North Cyprus Tourist Board - Desperate to get Granddaughters passport from UK to TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Desperate to get Granddaughters passport from UK to TRNC

Desperate to get Granddaughters passport from UK to TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Happy Hussar

Message Posted:
14/08/2010 17:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Our Granddaughters new passport has finally arrived with her Father in Torquay ( it took two months to renew!)

She lives here with us in Catalkoy and he wants her to go over for a holiday before school restarts on 15th Sept.

Anyone coming over here next week? would you be willing to bring over a childs passport?

The father, Robbie would travel to met you at Heathrow and hand over the passport and I would meet you at Ercan or somewhere else if you are coming through Larnaca.

Post it? we have lost far too many items over the years to trust the mail service, even registered items have gone missing!

Tony

tonyandvanessa@hotmail.co.uk

paddywack

Message Posted:
14/08/2010 18:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Got to be someone to help out on this one.

AllyTT

Message Posted:
14/08/2010 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

I'd say the easiest, safest way would be to use FedEx or DHL.. Not sure anyone would want to take the responsibility of carrying such a valuable document.

NanaJan

Message Posted:
14/08/2010 18:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Tony

We should be coming this next week via Heathrow to Larnaca but due to business situations the day keeps getting moved by a day or so but at present it is either Monday or Tuesday. If someone else offers then take their offer with the way our day keeps being moved. Otherwise I will let you know just as soon as we have confirmation of our flights.

We have to do a business meeting in Heathrow first and this is the problem getting people together from the Middle East, America and us from the North of England at one time.

I do not blame you with the post situation because both our passports went missing when we had the Saudi visas put in them and they were posted back to us and they never arrived. That caused us BIG problems because we had to get new passports and then new visas. Not worth the risk.

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
14/08/2010 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

I am travelling Manchester to Larnaca on Sept 3 if its a help.

Yes I know, the times I have preached against flying to the dark side, but when I booked it was impossible to get tickets to Ercan

Happy Hussar

Message Posted:
14/08/2010 19:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks to you all for replying, Someone kindly offered to bring it over on Wed from Bristol. Well done the West Country Folk!!

Tony

berilela

Message Posted:
16/08/2010 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

is it ok to renew a passport in england at address but living here as i need my daughters renewing thought i could only do from here if anyone any info i would be interested to hear and how much was it in uk to renew my daughter is 6 many thanks and i could use my mums address and have nit sent over ???????

Happy Hussar

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 08:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Berilela

Make sure you use the correct application form that you can get from ant UK Post Office. NOT the Consular one that is available here! You or your partner must sign it and have it countersigned ( Your Mum could organise this) Use her address on the form and get her to post it off and receive it back. Then get it brought or sent over here,

It might be quicked to do it the official Consular way through Madrid!!

Best of Luck

Tony

Swany

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 11:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Berilela

As you can see form the thread it can and does work BUT; the other thing you need to consider would be if you had to travel when the application was being processed your daughter would not have a passport and she would be unable to travel. The consulate would not view your predicament in a good light as you have not gone about it the proper way. You will have to effective lie on the form saying your daughters are living in the UK when clearly they are not. The other thing is that they will be here without any valid travel or identification documents (not sure if that is legal but sure someone will be able to advise).

Yes it is much cheaper but not without potential problems. You pays your money you takes your choice.

We got our sons renewed last time he was in the UK for an extended holiday the express service at the post office takes less than two weeks.

berilela

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 22:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

thanks very much for info just one more thing how much was it in uk ,i have english forms someone bought over ,passport expired so cannot go anywhere until done just wanted to make sure it could be done many many thanks again

berilela

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 15:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.