North Cyprus Tourist Board - Mothers advice please!!!!!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Mothers advice please!!!!!

Mothers advice please!!!!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

turkan

Message Posted:
25/07/2010 22:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Can you, other than a pram take a car seat on a flight into excess luggage, as part of your allowance im going via the greekside.

dublinderm

Message Posted:
25/07/2010 22:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Hi Turkan,

Usually baby car seats are not considered 'excess luggage' by most airlines. They normally weigh very little and are expected when your booking includes an 'infant' as part of your travelling group.

Check the website of your airline or ask your travel agent. I work in baggage at and airport and even Ryanair do not charge extra for light weight car seats for babies. A colleague who regularly travels between Dublin DUB and Nottingham EMA brings buggy and car seat without any additional charges or booking.

I hope this helps,

DD

Francesca

Message Posted:
26/07/2010 04:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Having travelled thousands of miles with 2 under two's - going back a few years now I always took the option of the 10 percent fare this meant you could take your car seat onboard and though it wasn't allowed for take off and landing you had them strapped in for the rest of the flight...to my mind much safer and they also learnt that when they were flying it was a journey and they had to sit there...if there is a possibility of being charged excess baggage with airlines such as monarch then it maybe worth inquiring directly with them but for the sake of a fiver in the difference between excess it is worth it...believe me......

turkan

Message Posted:
27/07/2010 23:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

thanks guys

Jenny76

Message Posted:
29/07/2010 13:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Hi

I'm frequently in and out of NC with my now almost 3yr old via the Sounth - never had a problem in taking a car seat with me

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.