North Cyprus Tourist Board - universal bank next to starling lapta
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > universal bank next to starling lapta

universal bank next to starling lapta

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Lapta town

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

onlyme

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 12:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

on monday my partner used the cash point at this bank ,went through the usual system and the machine said take your money ,but no cash came out ,we asked for assistance and the manager said where is your receipt,we explained we didnt need one ,when he went out of his tree telling us it wont work unless you have a receipt ,now ,i know this is a porky pie,then he said put it in again ,i told him that tyhis would mean the bank in the uk would be debited twice his answer was .no prtoblem.so in went the card again while he watched ,we pressed the button for a receipt ,,no money and no receipt tne manager then wanted all sorts of documents and will not give her the money untill he has seen a uk bank statement even tho it was on a visa card and the ok given on the transaction please tell me ,is this normal or is there somebody we could go to

Whistler

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 12:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

I had the same problem at Karaoglanoglu on a Sunday morning and I must say I had a good result

i.e. I phoned the number on the ticket and someone was with me within 10 minutes. Spoke good English told me to come back tomorrow after they`d checked the machine and I got my money back no problem.

However, the branch at Alsancak leaves a lot to be desired. We have our accounts with Universal and every month go to get the book made up at Alsancak because it`s nearer, and for the last two months, what should be a simple transaction, ie

make the book up and take some money out, has turned into a nightmare with me wanting to commit

suicide. He does it in such a roundabout way that your head is spinning. Have vowed only to use Karaoglanoglu in future.

breezyboy

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Try Creditwest or Garanti. They have a better attitude and both have online banking.

If this is the way their manager behaves then Universal do not deserve the business.

britvic

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Same problem for me no cash and no receipt, when I got home and went to the bank I was told I must inform the bank when going abroad, no money had been taken from my account.

Vicki

gates

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

if no money comes out you will not be debited this has happened to me here and uk also if you go to a diferent branch out here any bank it takes ages as they have to transfer the money to each branch universal is a good bank give good intrest and also have helped me on many ocation with transfers witch most of the time has been done wrong in uk as they dont understand the 2 bank thing so all as bad as each other i have had more probs in the uk hsbc with moneyu going missing paying some body elses mortage and car payments and dont forget it is now ramadan so twice as long even the first day

britvic

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 16:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Crikey message 5, I didn't take a breath reading that!

ang1706

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 16:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

I had a similiar event when withdrawing cash from HSBC in Girne.

I asked for £300 and was given £150

I had a receipt saying operation cancelled and went inside the next day brandishing my receipt. I was told to contact my bank in UK !!. I thought WHAT!!

Contacted bank by letter and sent receipt,Bank replied with a copy of a claim form already filled out and about 3 weeks later I was credited the said missing amount!

So with the Bank Of Scotland the system works!

gates

Message Posted:
17/08/2010 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

i am a builder as you know been your place and gave you advice grammer is not my fortay but i tell the truth un like others on here

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.