North Cyprus Tourist Board - Patina Restaurant in Ozankoy....Not a good night
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Patina Restaurant in Ozankoy....Not a good night

Patina Restaurant in Ozankoy....Not a good night

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

» Kyrenia Restaurants

» Famagusta Restaurants

Mr Vince

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 14:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 33 in Discussion

Last night we took friends from Larnaca to Patina for a nice night out. Their advert for a summer arty night with music and belly dancing and a fixed menu was enticing. Whoops, what a mistake we made. The service was appaling from the momment we arrived to the moment we were forced to leave. The food was probably cooked sometime last Thursday and was sent back uneaten and the staff were completely unattentive and ran arround as if they had had their heads removed. We complained about the bill and accepted a discount for the poor food and paid the bill using Euros. The exchange rate agreed and the correct figure tendered. The manager not happy with the calculations and demanded more money. When we argued that his staff had agreed the exchange rate and that we were completely dissatisfied with the Patina, he threw all of our money at us and told us to leave. Do your self a favour and avoid this place.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 14:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 33 in Discussion

Mr Vince.

ive only ever been there on a sunday a few times.

i thought service was very good considering the amount of customers they had and the food was of a good standard.

Such a pity you did not have my experiences of eating there.

Could it of been a off night!

Was the place very busy?

Even so,if all you say is true,no matter how busy there should be no excuses i suppose!

jeffsangrace

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 33 in Discussion

Mr Vince we had a similar experience a couple of years ago ie bad service, bad attitude and a low low exchange rate when paying with sterling - not been since.

CJtill

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 33 in Discussion

We went last week and the food\service was brilliant. We did not go on a so called theme night as we are not too keen on music while you eat.

A bit of a tip when you are eating in TRNC restraunts.........always pay in Lira.

Would also suggest if you are eating in the South always pay in Euros....it cuts out the hassle factor.

Will be returning again next week, though we will make sure there is no entertainment on offer.

Michael

carian

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 15:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 33 in Discussion

We took our family there 3 weeks ago to celebrate the last night of their holiday. We asked for the set menu and were told they no longer did it,when I mentioned that it was still advertised in the local paper, they told us it wasn't. Anyway, we just paid for our drinks and left as there was nothing onb the main menu that my son wanted.

How short-sighted of them, there were 5 of us, so we would have spent well over 250tl and my daughter-in-law was going to tell one of her work colleagues, who is coming here on holiday, to visit. So more revenue lost.

When we got home Patina's advert in Cyprus Today clearly stated the set menu was available everyday and has been advertised every Saturday since.

Panchocat

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 16:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 33 in Discussion

Time for input from Patina here I think!

Personally we have always had great food and service there so it would be a shame if they went downhill.

Come on Patina is the set menu still available or not?

jock1

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 16:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 33 in Discussion

pleanty of other places to go, i have had a few so called bad nights here, the long and the short of it is...dont go back..

essexgirl

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 33 in Discussion

We had a disappointing evening there last time we were in North Cyprus -and it was a very quiet weekday evening too. Food presented nicely, but not very tasty and the service was rather disinterested. We will not be going back as, as others have mentioned, there are plenty of other restaurants that offfer much better value for momey and make you more welcome. Maybe they have gotten too big for their boots?

Chicken

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 16:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 33 in Discussion

9 of us had Sunday lunch there on the 15th August and it was fantastic, the place was very busy, yet the service and food was spot on. We live here and took our friends who all thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Can never fault the place and certainly is the place to go for something that bit special. Always the tops. A shame you didn't feel the same.

Chicken

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 16:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 33 in Discussion

9 of us had Sunday lunch there on the 15th August and it was fantastic, the place was very busy, yet the service and food was spot on. We live here and took our friends who all thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Can never fault the place and certainly is the place to go for something that bit special. Always the tops. A shame you didn't feel the same.

Marisa

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 33 in Discussion

Our last experience in Patina - a month ago for Sunday lunch -was disappointing.

Poor quality food .

Perhaps because it was cheap ?

When we complained the manager simply shrugged his shoulders.

david9

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 17:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 33 in Discussion

Hi

There were 8 of us their last night, food absolutely excellent as was the service --- still our favourite restaurant here in NC.

Also not a lover of live music when you are eating but the Gipsy Brothers last night were superb and not loud and complimented the beautiful back drop.

Again full marks Patina!!

summer

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 18:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 33 in Discussion

Had an excellent lunch there last Sunday. There was 11 of us and the food and service as usual was exceptional!!!! well done Patina

brother444

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 33 in Discussion

everything is perfect.

patina restaurant is very good for my family.

patinacyprus

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 19:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 33 in Discussion

In reply to the gentleman who posted the first comment, I would like to say on behalf of Patina that the party was offered a large discount for the meals that they complained about and this was accepted by them. They then asked to pay in Euros and tried to give us small coinage which we are unable to use or exchange at banks. We said that it did not matter if the bill was paid in a mix of Lira and Euro but when they paid it was short of the agreed bill. I went to the table and explained but was given abuse and the party then refused to pay for any of their bill for food and drinks and said it should be free of charge.

We try our very best at Patina to give people an enjoyable experience and to deal with any complaints with tact and politeness. It is not easy to deal with unpleasantness and the table were given their money back - it was NOT thrown at them - that is not my behaviour towards my customers.

Thankyou to the positive posts it means a great deal to us at Patina.

patinacyprus

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 19:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 33 in Discussion

Dear Carian

In reply to your post we had stopped the set menu but unfortuately the amended advert appearing in the paper was not printed.

However due to popular request we have re-instated the set menu and would like to invite your party again - the first drink is on us.

Patina Restaurant

patinacyprus

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 33 in Discussion

Dear Carian

In reply to your post we had stopped the set menu but unfortuately the amended advert appearing in the paper was not printed.

However due to popular request we have re-instated the set menu and would like to invite your party again - the first drink is on us.

Patina Restaurant

soozysoo

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 33 in Discussion

Had my Birthday party at Patina last night and had a wonderful time. Table of 8, service and food lovely as always and Gypsy Brothers were fantastic.

Considering how busy they were getting i guess 100+ covers out at the same time I thought they did extremely well.

Remains my favourite restaurant

Mr Vince

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 33 in Discussion

Patina Cyprus

My friends from Larnaca did in fact pay your bill using a combination of Euros and Lira. We were surprised that they insisted on paying as it was to be our treat. Your staff gave the bill and advised us as to the exchange rate from Euro to Lira you wanted. We paid what was asked for by YOUR staff. A discount of 10% was accepted by us for the unedable food, and we paid in full only to have you return to our table and ask for more. We advised that we were not happy but had paid the equivalent of 175TL. You then lost your cool and threw the money at my friend and shouted that we should have our meal for free. You lost your temper and threw your teddy out of your pram.

At no time did we say that we wanted our food for free. WE PAID YOUR STAFF THE AGREED AMOUNT BUT YOU CAME BACK FOR MORE DESPITE US PAYING WHAT YOUR STAFF ADVISED.

patinacyprus

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 33 in Discussion

It is not our policy to shout at customers and responded to your post only so that others have a balanced view of events.

It is unfortunate that occasionally it is impossible to do or say anything that will satisfy.

Again I thank our many regular and happy customers for their kind and supportive comments both on Cyprus44 and those who phone and text, we look forward to seeing you all soon.

Washerman

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 21:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 33 in Discussion

Unfortunately, some use this organ to vent their anger when they don't get their own way but, I hope you didn't shout at them and throw their money back at them.

scruff

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 23:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Orhan

I do have a complaint to make, but not about the restaurant as such, since I have yet to eat there. About 2 weeks ago, I tried to acess the Patina website, to check out the menu before booking. The website consists of the home page only. None of the other pages work at all. Not even a conatct phone number. I called into patina in person & reported this to a member of your staff. He assured me that this would be passed on. I commented that it could not be good for your business, especially outside the tourist season & he agreed. One week later the website was still just the same, so I emailed you at info@patina.com which is the email address showing on your ad on this site. Still no response.

You may think this is a minor issue, but bad communication cannot be a good start to any subsequent booking made with a restaurant.

Is this up to your usual standards? I understand that the patina restaurants are part of the Oscar Group & as such I would expect a better service

contd.

scruff

Message Posted:
18/08/2010 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 33 in Discussion

Just so that you & others can see what I mean, here is the link to the patina restaurant (Ozankoy) homepage

http://www.patinacyprus.com/site/en/main.php?action=home

PS. The website is equally flawed in the Turkish version as well.

I will await your comments with interest.

There are a great number of differing views about the restaurant, the food & the service.

Despite your replies, I am not conviced. There's an old saying in English. 'There's no smoke without fire'.

andrew4232

Message Posted:
19/08/2010 01:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 33 in Discussion

not been so cannot comment

mikea11

Message Posted:
19/08/2010 07:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 33 in Discussion

Been a few times. Would not say it is one of our favorites (personal choice) Definatly better food elseware. As for the Gipsy Brothers. Bloody racket. We live not far away. Even kept the dogs awake. Best laugh recently was at ERROLS. Watching Mrs Eroll trying to be her new friendly self through gritted teeth. Nah dont work. Especially if you point out to her the mustard in the Colemans pot is not Colemans but some cheap burger version.

steveafc

Message Posted:
19/08/2010 07:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 33 in Discussion

why on earth are you posting this on here?

as you can see this establishment has happy clients and not so happy clients.........if you really are upset with the manager i suggest you go back there and sort it out with him.

patinacyprus

Message Posted:
19/08/2010 13:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Scruff

Regarding your post about the website, you are quite correct about it not working at the present time. We have a website company currently updating the information and pictures etc and although we were promised it would be up and running by now I am afraid we are still waiting. But... coming soon!

If you would like a menu or would like to get in touch with me please call me on 0533 838 0626 and I will be happy to drop a menu to you.

melek1

Message Posted:
19/08/2010 13:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 33 in Discussion

I had a wonderful evening at Patinas on their party night. the service and food was excellent as usual. The staff coped exceptionally well with the amount of people there. Patina is my favourite restaurant in the TRNC. Well done Patina.

scruff

Message Posted:
19/08/2010 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 33 in Discussion

msg 27

Thanks for the response Orhan. I have now sent you an email as discussed on the phone.

mealy

Message Posted:
19/08/2010 23:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 33 in Discussion

eaten in patina many times ,found service,staff and quality excellent,probably one of the best restaurants in the area.

rowlo

Message Posted:
20/08/2010 00:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 33 in Discussion

original poster sounds like another big shot free loader ,trying to impress his gc mates ,you wined and dined for free , you could have chosen any restraunt ? and i would bet the post would be the same only the name of the restraunt would change , well done orhan for exposing this person for the fool he really is , i hope hes not british ?

gazmufc78

Message Posted:
20/08/2010 09:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 33 in Discussion

wen't with friends and family last summer and my sister said that it was the highlight of her holiday and was by far the best meal out considering the setting service and all. I don't think that you can judge a place by a couple of adverse comments as some customers have given glowing report of their visit on the same evening.

Can't please everyone all the time " nowt so queer as folk" but everyone deseres to be treated with respect and good manners, and this goes both ways.

rocky

Message Posted:
20/08/2010 09:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 33 in Discussion

re message 19 I have known restuarants to ask for money if one of their staff may have made a mistake with the calculator and the exchange rate. Being very reasonable I would check their figures and the exchange rate and do my own calculation. If they had made a genuine mistake I would pay the extra. I guess some people may insisit on the lower amount probably hoping to get away with it knowing full well they have underpaid. There are always two sides to a story.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.