North Cyprus Tourist Board - help needed with dog
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > help needed with dog

help needed with dog

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

berilela

Message Posted:
20/08/2010 18:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

could some one please help ive a dog who unfortunatly likes the taste of my chickens shes a beautiful dog with other dogs and children but just wont leave the chickens alone we have tried every thing even tying her up which im against shes very much like the dog that in cyprus today that just been homed by kar .shes 1 yr old ,bitch, spayed wormed and all injections done ,i love this dog but am at my wits end there my husbands chickens please no nasty comments on this thank.s

berilela

Message Posted:
20/08/2010 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

forgot to say she would be a lovely dog for someone with or without another dog ,children etc just not chickens

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
20/08/2010 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

I'm confused (quite easy for me) do want advice in finding a solution in how to train your dog to leave the chickens alone, or do you want to rehome it?

DD

Fawsley

Message Posted:
20/08/2010 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

we have used a can of compressed air. Each time the dog something wrong the sound of the release of the air stops it in its tracks. Not sure if you can buy in NC.

PS don't point the air at the dog (and no comments from anyone on where else to put it!)

Now just picking up the can stops any unwanted behaviour.

waddo

Message Posted:
20/08/2010 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

My dog used to go for the chickens as well (german pointer) but then the cockeral took a dislike to the dog - now all is peace and happiness - so long as Rocky the cockeral is about!

Have you just got chickens on their own? Maybe the dog needs to learn a sharp and short lesson!

berilela

Message Posted:
20/08/2010 20:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

ive tried every thing she just wont leave them alone so im trying to re home as i said before shes lovely in every other way my tc hubby had enough told him to get rid of chickens but that was a no no im desperate and really dont like situation this has been going on for mths not just days ive even put her in kennel but she was so unhappy as was i

berilela

Message Posted:
20/08/2010 20:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

waddo my hubby has cockrels and they go for the dog but she still goes back at them shes a pointer / hairy monster see pic in ad for champion dog thread its such a shame as i know she would be ideal dog if not for the chickens

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
20/08/2010 20:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

If you seriously want to keep her, then it's time for some serious training....you can google all sorts of techniques, especially from Cesar Milan, the dog whisperer...a personal hero of mine. I know for sure, if i was to have chickens, they would definitely not last long...but i can't bear the blighters, unless they are served cooked on my plate, so i don't have that issue.....

Maybe even investing in some cheap chain link fencing to separate them might be an idea...until you have some training done?

But if you've simply had enough, then you need to get some pictures or videos up so that folk can see her, and find her a new home.

DD

berilela

Message Posted:
20/08/2010 20:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

they are all well fenced in but she finds any way to get to them ,ive no taken my decision to not get rid but to re home her i was a rspca inspector in uk so have dealings of all dogs but never one like her short of keeping her locked in a kennel which i dont want to do i feel best to let her go to some kind person that doesnt have chickens its her or the hubby that stays joke there im sure thanks for all your help

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.