North Cyprus Tourist Board - Prices in Restaurants
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Prices in Restaurants

Prices in Restaurants

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

» Kyrenia Restaurants

» Famagusta Restaurants

keith

Message Posted:
30/08/2010 22:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Do people think some bars and Restaurants are charging to much for meals in the trnc

Keith

andrew4232

Message Posted:
30/08/2010 22:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

it depends on locaion and overheads dont you think

cronos

Message Posted:
30/08/2010 22:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

The question is too subjective.

What do you consider "too much" ?

I personally think that bars and restaurants in TRNC offer excellent value compared to anywhere in the Eurozone.

keith

Message Posted:
30/08/2010 22:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Agree the ? may be subjective but some i feel are pricing themselfs out as at home we can have a pub meal and that is what some are for £30 for 3 with drinks ,

While we where out there most places charge between 28 32 ytl for steak

Better deals can be found at the local rustic bars

Keith

proger1

Message Posted:
30/08/2010 22:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

As I see it Keith there are too many variables to give an easy answer but there are a few things to be considered. If you have a popular restaurant you can reduce prices because of more covers, if you have a property of your own you can reduce prices because no rental, if you have an outside seating area you can reduce costs for AC/lighting and if you can get experienced and competent staff at low cost you can reduce prices. If you have the opposite of all of the above you need to cover it with higher costs, Now don't get me wrong, I have eaten in and paid for much higher costing restaurants than in North Cyprus but the standards were extremely high and of course I got to claim it back on expences, don't tell the wife about the claims thing.

I can honestly say that there are a couple of restaurants that I would not quickly choose to eat in again but that was far more to do with quality and service and very little to do with cost.

Paul

pacman

Message Posted:
30/08/2010 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Fresh from our holiday I found most restaurants to be very reasonable. WE had a party of 6, some nights just 4 and we were generally eating for around 120-180tl including wine or beers. One night we did visit a Chinese on the outskirts of Kyrenia and that was 279tl and I still wasnt full - that was the most expensive and where if anywhere I felt slightly ripped off. Stick to the local ones I would say.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.