North Cyprus Tourist Board - Bringing pets to North Cyprus from Saudi Arabia
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Bringing pets to North Cyprus from Saudi Arabia

Bringing pets to North Cyprus from Saudi Arabia

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

RTgirl

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 09:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

I am in the process of trying to find a way to bring my 2 cats with me to Cyprus, hopefully in the not too distant future. I had planned to come via the UK with CTA, but now they have gone belly up I am stuck as to which airline I can use. The vet at the quarantine place told me to avoid Istanbul "at all costs", his words not mine, and from what I have read he's right on that score. Has anybody come to TRNC from the Middle East with pets?? I will be traveling alone so the less hassle I have to go through with the two boys the better. I have got my industrial strength valium already ordered....!! Any sensible suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Krin52

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 10:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Mary, we brought our boxer from Saudi back in June 2006, with Turkish Airlines through Istanbul - including an 8 hour layover in Istanbul where they let us have him out! We didn't think there were any problems (apart from him having to go into quarantine back in those days) but that IS 4 years ago and a lot could have changed! Good luck!

And do get in touch once you're here!

RTgirl

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 11:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Thanks for the reply. The reason the vet told me to avoid Istanbul was because there are apparently no facilities and as the boys will be in their travel boxes, with no chance of a leg stretch, for the best part of 20 hours altogether, he said not to do it. Of course if those south of the border stopped refusing to allow animals to cross to the north I'd be able to leave Saudi and be at home in approximately 10 hours, no flight change, nothing, would be so much easier. One day it will happen, no doubt after I've circumnavigated the globe to get to TRNC!

I shall indeed be in touch when I land.

iceman

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 12:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

"if those south of the border stopped refusing to allow animals to cross to the north"

Who told you those to the south of the border do not allow animals to cross to the north?

No such thing.....they couldn't care less who or what crosses to the north.

Its the other way round that they are strict and coming from non EU country (third country), that's where your problem is..

Entering ROC areas with a live animal is controlled by EU regulations and unless you are coming from an EU country with all the correct documents you will be subjected to necessary procedures.

you can read all about it here >>>

http://www.moa.gov.cy/moa/vs/vs.nsf/vs07_en/vs07_en?OpenDocument

TrulyBlonde

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 13:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

You won't find any problems bringing an animal south to north - just the other way round as I have found when looking at taking my lab to UK.

RTgirl

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 15:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

"Who told you those to the south of the border do not allow animals to cross to the north?"

I spoke to the Animal Health and Welfare Division and they themselves told me that no matter where the animal was coming from and what paperwork I had, they would not be allowed to cross the border. What else can I do except believe what I am told. Can hardly turn up with the boys and see what happens.... As for coming from a "third country", the paperwork I have will allow them into the UK which is part of the EU, they can even go to the Netherlands on the same paperwork, again EU. Flaming animals.... Next time I'll stick to goldfish! More enquiries will be made.

Good luck TrulyBlonde in your quest to get your lab out!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.