North Cyprus Tourist Board - Title Deeds-the latest nonsense
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Title Deeds-the latest nonsense

Title Deeds-the latest nonsense

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

elko2

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

I bought a villa for my daughter last November and the developer is working very hard to give me the title deeds and of course get his money from me. Finally we were hoping to get it this week but not so easy

This is a very small estate with just six villas each with its own pool and individual gardens sorrounded by stone walls and the only common ground is the road and a nice big playground with the villas situated around it. Apparently the chap at the District Office says that all the swimming pools and the individual gardens should be shown as part of the communal areas. No way! They are hoping to sort it out in the next few days or I will step in and take the matter to the High Administrative Court to sort out the District Office of Girne. These people are paid to use their brains. I think the high salaries they get has gone to their heads and they think they are kings.

ismet

newlad

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 12:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Kick ass Elko,

Paul.

the butler

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 14:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Well if a Turkish Cypriot can't resolve this problem without having to go to the High Adminastrative Court, what does us it say for the expats in the same situation?

The butlers wife

Geoff

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 15:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

You did the right thing and didn't pay for the property without the deeds.

The rest of us WALLIES, paid up front in trust and got screwed, still waiting for deeds.

At least you could back out the deal - us poor WALLIES cannot,

Geoff

Famagusta City

elko2

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 16:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

The developer is doing everything in his power and I have nothing but praise for his efforts. As for going to court, it comes quite naturally to me but before that I will give the other side every opportunity to avoid such an embarrassing situation.

Last time I went to the High Administrative Court was about the name of my daughter's business. The Companies House refused to let us have the name "Smart" in any form because of the "Smart Card" of Iktisat bank. "Smart" was the name of their company in Turkey and wanted a similar name here. So I was very forceful and told them that I will get it through the court if necessarry. They didn't believe me. So after I sued them, the attroney called my wife and told her that we can have "Smart Plus" but would she please call on the Companies House and not send me there because they would be too embarrassed if I went there. No problem but I do not chew my words when faced with nonsense.

ismet

juliamoons

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 16:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Hey is that Smart furniture that used to be in Karaoglanoglu? We furnished out our office with them.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 16:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

elko2:

I would like to source the names of whoever, against the terms of the TRNC Constitution, refused the PTP on my genuine pre '74 Turkish Title property, and sue them for not only covering up the now commonly known scam, but also for blatantly deceiving me and denying me my 'human rights'.

I realise I have 'a snowball's chance in Hell'.............you, as a TC, would win 'hands down'!

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 16:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Ismet. Take them to the ECHR. )

elko2

Message Posted:
29/07/2010 00:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

msg. 6 Juliamoons,

Indeed Smart Plus furniture, now in Catalkoy just before Lemar travelling from Girne towards Catalkoy.

msg 7, Tenekoutou,

It is a real scam but not sure how to go about it. Everybody should campaign to have the PTP given to individuals without reference to any specific property. Some properties can be marked on the map for "special" permissions i.e. security zones and those not wanting to take a risk shouıld keep clear of those. Trouble is they do not want to give PTP for pre74 Turkish title but they are too shy to admit it. They should come clean either way, otherwise they harm the image of the country more than anything else.

msg 8 No.Doyen,

No, not ECHR, I prefer to tear them apart and cut them to size in our courts.

ismet

Bradus

Message Posted:
29/07/2010 01:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

""too shy to admit it"

A very tactful and diplomatic way of putting it. From my experience its more about being to corrupt to admit it.

I could fully understand their need to keep as much Pre 74 as possible, what I cannot understand is why a honest, humane and business government would allow agents to continue to sell it, sit back and watch buyers pay in full, knowing they will never own it.

The solution is simple............just come clean.

By the way Elko2 everything went smoothly with the sale.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
29/07/2010 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

elko2: All I wanted to do when buying a property in TRNC was to do what I thought was the right thing - which didn't include buying 'exchange' that I bloody well knew full well had never been exchanged!

This was the summer of 2005 - so the government had had plenty of time to publicise the fact that they wanted to reserve all genuine pre '74 TT for TC's, in order to prevent their legacy falling into the ownership of foreigners. They have also had plenty of time to produce a codastroal map delineating military territory.

'Too shy to admit it'! - that's one classy euphemism, elko2!

Sorry - but Bradus has 'hit the nail on the head' in Msg 10 - how I wish we could say 'everything went smoothly with the sale'.

You don't know how lucky you are, Bradus - you don't know how propitious were your circumstances!

Bradus

Message Posted:
29/07/2010 20:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Oh I do Tenakoutu.

I feel one lucky lady. The relief is tremendous. Having a wonderful time booking holidays and looking forward to seeing new places. Won't get stuck in the same place again when there is a whole new world out there.

No regrets though, a huge learning experience.

newlad

Message Posted:
29/07/2010 22:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Great news about the sale Suzie,

Paul.

Bradus

Message Posted:
29/07/2010 23:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Thanks Paul,

all went through within days. Oh the difference between buying as a foreigner and a TC. Imagine what it could be like if PTP was reduced to weeks rather than months?

The comparison was Brit 5 years for title deeds. TC within 2 weeks.

Bradus

Message Posted:
29/07/2010 23:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Oh and of course the rule "no kocan, no money" was enforced to the letter!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.