North Cyprus Tourist Board - End of the holiday season
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > End of the holiday season

End of the holiday season

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Cyprus Holidays

» Book your North Cyprus Holiday online

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

Lulu14

Message Posted:
12/08/2010 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Can anyone advise me when is the best time to look at property to rent please?

We are looking at moving out for a year in January and understand that summer lets usually end around October sometime. Would this be the best time to view properties for long term lets?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

the butler

Message Posted:
12/08/2010 23:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Lulu14,

I would say that the season ends after the October half term holidays. There are still some holidaymakers around at the beginning of November but not many. The water in the pools is to cold for swimming then.

The butlers wife

jimmyG

Message Posted:
13/08/2010 13:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Lulu - I would contact a few of the estate / rental agents such as North Cove, Donaghy & Beyler etc. Either way I hope you enjoy your 2011 in N.Cyprus.

Lulu14

Message Posted:
13/08/2010 14:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Hi

Thanks for your replies peeps.

I have been in touch with most of the estate agents and they all give me different dates.

I was out there in mid Nov last year and it was very quiet but didn't really want to leave it that late this year to look.

We were also out in August but no chance of looking at property then as they all had tenants.

I'm guessing the last week in Oct is looking the best, given the half term and such and hoepfully find something suitable.

Fingers crossed!

Lulu

Poodledog

Message Posted:
13/08/2010 14:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Lulu

If you are looking for long-term lets, the 'holiday season' doesn't really come into it. I came to view in July 2009 and saw 16 properties, none of which were being used for holiday lets. In fact there's a nice one near me in Karsiyaka available now but only for long lets - check out Korinia and Stringers Estate Agents.

Lulu14

Message Posted:
13/08/2010 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Hi poodledog

I wasn't thinking of holiday lets as such, more the long term ones which I was advised by agents, are usually occupied up until the end of the season as it seemed to be when they become vacant.

Anyway, you were lucky to view 19 properties when you did! We had appointments with a few agents and didn't get to see one; but this was in August.

We are looking closer to Ozankoy/Catalkoy area really and need a 4 bed with a pool and a 2 bed apt close by as my daughter and her family are making to move with us.

I found speaking to the locals was very helpful as they seem to know about property that doesn't get to the agents, but I'm sure we will find something in the end, even if we have to stay in a hotel for a week or so when we arrive!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.