North Cyprus Tourist Board - Flying to Germany from north cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Flying to Germany from north cyprus

Flying to Germany from north cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

dippersgirl

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

I need to visit my mother in Germany in Octoberfrom North cyprus. She lives in Cologne. Last time I started in England, flew to Germany with easyjet from Gatwick, then returned to Gatwick and then went by bus to Heathrow and flew to Ercan with CTA. I now want to do it from here and end up in England. I live in the West Country and Stansted is a real pain for me.

Any ideas??

walkerscott

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

It's a little less awkward for me as I travel from Hannover and when going to the UK I travel to Manchester. I know Koln and the West Country are difficult ones but have a look at the following websites:

http://www.ryanair.com

http://www.flybe.com

http://www.condor.com

Frankfurt may be the best solution for you. Certain periods in October are German school holidays which make flights expensive.

Good luck.

karakum5c

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 14:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

I have flown several times from Germany with Lufthansa to Larnaca, great service usual German efficiency.

If you book via their web site well in advance it can be a quite cheap way of doing it.

If you want UK connections, make sure the airport you are intending to connect to in the UK has a Lufthansa service as this will keep the cost of the flights down drastically, if not the web site will still qoute you a price but because they are using their Alliance partners planes from UK the price will be double or even treble what it would be if they were only using Lufthansa ones.

Texas

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 15:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Wie geht's?

Whilst living in Köln, we flew many times to Cyprus. The easiest was from Frankfurt direct to Larnaca and back. However, due to the fact that Köln has many Turkish people living there, and probably the best Turkish restaurants anywhere outside Turkey, there are many flights each day from Istanbul as well as Ankara, Izmir, etc. to Köln. So you could start with a cheap flight from Ercan to one of these Turkish Cities. Hapag Lloyd and Air Berlin were very cheap.

Getting back to the West Country may not be that easy.

Ask your mum if she knows Luxemburgerstrasse. We used to live there.

Tchuz.

Bring me back a Kölsch or three. I prefer Reisdorf!

flightholiday

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 15:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Eva Msg 1 - dont worry we can get you there easily and at a passably good price. Please email me your details including a phone number at info@flightholiday.co.uk and I will do it for you in the morning and call you with information.

dippersgirl

Message Posted:
16/09/2010 10:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Message four

Thanks for all the advice. I have used Lufthansa and all is well!!!!!

My mother lives very close toLuxemburger and we go shopping there. My sister ( plays wife in 'Hausmeister Krause' ) also lives close by and I know the area quite well

dippersgirl

Message Posted:
16/09/2010 10:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

message five - sorry not to respond to you - did not see your message in time and had booked by then, but I'm interested to try you for next time and will contact you for a quote. We will be coming back to Cyprus in February/March 2011

dippersgirl

Message Posted:
16/09/2010 10:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

message 4

Reisdorf is good!! Will have one waiting here.

phylray

Message Posted:
16/09/2010 16:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

My nephew and family used Lufthansa when they came to my place in N.Cyprus

1 boy and baby. I travelled back with them to Larnaca as their flight left a bit before

mine. What a difference! They were horrified when they saw they massive queue for

U.K and they just walked straight up to check-in with no waiting.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
16/09/2010 18:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Eva - as this has come up again I was wondering if there was a need or reason. I thought I would check for a flight from Ercan through Istanbul to Cologne and back in total (right now) 4th to 11th October GBP 342.00 but I would expect you to pay GBP 359.00 return as there is only one seat at the lower price.

If you want some help email me with your details (including your phone number) at info@flightholiday.co.uk

Kantara

Message Posted:
16/09/2010 22:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

What about Pegasus Airlines?

The connections to Germany from here are very good..to England I don't know...

Texas

Message Posted:
17/09/2010 00:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Dippersgirl.

Do you know Unkelbachs? Great Reibekuchen. http://www.hausunkelbach.de/

What about Steinmetz? Fantastic Surprise menu. http://www.tripwolf.com/en/guide/show/195066/Germany/Cologne/Steinmetz

I still miss the basement in Kaufhof. Reisdorf and a Halber Hahn. (No chicken there!).

We lived very near Sulzbergstrasse. The trams ran right past our front window. No "leaves on the line" excuse in Germany!

Have a good flight.

dippersgirl

Message Posted:
20/09/2010 18:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

message 12

Yeah, know it all....... will eat and drink one of everything for you. Moght even put a piccie on here.

dippersgirl

Message Posted:
20/09/2010 18:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

message 10

Will come back to you in Feb, have passed your email to my friends who are planning to come in October

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.