North Cyprus Tourist Board - Fishy Goings On
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Fishy Goings On

Fishy Goings On

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Fishing in North Cyprus

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
13/08/2010 10:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

I know that the state of littering on this side of the island has been done to death but I thought I should share this one.....

I was walking my dogs this morning on the waste ground behind the Paradise Bar next to the new Cratos Hotel. As you walk around the headland there is a path leading down to a rocky 'beach'. I take my dogs down there for a dip in the sea to cool off.

Today when I got to the beach I found that someone had dumped 5 large polystyrene boxes full of rotting flat fish. Judging by the smell and the swarms of flies I can only assume that they have been there for a couple of days. The crates either came straight from a fish supplier or a local fishmongers and were labelled Leroy.

Why the fish could not have been double bagged and disposed of correctly is beyond me, that said, nothing surprises me these days.

Truly disgusting !!!!!

Paul

dandd3

Message Posted:
13/08/2010 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

there moto is why pay money to get rid of it when u can just dump it. they obviously havent realised that this will be the downfall for cyprus if they keep doing this they will loose alot of tourist which is the biggest money make for this island.

insider

Message Posted:
13/08/2010 13:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

I had called Catalkoy belediyesi about an hour ago and reported to cleaning department. As I am not familiar with the area I had explain them where its about and told them to check around the path way goes to sea side from behind the Paradise Bar.

For any one knows the area better tel number is 8244068 for english press 16

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.