North Cyprus Tourist Board - Legal help needed on TRNC courts!!!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Legal help needed on TRNC courts!!!

Legal help needed on TRNC courts!!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

mercs

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 00:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

After a year of trying to reclaim my money that Santa Fe are refusing to pay me (they sold my property and just decided to not pay it onto me!) I have now hit a major problem. It's gone to court and the judge has asked for me to prove that Santa Fe were dealing through a now defunct British estate agent called First Homes Worldwide (trading in Guildford). As the firm doesn't exist it seems I've hit an empasse and I don't know what to do. Is this a major problem and if so why wasn't i advised upon this a year ago when i put through my claim and went through a multitude of legal routes?

surely if i have the deeds, i have thousands of documents showing ownership and they've sold it, why would it matter if they were operating through a third party, surely they still can't sell the property on me and keep the funds???

Lilli

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 00:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

you need to contact marion at the HPBG here soon, this cant be right. hang onto the deeds as the property is worth nothing without, good luck xx

mercs

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 00:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

sorry, who's marion? have you got someone i can contact (email preferably as i'm leaving the country on business tomorrow). i really am a wreck due to this as i've lost close to £100,000 and it seems the law is designed to protect companies like Santa Fe. i mean surely someone can't just sell your home and keep the lot???

mercs

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 01:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

sorry Lilli, I really don't mean to be pushy as this has reared it's head at the worse time for me. if you do know someone who can genuinely help and try to sort this mess out, please email me. i've got to start heading off to the airport, but not sure what sort of trip i'm going to have with this praying on my mind...

my email is kris.carters@yahoo.co.uk and ANY advise or leads would be fantastic as this is really sickening as i'm sure you can imagine...

littleme

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 01:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

http://hbpg-trnc.net Try this Home Buyers Pressure group. you should find many answers to your legal questins etc. very helpful

keithcaley

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 09:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

mercs,

Did you transfer the Kochan (title deed) that was in your name to the name of the person who was buying the house?

Or is it still in your name?

(Regular readers will know where I'm going with this!)

Lilli

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 10:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

hi mercs i can understand your fears, HPBG, someone has posted the web page address for you 00 90 (0)533 876 3780.That is the current number listed for Marion Stokes (0)392 611 1127 good luck x

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 10:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

As a Kiwi, I haven't a clue as to what goes on in UK - but wouldn't your UK Inland Revenue Dept./VAT Office have some record of this now defunct estate agent?

Surely, the individuals running the company can be contacted somehow - someone must know them..........

Have you been in touch with the purchasers?

Did you give 'Power of Attorney' to Santa Fe, or this outfit in Guildford?

The Land Registry [Tapu Office in the Girne Court buildings] should be contacted to check whether, or not, the Stamp Duty has been paid, and by who.

Bradus

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 20:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Mercs,

You only have to Google First Homes Worldwide and all sorts of information comes up including VAT and registration numbers.

What bearing does who you bought the house from have on this case? You need to ask the new purchasers who they bought the property from and then you can check information at land registry. Have you still got title deeds? Your name on electricity? If so surely you are the legal owner. To sell property you would have needed to deregister the property from your name to the buyers and sign a sales contract. Unless you gave power of attorney to your advocate and then they have your permission to do all this on your behalf.

Who is your advocate? HBPG are your best bet.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Mercs,

See Permission to Purchase thread.. Same problem, same shite!!

wynyardman

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.