North Cyprus Tourist Board - www.satellitecyprus.com
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > www.satellitecyprus.com

www.satellitecyprus.com

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

steveafc

Message Posted:
01/08/2010 00:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

a few questions please....

does anyone have this system?

does it work?

they say it's legal? is it?

HD reciever?

no freezing?

i am interested but would like to see the system working....................does the reciever have a card?

thank you for your responses

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
01/08/2010 09:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Steve

it is a Nilseat system - I'd recommend this fit a 1m dish - for the winter rain- but unless there is a heavy downpour it should work fine

I don't know about the make of HD receiver used, nor if the decryption is via a CAM and card, or via a built in slot - often using software - rather than hardware ( bad)

If it's the official receiver that will be used for the company that had the Prem League TV rights you should be fine..

It's just like SKY .. the package isn't MEANT to be viewed in CY, but if someone has an address in an Arab state...

Please note that these Prem League rights have changed 3 times in the last seven years - so THAT is why I'd want n HD receiver that can use more than one decryption method - or you might have to buy a new receiver..

Hopefully, the company acting as an 'agent' can put me straight.

Norman

Message Posted:
01/08/2010 09:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

i have had this system for a couple of weeks now and can highly recommend it.

steveafc

Message Posted:
01/08/2010 11:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Mark,

thanks for the info.

Hi Norman,

do you know the receivers decryption method......does it have a card?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
01/08/2010 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

re msg 4

To be specific:

..does it take a card, only, or does it take a CAM ( conditional access module ) into which you can insert an appropriate card ?

Simhar

Message Posted:
01/08/2010 12:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

I have discussed the issue of tv systems with mmmmmm recently and my choices seem to be Nilesat, Sky from Iceman or to just give up and go to digiturk and dvds. I have asked this supplier to let me know the size of the dish and the type of decoder they use but without a reply. why does that raise my suspicions?

Steveafc: Mark does seem to know his stuff!

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
01/08/2010 13:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

When it comes to things 'TRNC' I bow to Iceman .... a lot of stuff relevant to here is stuff i glean from him

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
01/08/2010 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Mark

Would you please explain, in simpleese what is the difference between this new satillitecyprus, dopi and digital supreme.

We enjoyed showtime when we had our own card but when price more than doubled we said good by to it. This set up is still not cheap but is manageable as we enjoy the content. We still have metre dish and watch all the freebies on Nilesat which for the most part is satisfactory.

Could we be wasting our money or is this potentially a realistic medium term proposition.

The answer is worth a pint one day.

david

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
01/08/2010 21:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Hi David

you have everything needed - except for the receiver ( the one advertised can receive High Definition signals) and paid up package to receive these channels. This system uses Nilesat

dopi and ds pirate pay tv from Nilesat and Hotbird

You are 'safer' using a legit package - as long as the person you pay is paying the sat tv company.

With SKY you can pay monthly - I note this package wants the money up front..

As you don't live in a country that should receive this package - unless you have an address in an Arabic/ North African state - you need to use an agent ...

wings

Message Posted:
01/08/2010 22:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

mmmmm. So Orbit Showtime and SatelliteCyprus have the same telephone number in the newspaper yesterday are they the same company?

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
02/08/2010 08:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Thanks Mark. Will have a chat to company and see what answers they give. Probably they are reading this so............

Wings, highly unlikly as Orbit Showtime are based in Dubai and will not use or supply info to anyone in TRNC.

My reading is the new company are installing the hardware and then if you want showtime you ask for it. Two seperate operations effectively ie as Mark says, we have the hardware but want showtime only so the company are advertising the package seperatley.

Whatever you do, if you get showtime connected, do not contact their helpdesk and give your card number as you will instantly be disconnected if you give a location as TRNC. This happened to a couple of people about 3 years ago and they were not amused but it was their own fault!!!

steveafc

Message Posted:
02/08/2010 09:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Dead right there David about the helpdesk !

So it seems that this is the same system that 'cold' used to supply but includes the abu dahbi channels and an HD box ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.