North Cyprus Tourist Board - Restaurants - SINYA specials on Saturday 4th Sept
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Restaurants - SINYA specials on Saturday 4th Sept

Restaurants - SINYA specials on Saturday 4th Sept

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

» Kyrenia Restaurants

» Famagusta Restaurants

Yudu392

Message Posted:
30/08/2010 23:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

Our special menus are getting popular in the area, so we decided to serve them on Saturday as full menu. Usually we need min. 4pax to cook these meals but this Saturday you can order individually and taste our specials.

Date = 04 September 2010

Time = 19:30 - 21:30

Starters: cold and hot mezes

Main Courses:

1. Tuzda Levrek = sea bass fish totally covered with salt and baked in oven.

2. Kuzu Incik Firin Kebabi = big piece of lamb meat cooked in oven.

we'll serve main courses with baked potatoes & salad

Dessert:

1. Pumpkin dessert

2. Semolina dessert

coffee or tea

Price = 30 TL

Booking Essential, please indicate choice of meal while booking.

Tel: 0533 8634858 - Yusuf

racoonchic

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 08:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

no offence but the sea bass sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen and your prices are extreme not a bit of wonder the place is always empty .

Yudu392

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 11:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

hmm we have to think about this review, thank u very much racoonchic.

we cook sea bass in salt in a special way and it is not salty as u think. you may also add some salt while eating it.

we charge these prices only for our special menus, and some of our other menu prices including mezes and dessert are as follows;

mixed kebab = 20.00TL, grilled meatballs = 15.00TL, chicken shish kebab = 14.00TL, vegetarian kebab = 14.00TL, grilled or fried sea bass or sea bream = 20.00TL, local meals = 14.00TL - 16.00TL. hope these 3 courses menus are the cheapest around this area.

we always use certificated meat from kib-et and not buy from any illegal way. let us show u our cost of our special lamb menu;

cost of 450 - 480 gr lamb meat is appx. 13.00TL, cost of mezes including sigara borek and fried hellim is about 5.00TL - 6.00TL, cost of dessert is about 2.00TL - 3.00TL. plus coffee or tea and also spices.

You see that only material costs are appx. 20.00TL.

pls go next mssg.

Yudu392

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 12:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

we cook this menu more than 2 hours in oven. what do you think about labor cost and other costs such as electric, office works, permissions, certificated pest control, and hygiene costs.

to be honest we are not earning a lot from this menu but we'll keep it as an advertisement of our business.

you are right we have not much guests, may be we are not good at advertisement. or may be our guests mostly prefer English menus. as a small family business, we are on the market less than a year and we'll provide local meals as an alternative. Every restaurant has its own specials and our goal is being the best local one in the area. we'll always serve healthy products and we care much about hygiene. that is why we are following food security seminars and working with a famous pest control firm.

hope we informed you about your comments and please keep writing about us, both positive and negative. We have to learn much from your reviews.

Thanks,

japeal

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 12:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

Yusef,

Your restaurant does supply lovely food, your menu has improved since you opened and you now offer a good coice of menu. We ate at your restaurant a week ago, lovely hot & cold messe starter followed by mixed kebabs, you then gave a dessert. The price was good, service excellent and food lovely. Do not be upset by message no2 he seems quite happy at Jashans', believe me your food is better.

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 12:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Yusuf, Take no notice of this negative comment. I have eaten in your place a few times with family and friends and your food is excellent quality and value for money. Richard, have you ever ordered sea bass done in a salt crust anywhere else? i am sure you will pay more than the price stated here.

I would recommend trying the Sinya restaurant to anyone looking for good local food at sensible prices.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 12:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Yudu 392,

A very positive and detailed response. You deserve to succeed. We will definatley give you a try when next in TRNC.

wynyardman

Lilli

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Yudu, I have never had the pleasure of eating at your restaurant. The menu sounds lovely. Most people would appreciate the cost of baking fish with rock salt. The salt does not season the fish it keeps the moisture in.I feel that you gave a very good response. I wish you every success, its not easy here at the moment xx

racoonchic

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 18:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

yes im sorry yudu i should have worded my comment better so acept my appologies and luck with your venture lol

Yudu392

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 22:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

thank you for your comments japeal, Geoff1131MK11, wynyardman , Lilli and racoonchic. these comments motivated us and we'll keep on trying to do our best for our guests.

we may own the restaurant but it is your place and we should improve it continuously.

If you enjoy your meals @ SINYA then we'll enjoy running our business.

We hope everyone come and taste our special and local menus and tell us comments both positive and negative.

if u tell us your positive reviews, then we know what you like much, and keep doing that,

and if u tell us your negative reviews, then we know what you don't like and will stop or correct our fault.

Regards,

Yusuf

Lilli

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 23:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

with an attitude like yours, you deserve to succeed. Good luck I know how hard it is running a restaurant and trying to get ir right all the time. take care xxx

arrry

Message Posted:
31/08/2010 23:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

Yusuf............i think your response to message 2 is exactly what customers like to hear ! I do not mean how much money you make but the fact that you have taken those comments on board . May be Racoonchic should have sampled your food before posting such negative thoughts. A lot more restaurant owners would love it if people would talk to them about any problems rather than go running to the nearest forum.! I will also be trying your restaurant the next time i am over. Good positive posts Yusuf....

norths4me

Message Posted:
01/09/2010 06:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

Yusuf

What a very good reply to message 2. We had 2 meals with you in May and it was very enjoyable. Prices are very reasonable and we were made very welcome.

The kitchen is in full view where you can watch your meal been prepared by a very hard working friendly lady.We enjoyed our meal so came back on the Sunday for the special Lamb which was beautifully cooked and presented

We will be over in October and will be back in then.

Good luck you deserve to succeed

Yudu392

Message Posted:
01/09/2010 17:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

Thank you Lilli, arrry and norths4me,

your posts made us very motivated.

We hope our guests like our special meals and we'll continue to serve them on regular basis.

we'll be around here as an alternative for those who want to try some local meals.

Regards,

Yusuf

sissy

Message Posted:
02/09/2010 13:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

We ate at your restaurant, last year when we were out. The meal was very good.

The service good. Very clean. We just felt that to make a nice authentic atmosphere a little

turkish music "not to loud" would be nice in the background. I hope you do well Josef.

keith

Message Posted:
02/09/2010 22:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

where abouts are you from tatlisu

keith

Yudu392

Message Posted:
02/09/2010 23:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

hi sissy, thank you for your comments, we'll do something about decoration and also outside landscape.

we play sometimes instrumental turkish music, sometimes fasil music, sometimes piano and sometimes we turn on an english radio channel from internet. we don't know mostly which one our guests prefer, but could you please inform us when u are here.

hello keith,

thank you for your interest to our restaurant.

Sinya Restaurant is in Kucukerenkoy village. when u r coming from Tatlisu turn to Girne road and about 2 and a half km later you'll see our signboard and restaurant at the left hand side by the main road. There are almond trees in front of it and the building is made of stones.

hope to see u here soon.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.