North Cyprus Tourist Board - TalkTalk Broadband
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > TalkTalk Broadband

TalkTalk Broadband

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

suntanman

Message Posted:
01/08/2008 22:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Is anyone out there on Talktalk network?

Are you having problems with your internet connection? I keep getting cut off from the network and need to reload my modem to cure the problem, and am beginning to wonder whether it is my computer or a Network fault. The technical support from Talktalk (India) goes well, until they are unable to establish the fault and end the call.

phylray

Message Posted:
01/08/2008 23:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Have just got Talktalk & so far it is great. No problems & much better than

old network. Recommended by son who also has it. Support on one problem

good, so far.

spook

Message Posted:
01/08/2008 23:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

If this is a recent problem you could try this

Click on START

Click on HELP AND SUPPORT

Click on UNDO CHANGES - SYSTEM RESTORE

You can then choose a date when your system was working correctly ie 14 days ago , this may clear the glics that sometime build up in the system

rtddci

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 02:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

I had similar problems with my Sky broadband with being cut off. Have a look at http://www.skyuser.co.uk which has a load of universal tips and where I managed to find a solution.

Martin

dusterbruce

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 11:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

I have tiscali and keep getting disconnected. When I try to reconnect I get error message saying either incorrect password or no dialtone.

I have to restart to be able to connect again.

gilld

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 11:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Suntanman

We're also with talktalk and have had similar problems...losing connection many times a day, calls cut off when they can't help etc.

Have decidied that problem is always their end although they try to blame it on your computer set up. (don't let them talk you through changing your settings, they mess it up and then say they are not qualified to get you back to your original settings!)

I've come to the conclusion that it happens when they are 'upgrading the lines' - touch wood our connection has been ok for the last month so I would suggest just keep reloading your modem and be patient.

Hope this helps!

rtddci

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

One reason for cut offs is 'noise'. Having looked at the skyuser.co.uk website I changed the face plates on the main telephone socket to one with filter built in and took out the wires that were connected for bell ringing purposes which modern phones don't need. This left just 2 wires connected. That worked for me in UK. Just have usual problem of 4pm onwards when I assume because of kids getting home from school, the system slows down.

Martin

suntanman

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 14:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Just received a new modem from talktalk, the one I was using is now obsolite, so fingers crossed my problem may be solved.

spook, thanks for the tip, I will aslso try that.

ilovemydogs

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 16:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

my dad is on tlk tlak and has had thgis loads of times it is me that ends up doing the phoning. i am glad i know someone else who has had the phone put down on them. i thaught they did it to me because i was thick and they couldn't make me understand or them me. the phone was put down on me twice last week and in the end we had to pay someone to come and sort the modem out as dad had tried to reconfigure it and cocked it up. so £30 out of pocket just because talk talk are crap

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.