North Cyprus Tourist Board - we need information on doctors in north cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > we need information on doctors in north cyprus

we need information on doctors in north cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

clayton

Message Posted:
13/08/2010 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

please could you help me.i am coming to north cyprus with my granchild.hopefully not,but if he was taken ill where would the best place to take him.he will be 15month old at the time.we will be based in bacheli near esentepe.we will have a car so no problem there.and are these places open 7days,and times of opening please.

yours thankfully elaine,

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
13/08/2010 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

If your grandchild was taken ill, during the time he is with you, i would suggest you go straight to a hospital. There are 2 main hospitals, one in Nicosia and one in Girne.

Obviously this would be for something of an emergency...however, when it's a child, it's always an emergency until you are told different.

Perhaps spend a little time figuring out the closest hospital, and the best route...this should cover you, should you ever, god forbid, ever need someone.

Hope this helps

DD

karakum5c

Message Posted:
13/08/2010 20:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

The health service in North Cyprus is excellent especially the hospitals which i have had occassion to use with my own son. The chemists shops are also very good and helpful and are able to provide advice and drugs which you would require to visit a GP in the UK for a prescription.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about. You are safer here than in the UK for healthcare.

clayton

Message Posted:
13/08/2010 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

thanks dd and karakum5c,peace of mind

booitsme

Message Posted:
13/08/2010 21:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

There is also a health centre in Esentepe which has a nurse there 24 hours if you think an ailment isn't serious enough to warrant a hospital visit. She will call the doctor out if necessary or point you in the direction of the hospital if they can't deal with it. They do have all sorts of basic equipment up there anyway and are very friendly. The doctor is there most mornings from 9am and speaks very good english. Fingers crossed you all have a wonderful and healthy holiday

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
13/08/2010 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

I don't think the hospitals will mind if a child is ill...

I have been at Girne hospital waiting for wasp sting treatment (i get nasty allergic reactions) and found myself in line behind folk who have a dose of flu.....also i have witnessed many times, folk who have the runs go to the hospital....

Hospitals here, are considered by a lot of people, the place to go if they are a little bit poorly.

However, if you have a child who is not well....then most people in the line will let you have their place, so no waiting!

DD

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
13/08/2010 21:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

When our children were young and we went abroad for holidays we would always make it a priority on the first day to enquire as to the whereabouts of the nearest Doctor / Hospital.

clayton

Message Posted:
14/08/2010 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

thanks everybody for your help,no1doyen,yes we will do that as well but a bit of informatoin before you get there always helps.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.