North Cyprus Tourist Board - TURKBANK CLOSED FRIDAY 01/08/08
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > TURKBANK CLOSED FRIDAY 01/08/08

TURKBANK CLOSED FRIDAY 01/08/08

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

petsitter61

Message Posted:
29/07/2008 16:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

please note that Turkbank wıll be closed thıs Frıday as Bank Holıday

authentichoccie

Message Posted:
29/07/2008 16:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

whats in aid of? does anyone know if all govt offices etc will be closed?

Wonder if my boss will give me day off as well?????

Alasian

Message Posted:
29/07/2008 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

1st of August 1958 was when TMT - Turkish Cypriot Resistance Organization was found against EOKA(Greek Cypriot Terrorist Organisation found in 1955 to unite with Greece) to defend the TC civilians and prevent union with Greece.

Its a national holiday.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
29/07/2008 22:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

If you want to know more read the book - IN REALITY NO ONE WAS ASLEEP by Ismail Tansu.

Available at Five Fingers, Ozankoy. Heavy going but worth reading.

Everyone talks about EOKA but these people worked in the back ground trying to protect TC.

One thing, these people did not murder and mutilate British soldiers as did EOKA. My brother in law related a tale to me that is horenedous. Cut down version, squadies were attacked and set on fire by whatever means. As a medic he was sent in to fight the flames and rescue the kids left burning. Fifty years later he still has nightmares about it. The ironic part was the doctor on scene got a gong for his work, the medics who were on National Service just received nightmares for life!

Alasian

Message Posted:
29/07/2008 23:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

One of the EOKA terrorists, Sampson, was also a journalist working at Cyprus Mail.

In 1950s, He would murder british soldiers, and than, take a photo and make news of it as if he didnt kill them.

The same terrorist was the leader of GC Thugs that occupied North Nicosian suburbs in 1963.

The same terrorist was the leader of the Greek occupation forces in 1974, and the same person in 1980s told at a newspaper interview that he would have wiped out all TCs had Turkey not made the peace operation.

authentichoccie

Message Posted:
30/07/2008 10:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Unbelievable! I am in awe of what the Turkish Cypriots have been through.

Anyone got a copy of that book I can borrow??

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
30/07/2008 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

The TMT book is a heavy read and is more a history of the set up of the organisation then involvment in the fighting. In fact still reading it as it is heavy going .

Have you read - Echoes from the Dead Zone (Across the Cyprus Divide) by Yiannis Papadakis.

He is a GC Anthropologist and is an unbiased viewpoint but quite graphic. Starts off going to Istanbul to do research expecting "devils with horns", that really is the way indoctrination works in the south. For me, a much better written history than Genocide Files.

Afraid have not got a copy and do not know where to get one, it is proably banned in the south. I do know it is available on Amazon.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.