North Cyprus Tourist Board - Double glazed door problem
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Double glazed door problem

Double glazed door problem

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all Do It Yourself (DIY) threads posted so far

birdy

Message Posted:
25/08/2010 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Can anyone tell me where I can get my double glazed sliding door fixed the seal has gone and the condensation has dried it looks awful.

deputydawg

Message Posted:
26/08/2010 01:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Birdy, if your sliding door is alluminium you may incur a problem which I had that being that there are numerous types in TRNC made by different manufacturers and most alluminium shops cater for only one particular brand. It can be a nightmare finding the right one. Hopefully if the problem is only rubber seals most of the shops will be able to help you. Not sure where you live but the alluminium shop on the coastal road just past the Golden Lady in Alsancak, travelling towards Lapta was very helpful for little money. (in parade of shops on left next to "British Cafe"). If you do end up with a runaround because you need specific brackets or the like, the main wholesaler for the trade who stock many parts for many brands is situated on the Lefkosa to Famagusta Road a little before the last static speed cameras before the turning off to Ercan. Hope you get it fixed easily and with little cost.

wanderer

Message Posted:
26/08/2010 01:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Birdy proline did mine same day excellent service replacement unit fitted in the door frame

birdy

Message Posted:
26/08/2010 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks for replys, but is there someone out there who will come to catalkoy area (mobile) as the size and leaving the villa with no door my luck I wouldnt have no contents left.

am I the only one with shit windows.

deputydawg

Message Posted:
26/08/2010 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Birdy, they all seem to be shit and the two pieces of double glass together are not as thick as a standard single pane in UK. Regret I have no experience of using glaziers or alluminium workers in Catalkoy area but hope somebody can put you on the right track soon. Meantime, stay in your pool !

wanderer

Message Posted:
26/08/2010 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Birdy 05428813733ask for Meryem speaks good English they are out Lapta way but cover catalkoy I'm not to far away from you replaced the unit 12 months ago no problems taken away and sorted in the day

birdy

Message Posted:
26/08/2010 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

thanks wanderer I will try him.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.