North Cyprus Tourist Board - First announcement for Hobby Gardens
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > First announcement for Hobby Gardens

First announcement for Hobby Gardens

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all Do It Yourself (DIY) threads posted so far

» See all North Cyprus Gardening threads posted so far

Yudu392

Message Posted:
30/08/2010 16:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

we are establishing hobby gardens @ Sinya Family & Country Club in Kucukerenkoy village.

We'll provide gardening tools, irrigation system, and water for your vegetables.

Each plot will be 200m2 and you can share them with your friends to reduce rental cost and labor works.

We are also planning to organize village market once or twice a week, or permanent depending on demand, so you can sell your products there and make some profit if u are a good farmer

Hobby Gardens will be completed by mid November and we'll start renting them from Dec 2010.

There will be limited number of Hobby Gardens, so we'll rent them first comes first serve basis.

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 08:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Sounds like a great idea I just hope there are no theft of the produce!

malsancak

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 08:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

How much is the rent?

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 09:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

If an expat was to rent a plot and then 'sell' the produce, would they not require a 'work permit' ??

Would the plot not be viewed as a 'business' by the government and therefore require all sorts of other 'red tape' ??

Sorry to sound so negative, but in the current climate I doubt that it would be quite as simple as is stated in the initial post.

If just done as a 'hobby' and you were to eat your own produce then maybe this would be acceptable.

Just a thought

Regards

Paul

Yudu392

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 11:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Thank u for your comments,

hi CarrieRBag, there'll be fence at the field border, hope this will prevent theft, if not may be we can set up cctv or something like that.

hi malsancak,

this is the first announcement to aware people who are interested and we'll announce rental prices at the next step, because we have to see the cost of establishing the gardens and running cost.

hi Paul,

you've mentioned about necessity of work permit and we didn't think about that, thank u for warning us. As they will be hobby purposes, what will be the excess products. We shouldn't waste them. we'll ask about how people rent a stall at car boots or festivals and sell something there without work permit. if invoice or some other forms needed, may be we can solve them within our current business.

Our main goal is to make here an active social place. In the long therm if all the members agree may be we can start organic farming here. we'll see.

All positive and negative reviews will be appreciated.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Yudu

I am no expert but was posing the question(s) because I am not sure how the government would interpret a 'hobby' if the person was seen to be making money from this 'hobby'.

Might I suggest that you speak to the relevany 'ministry' to check precisely what can and can't be done.

Best wishes

Paul

the butler

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 14:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Yudu,

I think this is a great idea and we would certainly be interested in a hobby garden. Will you have water on site and is the ground level and free of stones, or would the person who rents a plot need to do all this. Do you have problems with goats in your area?

The butlers wife

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 14:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Oops

My previous post should read 'relevant' ministry.

Paul

the butler

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 16:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Sorry Yudu I realise that you have stated that there will be water available on site.

How much is the rent please?

The butlers wife

Yudu392

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

hi Paul,

I've asked one of my friend in related governmental dept. and he said that we have to speak with local municipality about regulations. As i said before, if there will be any need of invoices we'll solve it within our own business, but i know that some locals are selling vegetables on their car and they pay a fixed yearly tax to municipality. I'll find it out till we establish the gardens. but please note that people are selling goods at stalls either in festivals or car boots without any work permit. ours will not be a big farm and we'll not produce huge amounts of vegetables. Most of them will be consumed for house use and excess will be sold at our "village bazaar" - in fact it will be a selling point within our restaurant land, may be our parking area.

we see this project as a recreational facility within our business ( restaurant and bungalows)

i hope there will not be any problem about this issue.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Yudu

Nice idea and best of luck with it.

Regards

Paul

Yudu392

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

hello butlers wife,

thank u very much for you interest to our ongoing project.

we'll provide water to the plot and we'll also set up irrigation system for u. You'll just plant your vegetables and open valve to water them.

the ground level is okay but the land has stones. we used to grow vegetables here as it is. If u don't like stones so you have to pick them, or we can find someone to do it for you but subject to payment.

there will not be any problem with goats, because there will be fence at the field border.

The other thing is about running the project. we'll prepare a rule list how to use plots and we may need your suggestions about this. The purpose is to get fun and enjoy your days here, everyone should respect each other and everyone has right to get maximum benefit from the project.

We'll announce rental price later.

by the way you may also make bbq days with your friends in your own garden, may be we all come together and enjoy it

the butler

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Yusuf,

Thank you for all the information and it sounds good. We are out in October and will come and see you regarding rental. We move to Cyprus permenantly soon.

The butlers wife

Yudu392

Message Posted:
01/09/2010 15:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

thank u again for your interest The butlers wife,

we hope in October you'll see the hobby gardens will be establishing.

If any other persons are interested with hobby gardens, please come and see the project area. May be we have a cup of coffee together and chat about the running rules.

Regards,

Yusuf

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.