North Cyprus Tourist Board - Sorry guys, another couple of lovely dogs need a home
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Sorry guys, another couple of lovely dogs need a home

Sorry guys, another couple of lovely dogs need a home

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

superted

Message Posted:
05/08/2010 13:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Dear all

On our site we have been blessed with 2 lovely dogs who have obviously had previous owners as they are house trained and walk to your heel. Unfortunately the site do not allow dogs unless permission has been granted and these 2 are set to dumped somewhere else if we cant home them.

1 is approx 6months old Beagal and the other approx 18month old cyprus terrier cross of some sort.

They are both well trained, well behaved and great with kids.

We have tried KAR but they are full and if we have to get the police or Belediye out they will more than likely be put down which we really don't want to happen.

If anyone is able to help in any way it would be greatly appreciated. 1 of the couples on site are a real dog loving family and have taken the job of looking after them whilst they are here for the next couple of weeks and we would really like to find them a loving home before they leave as they simply can't stay on site.

Please please help

Many thanks

SuperTed

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
05/08/2010 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Why why why can't a law be passed that every pet on the Island is chipped and ANY animal found, NOT chipped, (there could be regular testing of any animal found wandering) be euthanized immediately. That would concentrate the minds of all owners, those that care for their animals, ex-pats or indigenous - that can afford to feed their animals, can afford to chip them - those that don't - it will be doing the animal a favour to be put out of its misery. Also - every pet should be sterilised or spayed. I'm not on the Island at the moment, but can't anyone with influence in the media, or with the government (or even KAR)? get this on television, newspapers, radio...........?

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
05/08/2010 16:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

It would not "concentrate the minds of owners" a lot of loose dogs are from British people who have returned to UK and because nobody will take them in, including KAR, they are just let loose.

Also most Cypriot owners think dogs are not pets but have to serve a purpose hence when the purpose has gone the dog will either be shot or let loose where some stupid British person will take them in and..........

the butler

Message Posted:
05/08/2010 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Hi Sayman,

Can you try and get photographs of both dogs and post them on the board as I think most people would like to see what they look like? Also are they dogs or bitches?

The butlers wife

magicart

Message Posted:
05/08/2010 21:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Cyprusishome,

Mess 3,

I am one of those brits who happen to care about animals and will do whatever I feel is necessary to help them and I'm not stupid.

Last week a local TC dumped his 18 month old Alsation outside our Villa without water shade or food for 3 days in tempretures of 35c.

How long would you last in the same conditions without any help.?

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
05/08/2010 21:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

magicart.

I got six cats so do not come the smart a***, always think before you post. I am simply stating the facts as they are.There are only so many animals that can be rescued.

I would advocate a mass cull to clear the streets of all stray and wandering animals before the country is over run.

the butler

Message Posted:
06/08/2010 00:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

We all know that there are very bad problems with stray animals in the TRNC. I am an animal lover myself but I am realistic about the situation and realise that the expat community cannot save all these animals. What is the point in spaying and neutering them and returning them to the streets to a life of hunger and misery, wouldn't it be best for them to be put to sleep humanely? The last time I was in Kyrenia at night, there was a pack of dogs, there must have been 20 of them just up from the harbour. I found the experience very frightening and wondered how long it will be before a child gets injured or they cause a serious road accident. Will this have to happen before something is done about them? Also is it just the expat community who abandon their dogs when they return to the UK or move on, or are some of these animals turned out by the Turkish Cypriots? Most of the local dogs I have seen are chained up or are in cages without shade, which is equally shocking. cont.

the butler

Message Posted:
06/08/2010 00:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

In the coming months the problem is only going to get worse, as the price of shipping animals back to the UK has risen since CTA have gone.

The butlers wife

magicart

Message Posted:
06/08/2010 10:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

Mess 6.

I just object to being called stupid while trying to help defeneless animals.(your words not mine)

As for thinking before posting -would suggest you take a look at your first posting before handing out a lecture .

Lilli

Message Posted:
06/08/2010 10:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

david cyprusishome, i also object to being called stupid for helping defenceless animals, mant try to do our best knowing kar cant help as they are so stretched.

keithcaley

Message Posted:
06/08/2010 10:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

magicart,

are you referring to message 2 of this thread? : - http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/139.asp

magicart

Message Posted:
06/08/2010 10:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

No mess 3 and 6.

I rarely get angry and appreciate other peoples views but I'm not prepared to be called stupid for helping defenceless animals.

The dog we rescued last week was "dying a living death"-chained up/no water/shade or food.

He's on the mend now and we think we have found him a proper home(we have 2 of our own).

Thanks

Art

Lilli

Message Posted:
06/08/2010 10:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

well done art, i still have 3 to rehome but at leasty the are safe, fed and watered x

ozwozz86

Message Posted:
12/08/2010 18:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

I think "cyprusishome" is spouting his usual drivel.

rowan

Message Posted:
12/08/2010 20:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

i have taken 3 from the streets and i am far from stupid.

blade

Message Posted:
13/08/2010 10:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Blaming people and calling people stupid is not the answer. There is good and bad in all races of people.

We need to work together to help these poor animals!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.