North Cyprus Tourist Board - Any Hardcore(ish) Gyms Near Bogazkoy/Agirdag/Belapais area?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Any Hardcore(ish) Gyms Near Bogazkoy/Agirdag/Belapais area?

Any Hardcore(ish) Gyms Near Bogazkoy/Agirdag/Belapais area?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

altug

Message Posted:
05/08/2010 14:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Hi guys,

Great to be here..I read a few threads before signing up and it seems like a real tight nit group here

My names Altug and I have Turkish Cypriot parents, we have an apartment and a house out in North Cyprus and I've decided to get away from the hectic London life for 3 months and retreat to our house out there.

I really need a gym when I get there! Does anybody know of any gyms near the agirdag/Bogazkoy area? (I know its not really near town but what would be the nearest gym)

If you're unsure of where this area is here is the map, it is between Lefkosa and Girne - Just under St Hilarion and Belapais.

http://cyprus44.com/holidays/map.asp

The gym I'm looking for needs to have a heavy selection of weights. I would like a squat rack, bench press and most definitely olympic barbells.

Does anybody have any recommendations? Thanks a lot in advance

Altug

altug

Message Posted:
05/08/2010 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

To the top

Any idea's anyone? So nobody goes to the gym here?? :D

Thanks guys

Hippo

Message Posted:
05/08/2010 15:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

No problem i have lots of rock to move in the garden you are welcome to train here

altug

Message Posted:
05/08/2010 16:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks Hippo

Any serious replies? I don't want to come over there for 3 months and have to travel for ages to get to a gym :(

Sazna

Message Posted:
05/08/2010 16:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

there is one near the main roundabout as you enter Lefkosa not the Nike Gym but Further along from the new Mr pound above a large Kebab shop.

My Husband used to go there and he is serious about body building so if its good enough for him then it should be good enough for your needs.

Sazna

Message Posted:
05/08/2010 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

my husband has told me the name is Keep Fit Gym

altug

Message Posted:
05/08/2010 17:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks Sazna that's really helpful :D

Sounds just like what I'm looking for!

Does your husband remember how much it cost there daily/weekly/monthly? Would prefer a monthly rate.

Also does anybody know what kind of equipment they have in Pumps gym near the Belapais lights? Do they have heavy weights and olympic bars? What is the cost of membership there?

Thanks for the help so far

KARY44

Message Posted:
05/08/2010 17:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Altug,

Not quite hardcore but if your only here 3 months, I would suggest GAU which is within reasonable driving distance, it's pretty new and has decnt facilities, a little bit further on in alsancak is life zone, def heavy gear there. GAU is100tl per month or 500 for six months, cheaper for ladies, I have been involved in coaching fitness and diet for 30 years, seen your website, if I can be of any assistance while your here email and I will get back to you

Sazna

Message Posted:
05/08/2010 18:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

hi i think he paid around 60tl a month but that was 2 years ago i expect it has gone up by now.

Markyboy

Message Posted:
05/08/2010 19:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Altug, there is a great Gym in Catalkoy on the main road by Shyna Beach club called Bonny Fitness Centre, they have everything you need there if you are serious about weights.

It's located just behind the Joker Off licence. I spent 4 weeks in Buffavento in June/July and joined for 80 TLY. It really is kitted out well with Squat Rack, Smith Press, Leg Press, Pec Deck, Lat pull down, cable crossovers, 2 Olympic Bench's, 1 Decline Olympic Bench, plenty of olympic weights that would keep even Sly or Arnie happy also have 2 treadmills, 3 bikes, and 2 power plates. Shower and changing room available and also supply protein supplements, you can buy the tub or he'll do you a shake straight after the workout for 5TL. The guy's name is Merish and he is very helpful.

They are open 0800am to 2200pm on weekdsays, 0900 -1700 on Saturdays and closed on Sundays.

It is about 10 Minutes from Girne.

altug

Message Posted:
06/08/2010 02:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Awesome! You guys have been great!

Surprised with some of the prices..thought they'd be cheaper but the 60ytl a month is about what I pay for my hardcore gym here so I can't really complain

Thanks for such detailed answers. You've all been really helpful!

Kary, I'll give you a shout..thanks for the offer! Thanks Marky and Sazna too!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.