North Cyprus Tourist Board - People living in Northern Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > People living in Northern Cyprus

People living in Northern Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

offins

Message Posted:
28/08/2010 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Why did all the complainers leave the UK(apart from the weather). If the UK Goverment took more interest in who they letting into the Uk, things may have turned out better. People who moaned about the Uk, were told if they did not like our ways, then go back home. I for one do not mind the form filling and respecting their ways.

cronos

Message Posted:
28/08/2010 15:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Offins.....did you leave the UK because of "who they were letting in" ?

Presumably you mean foreigners?

Can you see the irony in your own situation in the TRNC?

I do think you are right though about having to respect the local laws and customs of the country you are moving to.

The problem with the TRNC is that it does not admit to what these "laws" are,and continually moves the goalposts to discriminate against foreign buyers and ex-pats.

offins

Message Posted:
28/08/2010 15:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

I actually leaft the Uk, hopefully for a better way of life, hoefully that is what I will get here. I have met a lot of wonderful people who are Cypriots, English, and mainland turkish. So foreigners do not bother me, just the ones that complain about everythiing. No wonder the Bristish seem to have the title of being complainers.

cronos

Message Posted:
28/08/2010 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Offins.....do you think that people who have paid in full for their "better way of life" in the TRNC and then through no fault of their own are robbed of this, have a right to complain !

Or should they just stop moaning and blame themselves?

I note that you have just moved to TRNC.

Hopefully you will have PTP and title deeds in your name,or maybe you have made the wise decision to rent only?

I sincerely hope that you don't have any problems,but would you have the good grace to come on here in a year or two's time to report on anything that has gone wrong so that other potential victims can be warned?

offins

Message Posted:
28/08/2010 16:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Hi, Cronos, We may have just moved here, but we have been coming here for several years, and we have purchased our villa, and yes we did have a few problems with our developer, who by the way was from Israel. One of the reason we came here because the cost of living in the Uk etc. If you have lived in the Uk recently it has become a welfare state, (not for pensioners may I add.) In the UK Taxes go up and petrol etc the next day even along with the cost of living. I not that rents over here are a lot cheaper than in the UK and Council tax .Is that why a lot of people come here and then find things are not awalys rosier in paradise. When you say people have paid if full and are now being robbed, what do you mean?

Deniz1

Message Posted:
28/08/2010 16:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Msg 3 actually you are the foreigner here so it shouldnt bother you!

offins

Message Posted:
28/08/2010 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Hi, Deniz1,

I know that I am the foreigner and I appreciate being here in Northern Cyprus, so what point are you making!

cronos

Message Posted:
28/08/2010 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Offins....msg 5

I hope you appreciate that none of this is a personal attack against you !

When I referred to people paying in full and being robbed,I was talking about buyers who have paid for their properties,but whilst awaiting PTP and subsequently their title deeds,have discovered that there are mortgages/memoranda lodged against "their" property,and Banks are foreclosing on the debt and auctioning the property,without their knowledge or consent,from under their feet !

Definitely a reason to complain I'm sure you'll agree !.

That's why I asked whether you had yet got PTP and title deeds in your name.

Many people like you started off full of hope in the TRNC.

They moved into their properties,and enjoyed everything the TRNC has to offer...stunning scenery,mountains,coastline,friendly locals,relaxed lifestyle,glorious weather etc etc,only to discover 2 or 3 years later that they have been deceived,and they do not actually "own" the property they have bought and are living

waddo

Message Posted:
28/08/2010 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

offins,

Enjoy life here, it is what you make it and a little effort goes a very long way here. I found that patience came to me by the bucketful once I had been here for a couple of years and lost the urge to fight everything just because that is what I was used to.

Remember that it will here on Monday - but you will never know which Monday that is going to be. Remember to smile everytime you see the sky so blue and feel warm without a heating allowance.

Remember that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

Above all -

Remember why you came and keep at it till it comes true! Good luck to you.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
28/08/2010 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

No point really just you said foreigners didnt bother you.

carollynne

Message Posted:
28/08/2010 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Good post Waddo

offins

Message Posted:
28/08/2010 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Waddo,

That the point I was trying to make, instead of moaning enjoy what we have. But I agree with cronas, that maybe some people have genuine complaints, but take that up with your solicitors etc.

girne 29

Message Posted:
28/08/2010 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

offins

'When you say people have paid if full and are now being robbed, what do you mean? '

Are you taking the p--- did you just start reading this forum, or Cyprus Today, yesterday.One of the biggest threads ever ,is exactly about that.

If I lost my home (auction) had Pre 74 PTP refused , making my property near worthless, had been arrested and detained for stealing a builders property(an old tin of paint) ,I might resent you telling me you dont like me complaining,Wait a couple of years first. Coming to NC a few times and buying a holiday home doesnt qualify you to pass judgement yet on complaining.

I see you only joined this forum 2 weeks ago! At least you had the decency not to come out with the 'they should have done their research like wot I dun' bit

Enough for you to say you came, you liked it in NC,decided to live in NC because it suits you, and hope you will be lucky enough to do that

Your comment about respecting the law etc ! Ask Pauline Reid.

jock1

Message Posted:
29/08/2010 11:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Msg 12,

offins

Message Posted:
29/08/2010 16:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Girne 29.

I have not just boughtn a holiday home, I have moved out here to live because we have friends who have lived out for many years. I understand that some people have had a bad deal. One of the reason we chose Northern Cyprus, was because 2 friends lost their homes in Spain, because of corruption. It goes on round the world. So no I am not taking thr p....

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.