North Cyprus Tourist Board - Renting property long-term (6mo) in North Cyprus & visa - help please
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Renting property long-term (6mo) in North Cyprus & visa - help please

Renting property long-term (6mo) in North Cyprus & visa - help please

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

Aeyeofspirit

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 11:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Have been on the 'threads' & not found any replies regarding my queries there so please can someone answer the following.

How do we find 'good deals' for rental of properties available? Know that some are available on this site via owners - but would we then need a solicitor?

What is it about visa's we only intend to stay for 6mo initially - have been told just take our visa gained at border to Kyrienia police station for 'extension' but on the threads I got impression more is needed (we are not applying for residency as yet)

Finally about flights - we want to come via Manchester & Istanbul to Ercan but flying to South (Larnaca) is also an(possibly easier) option (despite possible border crossing issues) - so how do we find someone to get us from either airport to wherever we find somewhere

Thanks Anne (Aeyeofspirit)

the butler

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Anne,

If you intend hiring a car when you arrive, the car hire company will arrange to pick you up at either Larnaca or Ercan airport. I understand there are buses from both airports. If you fly into Larnaca, the bus will only take you to the south Of Nicosia and you will need to walk across the border and get another bus to Kyrenia. You only need show your passport at the crossing kiosk, where they will give you a visa, check that it says 90 days, as sometimes you only get 30 days. If you wish to extend this to six months, you can go to the police station in Kyrenia or some people just take a short trip to Turkey or to the south for the day. I wouldn't recommend this but lots of people do do it.

The butlers wife

spider

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 15:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Do you intend to find a property to rent first from this forum and move right in ? You will get a rental contract,you do not need to see a solicitor.Have you thought about staying at a hotel for a while till you find a place to rent first,as thats what we did and might be a way for you to start.Hotels are very reasonable rates per night..Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Spider,x

samblaney1985

Message Posted:
29/07/2010 11:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

hi i have a one bedroom sleeps 4 in Tatlisu, pics available on http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk ad no 98894 - please email me on sblaney1985@yahoo.co.uk for anymore info

thanks

sam

Bibi4

Message Posted:
30/07/2010 14:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Anne

I have a lovely penthouse 2bed 2 bath in Turtle Bay Village Esentepe about 20 mins drive from Kyrenia - the bus into Kyrenia passes by the gate. The apartment faces the sea and has the mountains to the front - swimming pool just down the steps - the complex has 8 pools in all.

more info let me know - I hope to move permanently in 3 years time!

Breda

Aeyeofspirit

Message Posted:
02/08/2010 13:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Hi - any details & how much - we are coming out on 18th August - staying at the Pia Bella for 2/52 - want to rent from Sept/October for 6months (initially & then if can sell home here maybe buying).

Not sure if you can post personal e-mail here but will do so - so it's Amatherton@aol.com

Hope to hear from you

Anne

Aeyeofspirit

Message Posted:
02/08/2010 13:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Hi we intend to rent for 6mo from Sept/Oct - coming out on 18th August for 2/52 - to sus things out & are staying at the Pia Bella - maybe meet up to ask questions etc.

Thanks Anne

ps personal e-mail is Amatherton@aol.com

Aeyeofspirit

Message Posted:
02/08/2010 13:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Hi we intend to rent for 6mo from Sept/Oct - coming out on 18th August for 2/52 - to sus things out & are staying at the Pia Bella - maybe meet up to ask questions etc.

Thanks Anne

Aeyeofspirit

Message Posted:
02/08/2010 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Whoops it seems that if I put a reply it comes to all - I thought could reply to individuals when clicking on reply to their thread - so now all who read the previous know my personal e-mail - ah well.

Any way as you can see coming out on 18th for 2/52 to sus things out - replies as follow too: -

Samblaney - thanks - but want more than 1 bedroom

Bibi - re how much etc

The butlers wife - no car now - write off 2 wks ago - sob sob - but hubby fine

Spider - did think of maybe hotel for a short while & if don't find anything when we come out later this month may do that

Thanks to you all for your replies

Anne

Aeyeofspirit

Message Posted:
11/08/2010 18:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

thanks for al replies

Jefferson

Message Posted:
11/08/2010 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Try Sabena at north cyprus rentals

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.