North Cyprus Tourist Board - Fab nite at the Roof Top last nite
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Fab nite at the Roof Top last nite

Fab nite at the Roof Top last nite

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all Do It Yourself (DIY) threads posted so far

nigetj

Message Posted:
14/08/2010 12:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

A huge Thank U to The Roof Top Bar for a fantastic night last nite .....My daughter Mollie had a gr8 evening on the kareoke and dancing ...a gr8 crowd ...well done tj

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
14/08/2010 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

It was another wonderful night,real party astmosphere, Thank You for your support.

I think you lot would keep going all night. Brilliant Crowd.

TheBarrel

Message Posted:
14/08/2010 15:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Thank you very much!!

Hope you can make it there next Friday too!!

We've also enjoyed it alot!

LancsLass

Message Posted:
14/08/2010 17:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

We tried the roof top after all we have read on here about it and were very disappointed. Firstly the portions were so small. OK they we very low priced but I would rather pay a little extra and have more. There were 4 of us and we all had different to eat and all thought the same. 2 of the snacks were on the menu with coke included but we had to ask for them and when we asked for the bill we just got told how much it was and didn't get an itemised bill. That I don't find acceptable. Oh and it wasn't busy there were only another couple of people there. Maybe if you want music and no food then maybe it's OK but it's not for me thanks.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
14/08/2010 20:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

ohh well,seems you cant make all happy with what you do!

i think they sell huge portions of lancashire hotpot downth road

why would you want a itemised bill iif each meal was 7tl or 10 tl each,seems pointless!

nigetj

Message Posted:
14/08/2010 23:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

we will be there on friday ...and bringing 6 more friends .....it is fab ...7tl a head and u need it itamised for 4 !!!.......

SEE U ALL THERE

Camli

Message Posted:
14/08/2010 23:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

have to agree with mess 4. I actually feel a bit sorry for the Barrel, as it seems they have set it up as a place to serve quality food downstairs and have a separate bar upsatirs,but it just seemed to be full of brits wanting cheap beer not eating. It could be a great place but I didnt see much food going out and what we had even off the main menu wasnt brilliant and you got the impression standards had gone down already. It dosnt look good either when the bloke cooking the kababs is stood with a fag in his mouth!! just because its cheap dosnt mean its good. shame because when you look at the website it gives a different impression to what it actually is and I dont really think if they are been honest, it is turning into what the owner expected. No tables downstairs at all now, just a load of people on the roof drinking cheap beer.. how long is that going to last??

nigetj

Message Posted:
15/08/2010 01:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

well we had a meal b4 the kareoke ....was fine..and so did all the people sittin around us ...he guy even went and got more tables so as people could sit and eat........u can't please everyone i suppose.........and i dont even drink!!!!

TopTen

Message Posted:
15/08/2010 11:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

We have had there pizza,s and they are great value and really tasty and filling

Sal1262

Message Posted:
15/08/2010 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Sounds like a brilliant place. Can't wait to try it out. I do hope they sell Turkish and Cypriot wines. They are without doubt my favorite. Better than the over priced and over rated imports at some places!!

tarry67

Message Posted:
15/08/2010 13:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Went there last night about 9.30 and the place was very busy unlike most of the other bars in the area. They are doing draught carlsberg at 2.75tl a pint now thats a proper discount.

TheBarrel

Message Posted:
15/08/2010 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Thank you all for the feedback.

We would really appreciate it if you could let us know what exactly wasn't right about the food from the downstairs menu, we are constantly working on improving ourselves.

Reg msg 4. the only small portion that we have on the menu are the chips that are 2TL, made from fresh potatoes. We have asked the staff to notify the clients about the portions when they take the order, if they didn't do so, we are very sorry and will warn them about this. With regards to the other portions I would have to disagree with you as they are quiet big, maybe you could specify which meal left you unhappy? With regards to the cokes, not everyone wants to have them so we just deduct the fizzy drinks from the calculation, and we always have detailed bills usually no one looks at them, as the prices are easy to work out. Taking your suggestion into consideration we will ask the staff to provide each table with a detailed bill, on days when it is not too busy.

TheBarrel

Message Posted:
15/08/2010 14:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Reg msg 7. Could you please specify which meals you have ordered and the day that you went, so we can have a word with the chefs and find out what happened. With regards to the kebabs chef, you are correct that is unacceptable and he will be warned about it. Could you please be more specific as to what you mean by saying: 'I dont really think if they are been honest, it is turning into what the owner expected' we believe that we are being honest and think that what you are saying is a bit too harsh? With regards to the tables downstairs, there are no clients who want to dine downstairs and upstairs all the tables are usually full, so we have provided more tables upstairs so that the clients who come are not left standing and everyone is happy.

TheBarrel

Message Posted:
15/08/2010 15:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

If you would like you can always e-mail us off the board to: info@thebarrel.info

Or give us a call: 0392 444 44 80

It is the best to notify the management at the same moment you have got a complaint or a feedback and if it is reasonable, it will be dealt with straight away. We do work on improvements everyday and are happy to listen to any suggestions.

nigetj, see you there and if there will be quiet a few of you guys, they we would suggest to come a little bit earlier so that we will be able to organize a nice table for you.

TopTen, thank you, hope to see you there soon again.

Sal1262, we do have a few selection of wines including, Angora, Yakut, etc you can see them on the menu here: http://thebarrel.info/barrel/en/

tarry67, yes we had a busy night yesterday and was wonderful seeing all different people. Hope to see you guys there again!

Thank you very much everyone for the great comments and we are looking forward to seeing you at The Barrel Restaurant and The R

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.