North Cyprus Tourist Board - North Cyprus Hotel Website Review!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > North Cyprus Hotel Website Review!

North Cyprus Hotel Website Review!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

kheme

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 10:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 29 in Discussion

Hello all.

I'd like some feedback on a website of mine. I've been going through some changes on the site lately and i really want to know what people like and don't like about the site. I've found out some pages people barely visit and those with most traffic.

But here i want direct feedback from real people rather than some scripts. I wanna know what you think is good to stay on the site or what should leave the site... especially because it has to do with a hotel for holidays in north Cyprus.

your HONEST comments please:

http://www.mountainviewcyprus.com

simbas

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 11:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 29 in Discussion

Brilliant , very professional , pleasing to the eye , a good lay out . and easy to use . Personal opinion , stick with it .

Very best of luck to you , Simbas

Glasbury

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 14:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 29 in Discussion

I have just had a look at your website and think you are to be congratulated. It is very informative and I think you have covered everything that a prospective client would need to know. I liked looking at your photographs and reading your menu. Mountain View certainly looks like a good choice to make for someone wanting to visit for the first time perhaps.

kaiserphil

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 16:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 29 in Discussion

I think it is a very good site. Well done.

Ballyboffin

Message Posted:
04/09/2010 18:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 29 in Discussion

I agree that it is an excellant website. The place looks lovely and the rates are very good as are the menu prices.

Is the restaurant open to non residents and do you charge to use the pool if people buy food?

kheme

Message Posted:
06/09/2010 12:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 29 in Discussion

@Ballyboffin: The restaurant and pool are open to outsiders. you are free to use the pool as long as you buy something... drinks or snacks or food.

@others: Thanks for the comments. doesn't anyone see any thing "not good" about the site??? i'm just wondering! i mean... it can't be that "perfect", can it???

Anything else? layout suggestions? colors? more or less write up? bad photos? thanks for the comments so far. now some criticism??? all very much welcome

clifhanger

Message Posted:
06/09/2010 12:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 29 in Discussion

great website well done

Lilli

Message Posted:
06/09/2010 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 29 in Discussion

Well done very pleasing to look at, made me wish i was around that very inviting pool. The rooms look lovely x

a1sysman

Message Posted:
06/09/2010 13:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 29 in Discussion

Under "Things to do in North Cyprus"

Why not add...

-- Scuba Diving - you have a picture of divers but you don't link to anything relevant - could link to Amphora Diving at Escape beach http://www.amphoradiving.com

-- Walking and / or trekking (for spring, autumn and winter visitors).

A nice site you have had developed.

kheme

Message Posted:
06/09/2010 17:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 29 in Discussion

yea... i'm a little behind on the "things to do in cyprus" the content is still coming up. thanks for the tip... i will do that. the walking group is definitely coming up there, and scuba diving.

thanks guys... more comments?

jimmyG

Message Posted:
06/09/2010 18:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 29 in Discussion

Very good website. Just one little thing which you may wish to correct if it is a typo - on the Kid's Menu the last item is shown as Fish Finder - should this not be Fish Finger ?

deputydawg

Message Posted:
06/09/2010 19:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 29 in Discussion

For those of us who have thoroughly enjoyed staying at your hotel many times over many years and more recently enjoyed the excellent Buffet Nights your reputation is already very firmly secured. I think it could perhaps be a good idea to include a photograph of Serdar and Sue together as proprietors at the introduction to the family hotel so that new potential customers came see their beautiful smiles and know who they are in contact with right from their initial telephone call, e mail etc enquiry.

kheme

Message Posted:
06/09/2010 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 29 in Discussion

@jimmyG: thanks. I've fixed that. Good eye you've got ;)

@deputydawg: fantastic idea!! I'm going to work that into the website ASAP. thanks so much.

any more ideas?

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
06/09/2010 21:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 29 in Discussion

Congratulations - very professional.

Blackbird

Message Posted:
06/09/2010 23:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 29 in Discussion

Yes agree with the comments here...a very professional web site....well done!

kheme

Message Posted:
08/09/2010 13:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 29 in Discussion

i wasn't expecting this much. but i just thought... can you write a review about the website on alexa.com? WEBSITE review please, that is, reviews about mountainviewcyprus.com as relevant to the content of the website (north cyprus hotel? holidays? layout? etc.

http://www.alexa.com/write/review/mountainviewcyprus.com

if you want to write a HOTEL review, that is, a review about your stay at the hotel, you can do so on tripadvisor.com

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g190378-d565885-Reviews-Mountain_View_Hotel-Kyrenia.html

the WEBSITE reviews are more important for now, ok? thanks and PLEASE keep commenting as i'm yet to receive criticism

cypruseagle

Message Posted:
08/09/2010 15:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 29 in Discussion

Excellent website. I will hopefully be staying with you for a weekend at the end of the month. Only things with the photos, especially of the hotel room is that they are all of the bed! You are mountain view hotel. Would be good to see pictures from the balcony of the view of the mountains or sea/pool perhaps

kheme

Message Posted:
08/09/2010 22:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 29 in Discussion

@cypruseagle: i understand your point. I'm working on gathering more photos to put up there. Actually, we have quite a few guest photos of the sea, gardens, etc. but presently, they're in an album called "Guest Photos" on the hotel's facebook profile ( http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=193204&id=171692213819). I'm hoping to put same photos under same name on the website pretty soon so we can display photos taken by guests.

But for now, i'd keep sourcing for "good enough" photos to put up there. thanks for pointing that out.

more criticism please

kheme

Message Posted:
09/09/2010 09:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 29 in Discussion

Thanks for all your comments so far. But i have one more favor. this time, i need a comparison.

a certain someone seems to think that another version of the above website looks better. Well, i have asked a group of people for their opinions people still like this version. I'd like your opinions as well.

WHICH WEBSITE IS BETTER, IN TERMS OF EVERYTHING???

Current Version: http://www.mountainviewcyprus.com

Other Version: http://www.mountainviewnorthcyprus.com

Thanks in advance, guys

cypruseagle

Message Posted:
09/09/2010 14:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 29 in Discussion

Much prefer the current version. Far more professional and easier to navigate

keyholekate

Message Posted:
09/09/2010 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 29 in Discussion

The web site itself is great. However, I had a problem with the contact form. I could not enter the Spam washer code exactly as displayed ie digits at different levels, sizes and colours so was unable to send my question?

kheme

Message Posted:
09/09/2010 17:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 29 in Discussion

@cypruseagle: well, that "certain someone" also said the other version was easier to navigate cos of the navigation on the left. i had put some thoughts into the navigation of the current version and came up with that. it was a little bit tricky since the previous website was really messy and out of structure.

@keyholekate: you should try refreshing the page for different numbers, colors, etc. I had to put that there cos without it, we'd get an endless supply of spam messages, lol i dont want that!

UM.... time for some criticisms??? :-D

joandjelly

Message Posted:
09/09/2010 18:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 29 in Discussion

Much prefer the current version. Easy to read and nicely laid out. I did find it a bit difficult to read the email and website details top right of the page. Maybe white text would be better than orange or perhaps make the text bold for easier reading.

Hotel looks great and will definitely recommend to friends and family.

kheme

Message Posted:
09/09/2010 19:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 29 in Discussion

@joandjelly: yea... i just looked at that again. i will play with a few ideas, that is, white text, bold, etc. i didn't have enough "space" to work with over there, especially since i had to put up the "Live Chat" pic up there. i think the phone number should be larger up there and perhaps to take out the website address? but everything up there is important: the website, so in case someone wandered into the website, they would remember how to get back; the numbers for people to call (that works) and the email for those not able to call (works too) and the skype for those online and able to "skype"

i will play with a few ideas though. thanks for the tip.

kheme

Message Posted:
09/09/2010 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 29 in Discussion

@deputydawg: sorry for this late response. it was nice chatting with you at the hotel the other day. i'm still trying to get "good enough" photos. I have a camera though, but unfortunately not very good enough. But be sure i'd make those changes with time.

if anyone has been following the site, you'd notice changes here and there, like the layout of the home page, special offers page, the new "Customer Comments" section/page, etc. so with time, i'd definitely introduce all these changes/features onto the website.

but i'm looking at a new website??? a new design?? looking at how much work i've put into this, it's a little discouraging to get a new one... i love this one! ^_^

anyways... all for the better. i'd pass the new website through you guys whenever it's ready and PLEASE... no sugar-coated comments :-d

thanks guys!

swannee7

Message Posted:
09/09/2010 19:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 29 in Discussion

kheme: Pretty good website and I didn't find it hard to navigate and it has appeal. Some of the 'blurb' needs tightening up and as another poster has already pointed out, there are some lovely spelling boo-boos, like 'Fish Finder' (kids food section) and my particular favourite - 'Gala Mary' in the main Restaurant food list. I think its actually meant to be Calamari (deep fried squid) ? Perhaps you could get some local Brit to help with the interpretation/translation, as the whole website is in English ? Hope these comments will be helpful.

kheme

Message Posted:
09/09/2010 21:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 29 in Discussion

(laughing) thanks swannee7, i acutally saw that page and laughed again. I never really looked at that page often.

ok, i think this calls my attention to revisit some of the pages. i actually just left some and did some in a hurry (long time back) so i could publish on time.

i'd have a sit down to correct those errors. but those are minor for now??? yes? thanks for the comments though.

So swannee7... what do you think after comparing both sites?

swannee7

Message Posted:
10/09/2010 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 29 in Discussion

kheme (27)

Have just looked at the original website and then back to the current one to make comparisons. The original one is looking a little 'dated' now compared with the upmarket version, but I actually prefer the script/wording in each section of the ORIGINAL one. This is because the use of our language (English) is more accurate and makes for easy reading. That apart, there is really no contest and the 'slide show' photos of the complex in version 2 make such a difference. I can't add any more on the subject. Good luck with everything.

kheme

Message Posted:
10/09/2010 22:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 29 in Discussion

Thanks for your input anyways.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.