North Cyprus Tourist Board - who will win the title?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > who will win the title?

who will win the title?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
01/08/2008 16:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 40 in Discussion

If we were assume that Liverpool sign Barry, does that make them favourites?

You would have a holding midfield made up of Barry and Mascheramo, three attacking midfielders of Keane, Babel and Gerrard and up front you have Torres. It's enough to make you drool.

Sorry, I am bit biased. Liverpool were my childhood team and it would be nice to see them at the top again.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
01/08/2008 16:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 40 in Discussion

Mark, I am not a Liverpool fan, but I'm putting money on Liverpool this year - wih or without Barry.

Kop that!

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
01/08/2008 17:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 40 in Discussion

Good man Bill

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
01/08/2008 17:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 40 in Discussion

I think Liverpool may have a chance if they concentrate on their cultural status and use Ringo to drum up some enthusiasm.

They must concentrate on their club loyalty which is the Cavern of their lost inheritance. Can they ever get it back to what it was?

The fans would be more supportive if the club used more than just 2 Liver Birds with Pom Poms! Also get a new singer, lets face it, Cilla is a bit past it!

p.s. I love Liverpool! I first visited years ago and have been back many times,..... but still haven't found my alloys!

oops!

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
01/08/2008 17:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 40 in Discussion

Like it RobnJo. Your ps reminded me of a joke, something about an Iraqi playing for Liverpool and his mum feeling Liverpool was more dangerous than Baghdad, but like most jokes I can never remember them.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
01/08/2008 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 40 in Discussion

Benitez sent scouts out around the world looking for a new striker to replace Michael Owen who had gone to Newcastle.

One of the scouts informs him of a young Iraqi striker who he thinks will turn out to be a true superstar. The Liverpool manager flies to Baghdad to watch him and is suitably impressed and arranges for him to come over to Anfield.

Two weeks later Liverpool are 4-0 down to Man Utd with only 20 minutes left. The manager gives the young Iraqi striker the nod and on the field he goes. The lad is a sensation, scores 5 in 20 minutes and wins the game for Liverpool. The fans are delighted, the players and coaches are delighted and the media love the new star.

When the lad comes off the pitch, he phones his mum to tell her about his first day in English football. "Hello mum, guess what?" he says. "I played for 20 minutes today, we were 4-0 down but I scored 5 and we won.

Everybody loves me, the fans, the media, they all love me".

"Wonderful," says his mum. "Let me tell you about my day. Your father got shot in the street, your sister and I were ambushed and beaten and your brother has joined a gang of looters while you were having a great time!"

With this news, the young lad is very upset. "What can I say mum, except I'm so sorry".

"Sorry!" exclaims his mum. "It's your fault we all moved to Liverpool in the first f****** place!"

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
01/08/2008 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 40 in Discussion

if liverpool dont win this it be bye bye rafa .

chelsea will win ,they be smarting from last season and came so close .

kav (man u fan)

whats the betting rooney takes the winkers head off in training ?

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
01/08/2008 21:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 40 in Discussion

Ah thats the joke Bill, thanks mate

You are right kavenkoy. He is under alot of pressure. Benitez has to perform or he is out.

Not sure the winker is going to be there. One thing for sure it has held up Rooneys development. Rooney has become his servant on the pitch.

Chelsea have a very good chance. You could be right

Harold2555

Message Posted:
01/08/2008 21:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 40 in Discussion

Arsenal this year

In Arsene we trust!

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
01/08/2008 22:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 40 in Discussion

Wenger is a genius but still think they are missing a bit of British steel in the team. What do you reckon?

Harold2555

Message Posted:
01/08/2008 22:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 40 in Discussion

Resolution Maybe but I hope the lessons of last season have been learnt. Steel is less required than before because slowly but surely the powers that be are turning the game into a non contact sport. If it is needed then look out for Diaby in central midfield this year, I and many other gooners are expecting a lot from the lad.

Paul

goonerstan

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 00:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 40 in Discussion

look no further then the gooners led for 2/3 thirds last season just missed by 4 points played the best football by far, only manure came close liverpool dream on

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 00:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 40 in Discussion

I think Lapta will win the titel this year. Gonyeli had a good run to it this year but time to move on

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 07:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 40 in Discussion

gooner

playing the best football by far ,is like reading the sunday papers when you have won 3 nil ,then not buying them when ypu get beat 3 nil.

the papers say things like that,

united played the most consistant entertaining football ,as stats proove that .

we were very lucky at the end of the season ,and that little slice of luck could have gone chelsea way ,2 trophies or none .

team of the season in achievments would be portsmouth for me ,had a great year on little resources to the "big 4" .

wenger ermmm jury out now on him for me ,is he complacent ?does he still have the hunger the old man up north has ?

kav

aslan

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 09:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 40 in Discussion

I think the original, oldest and most resoected team in mersyside will win this year, the only team in merseyside supported and followed by true scousers similar to Man City and their loyal mancunian fans.

David Moyes has done a fantastic job with a bunch of cheap and a few untalented players, which goes to show that the three attacking midfielders of Liverpool Keane, Babel and Gerrard and up front you have Torres do not win titles.

Must pop out for my weeklt reality check now!! TTFN

I recal a post about setting up a KKTC forum fantasy football comp, did it come off and can I join?

Harold2555

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 10:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 40 in Discussion

I have posted a new topic about the fantasy football league please look and join

Paul

ukturk

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 12:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 40 in Discussion

hi guys

i must say liverpool on paper look a strong team, but a strong attack does not win you the title even thou you took one of our best players in keane sorry to see him go but if his heart is not in it then you have to let him go!!! liverpools problem is their defence and you take gerrard out of the team or he has a bad day they loose their steel and also rafa might be a genius in europe but he makes some strange decisions in the premireship losing or drawing against weaker teams!!!

even thou i am a spurs fan i take my hat off to wegner he is a football genius but you cant expect to sell your top players every season and replace them with unknown young players cos it takes time time for these players to gel and progress and you cant expect wegner to keep pulling out the rabbits out of his magic hat

no on to my team the mighty spurs even thou i say this every year lol it looks like this season will be a good one for us, we managed to get rid of some of our dead wood and bought in some top players gomes in goal, king woodgate bale and hutton in defence, lennon bentley modic santos or jenas in midfield and bent and berbatov in attack and if beba does go im sure we can buy a top striker for the money we get for him and also the quality we have on the bench with a tactical astute manager in his first full season lets see what happens shall we

i think this season will be a much closer than any before and i can see man u - chelski- arsenal - liverpool - everton - spurs - villa all fighting for the top places

regards

ukturk

watty

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 12:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 40 in Discussion

West Brom to win the league by 6 points.

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 12:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 40 in Discussion

Now there is a man of optimism -watty. Hope you have a good season mate

Hi Erkan, I thought you had retrired mate and hung up your boots. Good to see you back. You have made some good points about Liverpool and Arsenal. I think Liverpools defense is not the best but it is solid, if they can keep Carragher fit. As you say Arsenal can't lose experience and bring in unknowns or untested players. My mate is an Arsenal season ticket holder. Like the guys have stated here he has big hopes for Diabby this season. I think Wenger has to get a defensive minder for Fabregas. Now what a player Fabregas is. For one so young he is just pure class.

I hope Spurs have a good season. Alot depends on Woodgate and King. If fit and playing regularly they could be the best central pairing in the country. The problem for me with Spurs is that he has made alot of changes. Can they gel very quickly especially if there are a number of Eastern block players? Ramos does seem like a good manager though.

dodger

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 13:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 40 in Discussion

Hi All,

I think the premiership has become very stale now,with only four teams having a realistic chance of winning it.Liverpool, Man u,Chelsea or Arsenal.Its time that the whole structure of our great game was looked at.Two many foreign players now ply their trade in the top league which is having a disastrous effect on our national team.Time to limit the amount of over seas players in the game.What Wenger has done at Arsenal is an absolute disgrace.I would also be in favour of a salary cap in the Premiership,

Paul.

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 13:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 40 in Discussion

Interesting point Paul about Wenger. If every manager operated the way he has then there would be no English players in the Premiership. I can't understand why he let Bentley go. He must have seen his potential. Mind you he is shrewd. He has got 5 million from the selling of Bentley from Blackburn to Spurs.

Overall I am not sure that having so many foreign Premiership players has harmed our game. Playes respond to having quality players around them and have to raise their game. The problem in English football is at the youth level. There is just not enough talent coming through. We have to learn from the Dutch. What's their population? 7 million. Yet they could have produced two teams in the European championships.

Saying that I think Ronaldo has stunted Rooneys growth at United.

simma

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 14:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 40 in Discussion

Sunderland for the treble. Kenwyn Jones player of the year. Newcastle and boro relegated on 2 points £10 bet Odds 1,0000000000000-1. Simma multi milionare retires to nc. lol.

newlad

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 15:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 40 in Discussion

Mark,

Not sure what you mean about Wenger letting Bentley go as he is not the manager of Blackburn.Less foreginers has got to be the way forward though.To many good young players will not get a chance in the top teams and end up playing in lower league football.The game is now over inflated and if we dont watch it we could end up having the same problems as they did in the italian league.Its all about players agents now unfortunateley,

Paul.

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 40 in Discussion

Saying that I think Ronaldo has stunted Rooneys growth at United "quote"

think rooney being playing more of a team game ,winning the ball setting up and attacking from midfield and deep ,he also defends right from attack.

play rooney back in his trusting position and united dont keep ball and attack as well .

sell the slave before rooney slaps him next season lol

kav

ukturk

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 17:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 40 in Discussion

hi guys

paul what mark means is that wegner let bentley go to blackburn because he come thru the youth ranks at arsenal but did not manage to get a game cos of lynberg and pires to name a few but belive you me this will come to bite him in the arse cos he is defo a top player with a excellent touch and a good eye for the ball and we will see come oct when we play the gonners in oct

as for rooney any man u fans say that rooney had a good last season must have got blinkers on he suffered at ronaldo's selfish expense wont be to long till he gets shiped out he is a great player but thinks he is bigger than the team and look at the players who think they are bigger than the team stam-heinze-beckham-van nisltroy to name a few im just hoping that berbatov dont sign for man u

its true what a few people are saying about the influx of foreign players this messes up the english national team cos they dont get no matches and the only teams that have a good selection of youthfull english players are spurs and west ham and its mostly these london teams that have got excellent youth academys aswell as charlton - palace - leyton orient - millwall and chelski but they dont get the chance aswell as arsenal cos of their foreign players

regards

ukturk

Dixie Normus

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 17:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 40 in Discussion

What about Sunderland spending all that dosh, got to be looking at a top six place. Roy Keene's putting a compedative side together no doubt a few of the top clubs will be watching their backsides this season.

D.N

ukturk

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 17:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 40 in Discussion

dixie

you are living in cloud cuckoo land mate!!!! lol

you think spending all that money on our rejects (spurs) warrants you a top six place think again lol they wont get regulated but even your new signings are saying they looking at mid table which is not bad for a small north east team!!!! lol only joknig mate

regards

ukturk

p.s hope you channels are ok and you might be lucky to get a few live games of your team on there!!!! lol

newlad

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 40 in Discussion

Mark,Please accept my apologies.Didnt realise that Bentley was ex Arsenal what a talent the lad is and a great signing for the yids.

Erkan,

I also thought Rooney had a poop season and we may have seen the best of him.The lads control leaves alot to be desired and his temperament is certainly questionable.In fact i would go so far to say that Bentley is a more complete player then Rooney.

Dixie,

Great club Sunderland.Top eight maybe for the wearsiders,

Paul.

newlad

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 40 in Discussion

Hi All,

That will be why Wenger let Bentley go then.Because he is English.

cooper

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 40 in Discussion

The team with the most points at the end of the season will win the title ! no ifs or buts.

Cooper

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 21:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 40 in Discussion

Tommy at his best

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 40 in Discussion

No problem Paul. I know Rugby League is your true passion

Wenger doesn't seem comfortable with English players. With the way the market is I think he thinks he can bring in foreign players cheaply and sell English players at overinflated prices. That way he always stay in profit.

ps I totally agree with you about agents. One of my best friends is an agent. I love him to death, but he charges ridiculous sums that I have no idea how he justifies.

newlad

Message Posted:
03/08/2008 17:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 40 in Discussion

Mark,

You move within interesting circles.Rubbing shoulders with secret agents no less,

Paul.

Harold2555

Message Posted:
03/08/2008 21:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 40 in Discussion

I feel the need to defend Arsene and the Gooners

Wenger says simply that when he picks his team he doesn't look at the Passports just the ability. I don't go along with the isea that he doesn't like English players, he just needs to play the best available for Arsenal. That after all is his job, not helping the English game or the national team.

Having said that the arsenal youth and reserve teams have several promising British youngsters and they will make their way into the team in time if they are good enough. Bentley is a good player and was well scholed at Arsenal. He wasn't quite good enough at that early stage to break into the first team but Wenger recognised his potential hence the sell on clause in his move to Blackburn. Arsene wanted him to stay but Bentley was a confident lad who felt he was ready for first team action. Maybe at Blackburn or White Hart Lane but not the Arsenal.

Paul

jock1

Message Posted:
03/08/2008 21:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 40 in Discussion

Paul, Hull didnt do well today against Hearts, was at the game, just the usual pre season game.

jock.

goonerstan

Message Posted:
03/08/2008 21:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 40 in Discussion

arsenal 1 real madrid 0 did you watch manure ? awarsome football at times all bades well for comeing season in wenger we trust

cazim

Message Posted:
03/08/2008 21:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 40 in Discussion

Spurs 3 Dortmund 0

Darren Bent scorded his 9th goal in less that a week and Spurs win the Jubilee Tournament!

cazim

Message Posted:
03/08/2008 21:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 40 in Discussion

Oh, Man Utd to win the title, Spurs will finish 2nd, and, I'm being serious!

Arsenal for 5th or 6th, unless they make some signings, quick!

goonerstan

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 09:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 40 in Discussion

hi cazim, have you been on the wacky baccky again, Spurs to finish2nd u can get treatment you no(LOL)

newlad

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 22:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 40 in Discussion

Jock,

Saw it on setanta we were awful,

Paul.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.