North Cyprus Tourist Board - sempati bbq last sunday not good
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > sempati bbq last sunday not good

sempati bbq last sunday not good

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

TurkBankRep

Message Posted:
27/07/2010 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 26 in Discussion

went paid 17tl for ticket as everyone raves about it myself and three others

it was not good at all cheap meat bits chicken wings ect

today complained to managment as we were all ill with upset stomachs

it started at 2pm at about 3.30pm the sweet came out a unset jelly my friends tell me as i left

i could have gone to punjab for same price and had a excellant meal

i have been apologised to by managment and to please come in for a drink when passing

linda roy

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
27/07/2010 12:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 26 in Discussion

Not tried it myself. At least they appologised and asked you to pop by for a drink sometime. Not just the shoulder shrug response!

I take it you won't be there next Sunday then??

G

TurkBankRep

Message Posted:
27/07/2010 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 26 in Discussion

you know i might just go to compare it to last week after certain staff were not there but back now

think i will look round before buying my ticket if not good going to punjab

linda

yes i feel when complaning go to the people you need to dont just mouth off at the venue hoping someone hears you and listens

Erkankilim

Message Posted:
27/07/2010 17:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 26 in Discussion

Dear All,

We are doing B.B.Q Since Easter Time, and we give following items for all the time for 17TL

OPEN BUFFET MEZES

SAUSAGE

MEATBALLS

HAMBURGER

CHICKEN WINGS

SEFTALI KEBAB

FRESH POTATOES

ONION

AND DESSERT

FOOD SERVED

13.00 TILL 1500 -1600HOURS

Erkankilim

Message Posted:
27/07/2010 17:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 26 in Discussion

I quite suprise your comment regarding food quality

Our foods preared daily and fresh

we had 50-60 people served Last sunday everyone eats same food, Also I had same food, however we didnt get any complaint, you must eat something somewhere meybe.

flowerfairy

Message Posted:
27/07/2010 18:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 26 in Discussion

Erkan,

We unfortunately couldn't come for the barbeque this Sunday, but last time we were there, you served

yummy mashed potatoes, they were delicious, as was everything else. Keep up the good work.

TurkBankRep

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 08:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 26 in Discussion

no we did not eat anyware else

some people were complaining out loud saying it was not as good as last week and there was a lot of them at the same table for everyone to here but not doing anything about it

yummy mashed potatoes whats that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats how i talk to my grandaughter

you mean they were good .....cold and chips cold as well

i went along because of all the good press and was very dissapointed and told them so

Linda Roy

jillyjugs

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 08:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 26 in Discussion

slow service, staff forgetting ,things... sounds like turk bank to moi

TurkBankRep

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 08:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 26 in Discussion

when people are not happy why do they complaine on this board but do not complaine to the people they need to..................

if you have a problem with turkbank a complaint to the manager or even a complaint letter handed in to the branch then after you have addressed the problem the result of that out come could be posted

Linda Roy

Customer Rep Turkbank Karaoglanoglu

0392 822 4032/3

l.roy@turkishbank.net

davedee

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 08:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 26 in Discussion

message 9 Speechless !!

Jodienjon

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 08:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 26 in Discussion

Reading this post it sound very surprising. Alot of places do have there off day's so maybe try it again. I have eated there on a sunday and i have to say there was plenty of food all very good and their deserts were lovely profitter rolls and cream, Fruit Salad, my son loved it so much he wanted more.

I have eaten in the punjab and had good meals and bad meals from there and also other places but i have not posted comment on here i have said to the resturant in person. And i agree complaints should be made direct to the resturant/company NOT on an open board as the company in question will not know how to change things if need be.

I hope the people that do read this dont just take lindas word (I know she had a bad experiance) but try it for themselves as there are many business trying to keep up with everyone and they all need our support.

flowerfairy

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 08:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 26 in Discussion

''yummy mashed potatoes whats that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats how i talk to my grandaughter ''

I state my case!!!!!!!!

''when people are not happy why do they complaine on this board but do not complaine to the people they need to..................''

I can see no other reason for complaining on this board, full stop, other than damaging someone who is trying to run a business. It should be dealt with at the appropriate time, with the appropriate person, end of....

no need to post on 44 to tell all.

TurkBankRep

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 09:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 26 in Discussion

message 3 as i said i will go back

davedee

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 09:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 26 in Discussion

Message 13 will they want you ??

TurkBankRep

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 09:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 26 in Discussion

why not i approched them first

soon find out when i go in for a drink

flowerfairy

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 26 in Discussion

Well, hats off to Sempati, at least they're trying to amend a situation without putting the blame on others.

One thing I would like to know is, where did they buy their 'cheap meat bits'?,as you so called it. I've yet to find any.

TurkBankRep

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 11:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 26 in Discussion

CHICKEN WINGS + CUT UP HOTDOG SAUSAGES

ANY SUPERMARKET

ozwozz86

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 11:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 26 in Discussion

Having briefly looked at your posts Linda, its clear you were not happy with the bbq. However, management dealt with the situation in a more than adequate way. End of.

Posting on 44 with the heading, and I quote, “sempati bbq last sunday not good” is just, in my opinion, not nice.

Its obvious you are attempting to warn people off attending their next bbq. Why would you do this after the situation was dealt with so well? Can I ask if you bored?

I think these bbq’s sound great and will definitely be attending next week. I guess in a way I’m thankful you have brought it to my attention.

Keep up the good work.

TopTen

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 12:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 26 in Discussion

Give the lady a break, I for one want to hear about any place that serves bad food, as well as places that serve good food.If its rubbish and gets posted then hopefully that will achieve a positive response from restaurant and improve standards

Simhar

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 12:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 26 in Discussion

Have to say that:

1 complaint - dealt with by the management and complainant would go back....

2 have tried and liked it.......

Heard lots of good things from friends.....

Management have taken on board complaint, apologised, offered a drink......

Think I'll give it a go!!!!!

ozwozz86

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 12:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 26 in Discussion

Msg 19

Topten, I think you have missed the point. The complaint was addressed by management. Do you not think that this is the spur they need to produce there best bbq, meal or whatever next week?

Why complain to management, and THEN knock the establishment(on a public forum with 9000+ members) before giving it another try? It just doesn't add up. People have bad days. This is life. But should they be publically exposed without a chance to make ammends?

Think about that, and if you have to get back to me, please do. My email is ozziex99@hotmail.com.

flowerfairy

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 26 in Discussion

May I just suggest that after all this advertising, it would be a good idea to book your tickets for the Bbq, then maybe the chef can order enough quality meat for everyone.

spider

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 14:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 26 in Discussion

Never been but i may well go this week..and make my own mind up.

Spider,X

chrisieh1

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 26 in Discussion

TurkBankRep

As you can see from the replies, the Sunday BBQ at Sempati is very popular. Why did you complain 2 days later, and not at the time? If you had complained while you were there, they might have been able to explain a few things before you started putting them down on here. Like explaining that this 'jelly' that your friends told you about was not jelly at all. It was a popular Turkish dessert called sulu muhallebi. If you has asked at the time what it was, someone would have explained it to you and you might have actually liked it. Regarding the 'cheap' meat, how you could tell Sempati's meat cost any less than what you buy? I hope that your upset stomach is now better, but no-one else seems to have been ill even though they ate the same food as you, so could it possibly have been something else that caused it?

As others have said, everyone has an off day. Have you never ruined a meal/dinner party before? I hope if you return to Sempati we'll also see positive feedback

Poodledog

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 15:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 26 in Discussion

Having been involved in restaurant and hotel businesses in England for the past 40 + years, I can sympathise both with the hotel and also the client. Every restaurant/hotel strives to do its best everytime but occasionally things do go wrong. My son also owns two restaurtants in England and I know the problems which do occur. I too attended the BBQ on Sunday last - my sixth or seventh visit and agree that the quality and quantity of food was not up to the usual standard. Normally I have complimented the hotel and passed the word on as to what good value for money the event represented particularly when you realise that the price of 17 TL (less than £7.50) includes your two course meal, fabulous entertainment from Pete. The atmosphere is very relaxing and you also get the chance to have a swim if you wish!

I will not abandon the Sempati BBQs just because of one "below par" experience . But it is right that the hotel is made aware of problems so that they can correct mistakes.

dunroming

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 15:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 26 in Discussion

so tell all iy you have a good meal and say nowt if a ban one ??

especially if it's a a popular location.

Mashed potato at a BBQ ??? interesting choice.

'' it was not good at all cheap meat bits chicken wings ect ''

there is no cheap meat in trnc the price of meat has soared in recent months

SAUSAGE decent ones from the pork butcher 1tl each

MEATBALLS

HAMBURGER ( i presume they were beef burgers) decent ones from the pork butcher2.5 tl each

CHICKEN WINGS 7 tl per kilo

SEFTALI KEBAB 14 tl per kilo

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.