North Cyprus Tourist Board - TRNC Freedom Rally in Lefkosa
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > TRNC Freedom Rally in Lefkosa

TRNC Freedom Rally in Lefkosa

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Nicosia Cyprus

mozgor

Message Posted:
16/08/2010 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Hi all, me again, we are good to go with the rally in London on 3rd October to protest against the isolation of TRNC and the organisers are in the process of organising a simultaneous one in Lefkosa. I sincerely hope we can expect support from most of you? If you really care about the future of TRNC then please click on the link below which is now in Turkish and English, sign the petition as a minimum and if you're already a member of Facebook, join the group. The tide is changing and changing fast, the Turkish Cypriots and their supporters are at last fighting back and starting to make some noise :o)

http://www.trncfreedom.com/

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
16/08/2010 20:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Hi mozgor,

When the government give me the title deed to the property I paid for in full in 2005 - then I'll be more than happy and willing to support you - until then..................

mozgor

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Sorry to hear about the lack of title deeds :o( However, if the embargoes etc are lifted and TRNC can trade internationally, perhaps situations like yours would not be able to happen so surely supporting change in TRNC is a good thing?

cronos

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 22:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Mozgor....this is not an attack on you personally,or any other TC for that matter,but the embargoes and international isolation of the TRNC have absolutely no bearing at all on the process by which the TRNC govt have actively supported and encouraged the fleecing of property buyers in NC.

I must agree with Tenakatou....if the TRNC want the support of the outside world then they need to support the people who wanted to invest in the TRNC,but were instead defrauded by state sponsored corruption.

mozgor

Message Posted:
29/08/2010 01:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

@ Cronos - hi I wasn't meaning to imply that the embargoes were anything to do with any corruption in TRNC? My point was that if you're not happy with the status quo then perhaps freedom from the embargoes would bring about change, increase income into TRNC and get rid of the corruption, well at least as much as any other country.

In my humble opinion, to sit back, complain, but do nothing to fight the current situation helps nobody. After all we at least made the choice to live in TRNC, the Turkish Cypriots didn't have that luxury, but they have been persicuted for decades and isolated from the rest of the world - surely you can see past your own interests and fight for what's right?

cronos

Message Posted:
29/08/2010 01:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Mozgor.....I hear what you are saying and wish you well with your campaign.

However,I will not offer support to prop up the current TRNC regime.

The corruption and discrimination in the TRNC is nothing at all to do with embargoes and isolation.

It is to do with greed and abuse of power.

And your statement "surely you can see past your own interests" really did make me smile.

The TRNC govt is all about self interest !

proger1

Message Posted:
29/08/2010 01:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

mozgor, I am glad to say that not everyone feels the same as cronos and Tenakoutou (I am not having a go at you guys either, I appreciate the situation you are in and might well do the same thing were I in your shoes) I have yet to be confirmed if I am travelling on the 3rd or 4th of October so I am not sure yet whether I can attend or not. I hope there will be a positive turn out at both rallies.

cronos. nobody will know for sure until it happens but if the TRNC government does become internationally recognised then they might not be able to be so corrupt and no longer operate only in self interest, perhaps that will not happen but I doubt that it will help your situation in an immediate way.

The way I see it, this might cause some changes for the benefit of the international community, sitting back and doing nothing will change nothing but as mentioned, that is how I see it.

I wish you and the others in your predicament the best possible and expedient outcome.

Paul

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
29/08/2010 08:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

With all the adverse publicity and the shocking reputation that TRNC is increasingly earning itself through, as cronos says, 'state sponsored' corruption aimed at defrauding and discriminating against foreign property owners, I am surprised that you would want to draw further attention to the 'plight' of the TRNC.

And, actually, I would be further surprised if your TRNC 'powers that be', cocooned in their comfy 'status quo', will thank you for doing so - rather the opposite, I suspect!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.