North Cyprus Tourist Board - Any info on this new economical to run aircon Ankara Travel installed
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Any info on this new economical to run aircon Ankara Travel installed

Any info on this new economical to run aircon Ankara Travel installed

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

shel56

Message Posted:
16/08/2010 13:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Hi

Does anyone have information on costs etc of buying these new cheap to run aircons that Ankara Travel are installing in their offices?

If so can you email me on travelbugs22@aol.co.uk

Thanks

the butler

Message Posted:
16/08/2010 16:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Hi shel56,

Do these aircon units look like the normal units ie fitted on the wall with an outside outlet or are they free standing cooling units? If they are the latter, they may be cheaper to run but are absolute rubbish at keeping you cool, all you end up with is damp moist air causing black mould and condensation in your property.

The butlers wife

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
16/08/2010 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

shel56,

I'm not sure what the butlers wife is driving at, but if you want to contact me on:

vaughan@sunnycyprus.net

I will happily discuss a/c with you.

the butler

Message Posted:
16/08/2010 22:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Hi Vaughan,

There are some units on the market that says they are air conditioning units but are only free standing coolers. You put water in them and they are supposed to work the same as an air conditioner but all they do is throw out damp air. They are cheap to run but are just not effective and they cause condensation problems.

The butlers wife

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 06:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

TBW,

Thanks for that.

The units you refer to are known as evaporative coolers and you are right, they are not very efficient. On the other hand they don't use much power, so you get what you pay for.

There is also a health risk with these units and that is of Legionnaires Disease. Stagnant water which is vapourised and breathed in is very dangerous.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.