North Cyprus Tourist Board - Out of TRNC for more than 90 days
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Out of TRNC for more than 90 days

Out of TRNC for more than 90 days

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

kazbo

Message Posted:
03/09/2010 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 23 in Discussion

Sorry - I have been looking at all the threads but dont seem to find the answer I need.

We had to return back to UK for an emergency operation 4th August. Our temporary Visa is due for renewal on the 8th November but I dont envisage we will be able to get back until December. We live full time in TRNC. What implications will this cause ??? Will we be fined upon entry back to TRNC ? If so is there anyway that we could let authorities know the situation.

Many thanks

Rocker

Message Posted:
03/09/2010 17:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 23 in Discussion

Do you mean temporary residency or visa. As from the 26th August the visa's are for 30 days. As yours runs out in November if its a temporary one they may just issue another one when you come back for 30 days. If its residency the rules have changed re medicals. See brstrnc.com Good luck, if you are under 60 you need blood tests for residency until you are 60. I see you are under 60 so for you its harder.

davedee

Message Posted:
03/09/2010 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 23 in Discussion

Rocker i arrived on the 1st September and they stamped my passport with 90 days !

Dave.

Tootie

Message Posted:
03/09/2010 18:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 23 in Discussion

Rocker, What do you mean: "As from the 26th August the visa's are for 30 days." ?

joandjelly

Message Posted:
03/09/2010 18:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 23 in Discussion

We went South yesterday and my friend who does not have temp residency was only given 30 days at Metehan. He was told that he will only be given 90 days if he enters and leaves via Ercan. These are the new rules. Dave I assume from your post that you entered via Ercan?

keithcaley

Message Posted:
03/09/2010 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 23 in Discussion

kazbo,

You would obviously need to speak to someone 'In Authority' in the Immigration department - don't rely on anything that a clerk tells you...

I think that as you will have been out of TRNC for more than 90 days, then I believe that under current rules, you will lose the 'cumulative' effect of your residency to date, as regards eventually applying for permanent residency.

I have NO IDEA whether your next application will be treated as a 'First' application (because your residency lapsed) or whether they will simply allow a renewal, and back date it to when your current one runs out.

I wouldn't think that anyone else on here does either

Best get it in writing from Immigration...

honestie

Message Posted:
03/09/2010 19:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 23 in Discussion

the new rules were posted with 30 days tourist visa and then the BRS changed it back to 90 nso is it 30or 90

Tootie

Message Posted:
03/09/2010 19:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 23 in Discussion

Whats the difference between a "medical test and a medical check"?

It says on the BRS Web page: If the documents are in order, you will be asked to obtain a medical test.

Then it says under the new changes: With effect from 26 August 2010, applicants for temporary residence permits are required to have annual medical checks before the permit is granted. ?

davedee

Message Posted:
03/09/2010 19:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 23 in Discussion

Hi Jo yes Ercan.

Texas

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 08:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 23 in Discussion

Here's how you do it:

Go to the border with the person who is leaving the country for 90+ days. Go when it's busy!

The other person gets out the car and gets both visa slips stamped.

Drop them off at Debenhams near Engomi.

You drive back, crossing back to TRNC. Remember when it's busy(!) and get both passports stamped again.

Then after a little while, drive back to the border and just get your visa slip stamped.

Meet the other person at Debenhams and give them their passport. The authorities in the North will assume they are "IN" the country.

When they return you need to repeat this process the other way round.

Simples!

Until they improve the system and have it like Eurostar where you drive up to the booth and everyone in the vehicle shows their credentials, the system over here is open to abuse.

How many times do you see the locals park in the "Ambulance/coach" section?

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 09:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 23 in Discussion

Texas/Msg 10: 'Simples!'

.............And if one happens to get sussed, I imagine there would be a colossal fine, arrest, imprisonment and, probably, one's eventual deportation order - hardly worth losing one's house for!

Texas

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 09:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 23 in Discussion

Tenakoutou.

It's possible you might get sussed. It's possible that TRNC immigration know what day it is.

I also think you may have over-reacted just a little bit. No one has entered illegally, no one has gained/lost.

I do not believe one would lose thier house, not unless you want to add "putting a Memorandum on the property" on your list of possible punishments.

An alternative is just to put the person leaving in the boot of your car! But again, you would have to repeat the process in reverse on their return.

honestie

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 09:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 23 in Discussion

msg 5

apaarently not the new rules my friend went over the border yesterday and back and got 90 days so it hasnt changed still depends on how they feel when stamping your passsport!

ianwfs

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 09:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 23 in Discussion

It's been said many times, that 90 days is not a right, even though it's normal. If you leave TRNC for a short time, you stand a good chance of getting a visa for the time left on the original when you return. If they think the purpose of leaving was to come back and get a new 90 days and avoid the residency rules, you stand a chance of only getting a couple of days.

Remember, when they look at their computer, they can see exactly how many times you've been out and in, and if you have residency or not.

Whatever you think of the system, the immigration officers are neither stupid nor unreasonable. If you try and buck the system, you'll eventually be spotted. If you're given a visa that's not long enough, ask for a longer one with your reasons, and you'll probably get it.

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 11:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 23 in Discussion

just get a resident visa and stop bucking the system

honestie

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 11:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 23 in Discussion

why get a residency visa when youre genuinely out of the country (and no not the greek side) nearly every 3 months I dont call that bucking the system

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 11:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 23 in Discussion

Tootie

I had the checks on Wednesday - they do a tuberculosis test by injecting something under your skin (see http://www.medicinenet.com/tuberculosis_skin_test_ppd_skin_test/article.htm), 48 hours later you go back to the clinic and they will check your reaction to the test. Mine came up like a mosquito bite which is ok, a very large lump with blistering requires a follow-up X-ray. They also take a sample of blood which they test for various things such as HIV, etc (not quite sure what). The full results were ready at 4pm yesterday and you take them in the sealed envelope to Lefkosa when you go to get your residency stamp.

Kazbo

Take Keith's advice. If you are a member of the BRS perhaps they can enquire on your behalf as you are out of the country.

kazbo

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 11:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 23 in Discussion

Thanks Keith.

I was more concerned that when we (or I) come back that I would be dragged in at ercan airport and fined as the temporary residency had ran out.

Thanks for the reply

scruff

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 12:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 23 in Discussion

Kazbo

I think you could very well be fined on your return, if you leave the TRNC, go back to the UK. & then return to the TRNC. after your residency has expired, IF YOU DO NOT GET ADVISE from the Immigration dept. before you leave!!

Going back several years about 2004, before they were as hot on Temporary residency as they are now, a friend of ours let his residency expire. He used to return to the UK. several times a year for periods from 2 weeks to 4 weeks & still does. He left via Ercan & returned to the UK. for a few weeks. When he returned via Ercan, he was stopped & told that he must go to the Immigration dept. immediately. He wasn't fined but he did have to start his Residency all over again, as a completely new first time application.

Is it really worth taking the risk?

blade

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 12:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 23 in Discussion

Go to the residency department and explain and ask what they want you to do?

When our son did his this year he wanted to go off traveling, they weren't worried that he would be out of the country most of the year. So just ask them how you go about it.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 23 in Discussion

Msg 13 I was just repeating what the Customs lady told my friend. I was standing next to him at the time.

Aeyeofspirit

Message Posted:
05/09/2010 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 23 in Discussion

Another question re the 'residency' issue - my husband & I have just returned from a 2/52 stay & intend to return on 27th.

We lost our visa's !!!!! but were allowed out without our passports being stamped (as we said we were returning for 6months). So how do we actually go about the process, when we return?

We are not looking for full residency but obviously we are aware that we may have to go through the process of applying for a visa extension before the 90 days are up (if they give us 90 days of course).

We will be coming in from the South (couldn't get flights to Ercan from airports were we live) - probably via Lefkosa - so do we ask for a different type of visa than that issued to 'holiday-makers' (which I pressume is for less than 30days if new rules mean temporary residents only get 30days rather than 90)

Don't want to break the law - but don't really want to apply for residency if we don't have too

Thanks Anne

jacky

Message Posted:
05/09/2010 22:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 23 in Discussion

more money for medicals upon renewal,what a joke.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.