North Cyprus Tourist Board - Having a well installed in NC - advice please
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Having a well installed in NC - advice please

Having a well installed in NC - advice please

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Suffolk

Message Posted:
07/08/2010 11:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Can anyone advise on the regulations of having a well dug? For the past two years our garden has got flooded during the heavy rain season. We thought that by having a well dug, and drains installed at the same time, leading into the top of the well, this would alleviate the problem. Our main concern is the distance from any neigbouring wells. An idea on prices and recommendation on good installer much appreciated.

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
07/08/2010 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Not an expert but this may take you forward. Firstly you need a licence which only the kocan owner can apply for. You need an application form, a site map, the kocan and I think 80 tl - but check with your Belediye. You cannot be within a defined distance of an existing well (I think 80 metres).

Before you even apply I would strongly advise you to get a diviner who will determine the best site on your property. Mine was provided by Mehmet Gagari from Karsiyaka (0542 852 4940) - it cost me £50 but there was certainly water where he recommended. Gagari will also give you prices for wells.

There are 2 types: -

a) drilled with a concrete liner - this will need to be drilled at least 8 metres past the level at which water is found to act as a reservoir. But once done you basically cannot change it.

b) a hand dug well widened at the water level for a reservoir. More expensive but it can always be accessed to deepen or clean. Also they drill into the side walls to increase water flow.

Suffolk

Message Posted:
07/08/2010 13:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Hi John,

Thanks for your advice and information that you haveprovided us with, we shall start looking into it further

Regards

Steve

tarry67

Message Posted:
07/08/2010 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

I was told recently that the government were not going to give permissions for wells being dug soon, so get in there quickly. Anyway they will proably change their minds next week.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.