North Cyprus Tourist Board - Places to eat/drink/go/buy things - In North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Places to eat/drink/go/buy things - In North Cyprus

Places to eat/drink/go/buy things - In North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

waddo

Message Posted:
23/08/2010 12:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Lived here permanent for over three years now but been visiting since 2000. I notice all the comments about - a great lunch at .... a magic breakfast at ..... super curry at ..... free drinks at ..... for car repairs visit B&S at..... etc, etc. All good stuff and well worth posting.

However...........

Where is ........ ?

Is it in Girne, east of Girne, west of Girne etc, etc. It would be most helpful to all readers if some "global" directions were given, i.e. Had a great Sunday Lunch at Freds Place in Edrimit just past the round about with the fountain on it!

This can carry over to - "For good fast service on your aircon, visit Bodgit and Scarper in Karakum on the left hand side of China Bazzar as you stand in the car park.

Great board, lots of great ideas but we can all make it a little better with a little more thought/effort. Just a thought!

Have a great day - @ ........ (wherever you are!)

waddo

Message Posted:
23/08/2010 20:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Glad to see that at least 82 people either know where everything is or could care less about it. Guess that I must be the only person who looks at this board and wonders where the places are that people rave over - must get out more!

proger1

Message Posted:
23/08/2010 20:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

waddo, I spent quite some time putting together a website with exactly that idea in mind around the time that every one was complaining about the restaurants continual posts, some seemed to like the idea for about 3 days and then it fell to the way side.

I came to the conclusion that people would rather put everything on one website and then either complain or just accept others complaints that it is too busy.

Paul

waddo

Message Posted:
23/08/2010 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Paul, Many thanks for trying - I know from bitter experiance that it is a thankless task trying to help people that see no need for help, we used to call it "Insularitess" in the military (the ability to see no further than the end of the famous sentance - I'm all right Jack). Worth a try through, must just stick to insults at least you get replies from them. LOL.

proger1

Message Posted:
23/08/2010 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

I have many recollections of the I'm allright Jack syndrome, maybe it is just us ex-toms that realise there is a better way.

I do still intend to go ahead with the site but need to wait for a few weeks and by then it probably won't be quite so needed until the next tourist season.

I am pretty much doing it myself and have no issue with that, I am OK with the East side aof Kyrenia and I have some help for some of the West side. The problem is I am in exactly the boat you have mentioned, I need people to tell me where things are so that I can go and take pictures, get GPS co-ordinates and ask the proprieters for contact info and even itemised information from ewhat they supply. It could turn into a huge project if I let it but I need the locations first.

Rogerd

Message Posted:
23/08/2010 21:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

proger1 sounds like a great idea. We originally lived in Esentepe and moved to Kyrenia to be more in the thick of things, but even now we are not always sure where things are. its always easier if you no people who have been there and go with them or as you say get more detailed information. Good luck with the site.

proger1

Message Posted:
23/08/2010 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

thanks Roger, I will try to get something basic put together by the end of September but family commitments will always come first.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.