North Cyprus Tourist Board - turkish ailines - miles and smiles
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > turkish ailines - miles and smiles

turkish ailines - miles and smiles

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

ajaney

Message Posted:
07/08/2010 16:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

I am about to book a flight for myself and my partner, using this airline for the first time. I have registered myself with miles and smiles. My question is, after the required number of flights will I get two free tickets from the single bookings or should I register my partner separately and book a separate ticket for him in order to get the free two flights. Hope this question doesn't sound too stupid and if it does, no sarcastic remarks please.

Thanks in anticipation

catalkoykid

Message Posted:
07/08/2010 16:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

yes register your partner aswell

TheScarlets

Message Posted:
07/08/2010 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

??????????????????

dublinderm

Message Posted:
07/08/2010 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Miles and Smiles is personal to each card holder.

This means the rewards points will only be calculated on the cards for flights taken by one card holder seperately.

I have one for me, one for the Missus and each of the jids seperately.

DD

TheScarlets

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 08:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks double d I've booked for next year so will get us both registered

Ian

ajaney

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 09:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

I have now booked two flights separately after having registered both of us for miles and smiles. The system would not let me register the first flight as I was paying for it (my partner's) with my credit card. I am hoping that i will be able to register the flight at the airport. Interestingly I booked the secong (my flight) immediately afterwards and the price had gone up! I was somewhat surpprised as there had already been a price hike earlier in the day. Do these booking systems have a way of reconising second bookings from the same computer as this has happened to me before with a different airline?

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 09:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Miles & Smiles points are not awarded for any TK flights that are operated by AnadoluJet, even though they have flight codes starting TK. The daily STN -> SAW -> ECN is operated as AnadoluJet so no points can be gained from them. From Manchester, Birmingham, Dublin & Heathrow, those flights will earn you points.

I think the flights from Istanbul Ataturk to Ercan are Turkish Airlines, the Sabiha Gokcen SAW flights are Anadolu.

TheScarlets

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks for explaining that

It is easy for companies to recogonise you when booking on line. Cost me dearly last year with when I booked. I now clear my browsing history regularly to keep one step ahead, even in between two bookings

flightholiday

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Ian Msg 8 - Why did it cost you dearly last year? (I'm just nosy and like to learn!)

flightholiday

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 10:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Jane msg 6 - The price bands can fill out and might have had a limited number of seats available at the time you looked - if someone else then got onto the airline system (direct or through an agent/consolidator) at the same moment you would see a higher price. If then they get off it and you get onto it; you might get your better price back (very, very complex).

darrener2

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 10:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

As far as I am aware Miles & Smiles points are awarded for 'flying miles' rather than paying for flights.

I always present my card at check-in to ensure that the points are added to my account.

When booking flights through a third party ie not direct with TA, there isn't always an opportunity to enter your account details.

On the rare occasion points have not been added I have followed the procedure detailed in the Miles & Smiles online blurb (dates and flight numbers) and the points have been speedily added.

D2

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.