North Cyprus Tourist Board - Economy Car Rental/Fontana
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Economy Car Rental/Fontana

Economy Car Rental/Fontana

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Car Hire in North Cyprus

Mountain Edge

Message Posted:
13/09/2010 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Has anybody used Economy Car Rental from the South, lately. There is an older thread but I was just seeing if anybody had any recent info.

I did read a thread where Fontana had let someone down at Larnaca airport. I have used these many times with no problems at all. Has anybody else had any problems with them of late.

Izzet

Message Posted:
13/09/2010 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

I would highly recommend Fontana too.

http://www.cyprus-car.com

There are lots of posts recommending Fontana and how the north/south insurance works here:

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/car.asp

Jo Valentine

Message Posted:
14/09/2010 01:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Hi

It was me that was let down by Fontana and that amazed me as they have always been brilliant. I hope they were perhaps just closed for the week. I used Thames instead, there's a desk at the airport, and they were very good too and negotiated a price.

I will ask Fontana again but make I'll make sure they confirm my booking next time.

Cheers

Jo Valentine

http://www.jamesvalentineremovals.co.uk

Mountain Edge

Message Posted:
14/09/2010 10:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

In comparison to Fontana's prices how did Thames do.

aripointer

Message Posted:
14/09/2010 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

There are two companies using the Economy company name for Larnaca. One is a blue website the other is an orange site.

In my opinion we have used the orange site many times and it is by far the best. The company is a broker using all the top hire car co’s at Larnaca. It does seem they get the best deals from Budget.

We have just used the orange site. We had a Budget car. Overall the savings we made was over £70 compared to hiring in the north.

The savings were made taking into consideration the taxi transfers for hiring in the north against the purchase of insurance at the border (40 Euros for two drivers). The plus points are. You can cross the border as many times as you like with no problems using a south car and no worries with the taxi pick up to the north. Most of all the cars are top class and Budget offer a super service. AP

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.