a week exploring North Cyprus, I was smitten, felt so at home. My dad had lived in Paphos for 20 years, and thats where he died. But this side is the best I have no doubts about that at all.

Unwins showed me a plot, in Malatya, told me it was a clear title ( i was so so niave) I said yes. ..

I paid them £10k .

I took their advice, I was a stupid woman, and let my lads down as i wanted to do right by them , have a safe house in the sun, my younger boy has congenital heart problems and leaning difficulties. it was ideal, we could heal our losses.

I have a friend in the judiciary who gave me information.

The plot, was half owned by the builder, building the house next door, Unwins informed my it was esdeger - it was TMD

I questioned Mark Unwin as to the title and boundaries' they did not answer my emails or phone calls. I refused to send over any more monies

- he resold my house.

He resold it to Jim and Nicola Sherwood.

They also found out it was a scam after paying £10k. and refused to advance further payment.

Unwins then resold it again. But I dont know who to..

I,m back in the TRNC shortly with my two lads and wont be intimidated by the Unwins.

I work for the UK,s largest newspaper group , my late husband worked for nationals . His colleagues are aware of the situation .

I now have a support network in place.

Thanks for your support.

jwheeler@lancashire.newsquest.co.uk

Bradus

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 02:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 68 in Discussion

Hindsight,

Exactly what are you hoping to achieve? Have you a good support network to help you and what role do you envisage them playing?

Bradus

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 03:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 68 in Discussion

Is this what victoria loss was referring to when she warned us to watch the media?

DONTY

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 15:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 68 in Discussion

just heard from a friend that one medium sized cypriot builder (that i shall not name for legal reasons) is close to going into receivership due mainly to lack of sales, so perhaps victorias plan to put off buyers is working.... (im not saying she is the sole reason but every little helps i suppose!)

the unfortunate downside of this is that there are a number of buyers with part built houses and deposits paid who will lose all of their invested money if this happens!!!

Bradus

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 16:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 68 in Discussion

Donty, this is disturbing news indeed. Doing a quick scan over many of the forums I was beginning to think that the pendalum was begining to swing too fast and too far with regards to the property warnings. However I'm not surprised because of the lethargy displayed by the building industry, legal profession and TRNC government. This response was inevitable. Aga was easy to dismiss as a one off but the wider publicity generated by many more scandals has been harder to ignore. The HBPG have worked hard to come to agreement with government representatives who talk the talk but rarely act on their promises. Perhaps if we had seen more constructive action at an earlier stage we would not be in this position now? Perhaps this sort of publicity is what is needed to fulfill everyones desire of being able to purchase with all parties interests, and that includes the builders, being safeguarded.Only then will people spread the word that buying in TRNC is safe. I believe the same is happening in Spain as a result of the many Europeans who have united to draw attention to some of the corruption they have experienced. This has had the same effect on their property sales.

DONTY

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 18:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 68 in Discussion

dont get me wrong Bradus, sales are brisk for decent builders/developers who produce what the market demands in the right locations with the right quality etc.

its just a shame that anyone is caught up in such a situation. i for one have my fingers crossed that this builder (who arent bad guys in my opinion) manage to stay afloat.

hbpg have actually made some good progress with their CONSTRUCTIVE methods eg contracts will now be registered with the land office which will in turn stop builders mortgaging or selling the land if they get in difficulty leaving purchasers with assets if the builder goes pop.

namus

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 19:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 68 in Discussion

Victorisloss,

You should realise that Donty will defend any TRNC property issues. Vested interest?... Mark Unwin in disguise?

Of course membership of a professional body is important. If it is not important why do Unwins pretend to be members? They know it gives credibility.

Hindsight,

See the Are you Daft (1&2) threads. Many buyers are being suckered by downright lies and many current contented buyers will find problems in the future. Any views apart from the happy clappy variety are shot down by Donty's 'facts'.

Bradus,

The pendulum is swinging and will continue as the discontent rises. You mention problems in Spain (compulsory land purchase etc) but this is on a minor scale compared with the widespread conning and corruption in TRNC.

Also, it is not just the land ownership and dodgy builer/estate agent issues. How are telephone, water, electricity supplies in Alsancak area?

I will be accussed of hijacking threads but I just want all the potential buyers to ask a few questions:-

Who is issuing and guranteeing land title?

What is such title worth and will it be disputed.

Why are TCs all sellers and not buyers. Donty queried this but I have asked around my extended TC family about TC buyers and the reply is to scoff at such a daft idea.

This forum is 90% new born TRNC lovers but reality will hit one day and the property debacle in TRNC needs to be exposed.

Hindsight, get Newsquest on the case. There is no free press in TRNC.

Donty, if you do not believe the above you are blinkered and cold hearted toward people being conned.

Bradus

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 19:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 68 in Discussion

Agree Donty, HBPG are now making good progress. It appears at the moment wherever you turn there are very negative comments being made about property purchase in TRNC. When you've done the whole should we shouldn't we bit, then made a decision to purchase despite the political problems,its alarming to realise you might not end up with what you've paid for after all. This causes people no end of worry. Its also a concern that so many people give you conflicting advice. After everyone researching the different title deeds now we are told there is only 1 type? No longer are estate agents saying stay away from TMD now its it dosen't matter now its all TRNC. Pre 74 only being sold to TC's? Its no wonder people are anxious. Must be a nightmare for the solicitors too. I bet they are constantly having to reassure us Brits.

namus

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 68 in Discussion

Bradus, I think your comments confirm the TC lawyer's comment to me (whether or not you believe it Donty), 'Why buy a headache?'

If you strip away reasons such as beautiful scenery etc and just coldy analyse a major purchase of buying property in TRNC it is full of uncertainty.

If people accept such a risk then that is fine but I assumed that potential buyers may be interested in hearing of potential pitfalls from TCs or people with negative experience.

Bradus

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 19:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 68 in Discussion

Also people with positive experiences too namus.

namus

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 68 in Discussion

Absolutely Bradus.

Positive experiences are good to hear but even contented buyers still have the uncertainty over title. GCs or TCs will never give up ownership of their land.

Bradus

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 19:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 68 in Discussion

Namus I have bought pre 74 title deeds so hopefully will not have this uncertainty, unless what Ilovecyprus was saying about only TC's being able to purchase pre 74's is true.

McSteviet

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 68 in Discussion

Namus,

I heard all that you say and I for one listen and read everything, regurgitate it and read it all again. Still I'm not sure if it's gonna turn out right..... but we all hope it will.

But, for you to say ALL TC's are selling and not buying is complete B*****ks.

I personally know 3 TC's that are buying brand new properties right now and I know very few people in this whole issue. So if I know 3, there must be hundreds who are currently buying.

I have to say also, that just because I don't know of any TC's selling personally, that doesn't mean that there aren’t any that are selling up, I just don't know.

But please don't tell everyone that there are NO TC's buying, as that is just not true.

MC

namus

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 68 in Discussion

Bradus, if you have already bought pre-74 title there cannot be other claims on it, if it was properly transferred from the rightful owner.

Another question; why does the government restrict pre-74 to TCs? Seems a little unfair but it is the only title TCs will buy.

You were wise to buy pre-74.

I will stop now before somebody makes an intelligent post of a lot of zzzzzs because I am boring.

namus

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 68 in Discussion

Mcsteviet, do you know what title they are buying?

You may be right that TCs are buying but my experience has been that they only buy Exchange or TMD title to resell. Most have family land anyway so why would they buy disputed title other than to profit.

I will attempt to not write B*****ks, as you politely requested, but it is not B****ks just because you disagree with my views. I would bet good money that you cannot find a TC buying Exchange or TMD with a long term view to live on that land.

McSteviet

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 22:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 68 in Discussion

Namus,

You are wrong again. They are all buying Exchange land and 1 is retiring there, another is there to live full time, not too sure of the other, as I haven't asked them, so I don't think they are buying to resell, but who knows in the future... they might do......so might I if circumstances change.......who knows ?

EssexOB

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 68 in Discussion

Namus,

We have bought an apartment in Karakum, 4 other apartments in the same block have been bought by TC's, 3 to live in full time. Exchange title.

namus

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 23:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 68 in Discussion

Then I am wrong. i have based my information on my TC family.

Good luck to you all living on GC land.

McSteviet

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 23:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 68 in Discussion

Namus,

We all know what we are buying. We all know the risks. Stop telling us that we buying GC land. We are not children.

MC

pilgrim

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 23:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 68 in Discussion

Regarding Pre 74 turkish title, New Villas International only build and sell on Pre 74 Turkish Title land todate 53 villas sold to 30% turkish cypriots, and 70%english and irish most of whom now have title deeds. Where did the rumour of restrictions come from?

Bradus

Message Posted:
06/07/2007 23:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 68 in Discussion

It will only ever be GC land when there is a settlement and how likely will that be? 34 years of complete stalemate with the younger GC's feeling even more hatred towards the TC's than their parents who lived through 74 do. It gets more unlikely that there will be a solution with every day that passes. It is this reasoning/assessment that has encouraged the returning TC's and Brits that it is safe to buy in TRNC. The GC are more concerned with the arguement than the settlement.

Bradus

Message Posted:
07/07/2007

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 68 in Discussion

Pilgrim,

Good to hear this. Ver reassuring. I have actually heard this rumour from several sources some on this and other forums and there is also a newspaper article on HBPG's home page under permission to buy pre 74 turkish title deeds. It is an article written by the old groaner.

namus

Message Posted:
07/07/2007 01:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 68 in Discussion

Bradus,

It is GC land and the only thing stopping them reclaiming is the Turkish army but that will not last forever.

desert rose

Message Posted:
07/07/2007 08:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 68 in Discussion

Namus,

What is your problem? You seem intent on getting people all fired up...

We all understand that there is an issue with the land. Is it GC or is it TC. We way up our options and hopefully we get a nice place without being ripped off....

A lot of people are sick to death of living in the UK, with the way it is at the moment. People just want a nice relaxing lifestyle without having to look over their shoulder all the time. So you buy a house and hope for the best, if in 20 years time someone comes and takes it ?? that is still 20 years of a good time!

I for one will never live in the UK again. We all have the right to choose where we want to live.... GC land TC land or mars!

x x

DONTY

Message Posted:
07/07/2007 11:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 68 in Discussion

Namus you lover of all things greek

my ex girlfriend who is born and bred Turkish Cypriot and has always lived in N.Cyprus has just bought a property in Ozankoy, not Pre 74.

your rumour about non Turks not getting title to Pre 74 deeds is an old one based on hearsay that went around about 4 or 5 years ago.

i dont work for Unwins and i am not an Unwin.

my facts have proven time and time again that you have no facts.. folks just go over this thread and namousopolous's previous thread and you will see that i have countered almost every 'fact' he has come up with and not ONCE has he been able to defend himself, he just comes out with more bull$%it.

this thread is going round and round and will dissapear up its own bum so im done with it now as ive got more interesting things to do with my time (gotta go put my deposit down on a unit at a site of 65 apartments that is half sold in 3 days).

Namusopolous αποχαιρετισμόσ ηττημένοσ.

lovelife

Message Posted:
07/07/2007 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 68 in Discussion

I am new to this forum, but have followed several threads, it gets quite addictive to read!, reading about people's experiences/ knowledge, good and bad gives valuable insight to living in Northern Cyprus.

My husband and myself are in the process of buying in Esenteppe in we too have been told that the title deeds are now TRNC freehold.

We have given it a great deal of thought and research and have wheighed up the pros and cons, I feel as desertrose does we are aware of the possible risks and we are aware and are realistic enough to know that we may have to pay compensation or at worse lose our property, it may be years down the line or it may be sooner,or it may never happen, but thats the chance we take.

desert rose

Message Posted:
07/07/2007 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 68 in Discussion

Well said lovelife... cool name by the way and thats exactly what we should do - love life!

x

namus

Message Posted:
09/07/2007 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 68 in Discussion

Great attitude.

Love life, take a chance etc etc.... and be party to robbing GCs of their land.

desert rose

Message Posted:
09/07/2007 10:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 68 in Discussion

Namus your obviously a very bitter man! Get a life sweetheart its too short..

x

lovelife

Message Posted:
09/07/2007 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 68 in Discussion

Namus

Why are you so pro GCs? and say I am robbing them of their land, there is probably alot of us about, if anyone is robbing GCs of their land then surely the government should hold its hand up,in allowing people to sell land to developers and the changing of titles. Our title says TRNC freehold, now we are not as stupid in thinking that this may have been GC owned land pre 74 and if a GC came forward claiming compensation, and the TRNC government decided it will not meet claims ( I will not be holding my breath to think they will) my husband and myself have already decided to take the responsilbility to pay and meet the claim. Of course it does not take away the sheer heartache of someone losing their home and land, I cannot possibly imagine what people went through both TC and GC alike,however I would be surprised if any GC would want to move back to the North, if what I read on this forum that there has been too much bitterness and it appears to continue to this day, people have got on and made new lives for themselves, but, human emotion and life is unpredictable so never say never.

bakala

Message Posted:
11/01/2009 15:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 68 in Discussion

Beloning to a recogised body of estate agents Like NAEA

National association of Estate Agents

Does this mean you have passed some sort of test for lying a cheating ?

stevemac

Message Posted:
12/01/2009 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 68 in Discussion

The only way for the government/estate agents/ construction union to do something positvie about the mess it's now in because of it's own action, is for these important problems to be publicised wherever and whenever possible. If the dodgy cowboys know they cant get away with ripping people off any more they might think again. If people dont like to see the same type of posts over and over again then dont bother reading them. Publiciity and word of mouth is power against the ruthless rogues who have caused so much misery to purchasers here and who have run the economy in to the ground.

mattairep

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 18:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 68 in Discussion

Hi,

Our initiative AIREP (Accreditation of International Real Estate Professionals) offers pro and retroactive protection to the consumer of international real estate.

We are not an association but an auditing company dedicated to assessing real estate agents, conceding accreditation where it proceeds. To qualify for AIREP accreditation agents must meet the legal obligations to carry out their activity in the country in which they operate, demonstrate that they are a going concern, be free of problems with the local and national administration (social security, the tax man etc..etc..), carry PI insurance and have a clean criminal record.

Those accredited by us have not passed a test for “lying a cheating” but our assessment shows that this is not typically what they get up to. That AIREP accredited estate agents carry PI insurance means that consumers are protected against most of the agent / consumer problems that might occur.

Kindest regards,

Matthew Fitzpatrick

cronos

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 18:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 68 in Discussion

Stable door.....horse.....bolted

Too late for most Matthew !

britvic

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 18:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 68 in Discussion

Once again another thread dragged up from the past!

Message 1

Message Posted:

04/07/2007 10:30

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 68 in Discussion

Hi Mathew

What inroads if any have you made into the TRNC?

AJ

mattairep

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 20:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 68 in Discussion

Hi AJ,

I posted here to explain what we do, in truth it was to show that there exist real alternatives to clubs / associations and not to offer our product in Northern Cyprus.

We have made no inroads into TRNC and do not plan to do so in the foreseeable future. While TRNC is disputed territory an agent would contravene our rules just by attempting to sell property there. We cannot offer our product in a place where there exists the real possibility that the properties being sold do not belong to the persons selling them.

Kindest regards,

Matthew.

Macha

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 23:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 68 in Discussion

"While TRNC is disputed territory an agent would contravene our rules just by attempting to sell property there. We cannot offer our product in a place where there exists the real possibility that the properties being sold do not belong to the persons selling them."

An honest and honourable estate agents representative. How often has anyone ever heard something like that being said in the "TRNC"? Take a bow, Matt. If only there had been more like you and fewer of the unregulated crooks.

jay76

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 68 in Discussion

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

cronos

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 23:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 68 in Discussion

Msg 60

You're on a roll this evening Pike.

That's twice tonight that your long espoused version of the truth has been seemingly vindicated by the opinions of others.

Don't let it go to your head....smugness is not a pleasant trait !

Macha

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 23:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 68 in Discussion

True though, innit?

hindsight

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 68 in Discussion

Is Unwin still ripping off Brits ? ?

Kitty Kat Jac

Message Posted:
28/02/2009 10:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 68 in Discussion

Julie, can i ask are you just bored??

hindsight

Message Posted:
03/03/2009 01:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 68 in Discussion

A forwarding address for Unwin is available from Newsquest .

Kibris

Message Posted:
03/03/2009 10:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 68 in Discussion

Bakala Message 53

"Does this mean you have passed some sort of test for lying a cheating ?"

You are a journalist!!! LMFAO! talk about Pot callin the Kettle!!

Kitty Kat Jac

Message Posted:
03/03/2009 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 68 in Discussion

Sorry hindsight but WHAT is that post about??

Why would i want a forwarding address for Unwins?? I am sat behind the desk in there office as i send this.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.