North Cyprus Tourist Board - SPAM from TRNC Estate Agents
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > SPAM from TRNC Estate Agents

SPAM from TRNC Estate Agents

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» List of North Cyprus Estate Agents

» See All North Cyprus Estate Agent Related Threads

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
12/08/2008 17:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 32 in Discussion

Spam Emails have been sent from Buzzy Bees Estate Agents today.

My Email address from probably sent from the details on my profile.

If I ever considered doing ANY business with these people, I will no longer be doing so.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
12/08/2008 17:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 32 in Discussion

Have they done this intentially?

Busy Bees Bogaz

Message Posted:
12/08/2008 19:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 32 in Discussion

Dear Timothy and all

We wish to apologise for any upset caused.

I did not even know Mr Cadman was a member on this board until logging on today, and would certainly never e mail members from any information on here, now, or at any time in the future.

Over the past couple of years we have had various people working on our behalf and getting leads from interested parties looking at buying in Noth Cyprus, and the message sent to Timothy was a standard introduction letter introducing the Bogaz and Karpaz areas and no offence was intended. His e mail details are among many that we have on our database from information collected in the past.

Up until now we have had no complaints about our agency, and would like to once again apologise.

Maria Jerome

pilgrim

Message Posted:
12/08/2008 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 32 in Discussion

Although I rate Busy Bees, I think allowing commercial enterprise to post on informal information exchange websites as this, actually devalues the integrity of the site.

rtddci

Message Posted:
12/08/2008 22:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 32 in Discussion

Pilgrim

I agree.

Busy Bees Bogaz

Message Posted:
12/08/2008 23:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 32 in Discussion

Dear All

Thank you for your comments.

As mentioned in many previous postings, we are a small family run Agency in Bogaz. We intend for any postings to be informative and helpful, and are doing our best to promote our lovely side of the Island. We are here for any informations required, and are more than happy to assist anyone with any subject regarding North Cyprus. We are not well known in the Kyrenia area, but for those that have had contact with us I am positive that you have found our information both helpful and imformative.

Estate Agents world wide generally are tarred with the same brush....I just want to say that our Agency wants to make an honest living for its customers and its staff.

I myself came here to live over 6 years ago. I am married to a local Cypriot, who is a shepherd, I love this country and enjoy showing people everything it has to offer.

I enjoy my work, and running my business, but do not wish to offend anyone in any manner. Therefore if it is felt that by my advertising on this board is not welcome, I will not do so.

Thank you for reading my post.

Maria Camilla Jerome

colly

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 01:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 32 in Discussion

My opinion is that if a company is named then it is correct that they have the right to reply.

Col

wynyardman

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 01:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 32 in Discussion

Hi All,

The lady made her point and appologised if there had been an error of judgement. Surely no

one could ask for more. I think the appology should be accepted in the spirit in which it was given.

Just my opinion

wynyardman

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 03:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 32 in Discussion

I accept the apology. Matter Closed.

Wireless

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 07:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 32 in Discussion

grow up - it was an email - did'nt like it? hit the delete key and get on with your life

Busy Bee's promote on!

littlenige

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 07:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 32 in Discussion

I only wish the rest of the estate agents who made " errors " of judgement had the guts to apologise.

WELL DONE BUSY BEES.

elko2

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 09:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 32 in Discussion

It is a fine line between advertising and giving information. I try to avoid advertising but when a subject about voltage surges and so on appear, I try to do my best to inform people about the nature of the problem and how to overcome it. That naturally leads to some questions and my honest replies can be contstrued as advertising although that is not the intention. In most cases it is really a matter of common sense and not rigid rules

ismet

cooper

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 09:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 32 in Discussion

Well said ismet - common sense prevails.

Cooper

mountbatten

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 09:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 32 in Discussion

I have been exchanging emails with Marie Jerome now for some weeks,i have found her to be a very professionel decent lady.

I find it very useful when someone comes on this forum with something to sell.

I do hope that Marie is welcomed on this forum.

So please everyone,ask her to continue.

I do respect Pilgrim & rtddci views.

Is it really such a bad thing to try and earn a living.

Come on,make someone happy

rosie123

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 32 in Discussion

I back Mountbatten,i myself have found it very helpful when busy bees have a property for sale,i hope Marie is made too feel welcome on this forum.

Rosie

windmill

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 10:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 32 in Discussion

Would Marie Jarome of Busy Bees please continue selling her wares on this forum

McSteviet

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 32 in Discussion

Carry on !!

MC

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 32 in Discussion

I'm more than happy to read posts from businesses on here. They are usually very informative. Carry on Maria et al!

Problems only arise when businesses try using members email for spamming.

That should get them a Yellow Card from the 'Management'!

rob

rtddci

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 17:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 32 in Discussion

There are ample opportunities for businesses to advertise elsewhere. If a specific question is asked and a business replies, fair enough. If that business was less than honest I'm sure another member would point that out. Do we want numerous advertising threads on this forum? How long would it be before it lost it's usefulness and neautrality and we lose members? How many newcomers would wade through a host of advertising threads?

Martin

mountbatten

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 17:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 32 in Discussion

Nice to see some have welcomed Maria Jerome

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 32 in Discussion

I agree with Martin. Advice from companies in answer to direct questions posted is fine. There are several I know who have been doing it for years on TRNC BB's, apart from Ismet who is always honest and tries to word his answers carefully. TRNC Vaughan is another who always chips in when queries about pools etc and Flight Holiday, Tom who is amazing with the holidays and flights.

However direct advertising from companies will put people off and should be avoided.

TC was correct to raise the issue of the thread, even if he has probably had dealing directly or otherwise with the company in the past. There was another case recently where it appeared someone had used e-mail addresses taken from this site.

Maybe Maria will find time to answer some of the buying and selling issues that come up rom time to time.

Busy Bees Bogaz

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 19:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 32 in Discussion

Hello all,

Thank you all for your kind comments and support.

Firstly, I replied to this thread as we had not taken nor ever have details from this board or any other to contact clients. This matter would appear to have been cleared up, for which I am very thankful to Timothy.

The thread has then changed direction and advertising is now being discussed.

There seems to be a mixed attitude towards this, and as mentioned before, we do not wish to offend anyone.

Our Company, amongst others, pay for the opportunity of advertising on the home page, whereby anyone that may be interested in property can view ours and others websites.

As no doubt there are people looking at this and other boards that may be considering moving to North Cyprus, maybe it would suit everyone if Agents and Developers who pay for the privalidge of advertising, from time to time, advertise any good deals that they may have that could be of interest to the public in general? Quite often people go straight to the forums, and do not necessarily see our adverts, and information given from time to time may be helpful.

I agree totally that forums should not be overun with advertising, but clearly some are in favour of occassional advertising. We have never posted advert after advert, just the occasional, what we consider, to be a good offer.

I appreciate not all can be pleased, and am trying to find a happy medium!

I do not wish to fall out with anyone, and once again thank all those that have supported us. and would welcome anyone who is living in North Cyprus or indeed visiting, to visit us at our offices anytime for a coffee and biscuit. We welcome all into our office, whether you live here already or are just on holiday. We are happy as I said before to give information to anyone that may be of help. This is not sales talk, and for anyone that knows me, they will back me up. Unfortunately, I do not know many in the Kyrenia area, so you will have to take my word as my bond.

Please, let us all enjoy this lovely part of the world, and not argue with each other, we must all have this in common or we would not be on this board!!!!

Kindest Regards to Everyone

Maria Jerome

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 20:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 32 in Discussion

Maria

"... visit us at our offices anytime for a coffee and biscuit."

What??,....... Just the ONE biscuit???

rob

Busy Bees Bogaz

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 20:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 32 in Discussion

Let me "digest" that and maybe we could offer the" full packet", but times are hard, so we don't want to see our Company "crumble!"

Yes, I am "crackers".

Good night all and thanks again for all posts.

edmund

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 32 in Discussion

Does no-one else see the irony of this thread?

I agree that unsolicited e-mail contact of members should be frowned upon, but if you navigate anywhere on this website away from the Forum you will be assailed by advertising.

Do you really believe that the originator of the forum set it up out of the goodness of their heart? Or perhaps they did it as a very savvy way of ensuring that a regular stream of visitors make repeated hits on their travel and tourism website. How many hits per day do you think Cyprus44.com would get if we all didn't log on to read the forum?

I am not knocking the management of this website, in fact what they have done works.

If you type 'North Cyprus Forums' into google then this site is ranked #3 on the first page of results, and when you click on that, it takes you to the travel and tourism website, so it is an excellent marketing tool, just let's not get too precious about any advertising which appears.

mountbatten

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 20:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 32 in Discussion

Maria Jerome,just as i exspected,a very professional reply.

Myself and friends hope to take you up on your offer of a cuppa and biscuits in the near future,could you please make mine tea.

ROBnJO,the biscuits are Cyprus specials,they weigh 2lb and are 12"x12"

mountbatten

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 20:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 32 in Discussion

edmund,very good post

PtePike

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 21:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 32 in Discussion

I must say some of the estate agents these days are pretty fit looking.

rtddci

Message Posted:
13/08/2008 23:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 32 in Discussion

However 'nice' an estate agent or anyone else in business may be, as Maria points out she pays to advertise on the pages set up for that purpose and are easily found via an internet saerch. However well intentioned she may be, how many more adverts (from any business) would suddenly become 'good deals' or 'could be of interest to the general public'?

Martin

pilgrim

Message Posted:
14/08/2008 00:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 32 in Discussion

Noticable that selling in various guises of products services events and venues form a major content of threads now. jurys out!

windmill

Message Posted:
14/08/2008 09:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 32 in Discussion

Looking forward to some great offers from Busy Bees

ianwfs

Message Posted:
14/08/2008 09:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 32 in Discussion

There is no doubt that this BB is run as a commercial venture. (And run very well). The last figures published shows nearly 350,000 page views every month, and the cost of advertising and the number of adverts reflect this.

Bear in mind that the majority of these page views will be on the BB. Therfore the BB is the seed money to the revenue source. Ask yourself how many page views are there without the BB. How much would the advertising charge have to be reduced to reflect this reduction in page views? Without the BB, how much would the click-through revenue be reduced by.

We have all joined a commercial board, and while I totally disagree with collecting our email addresses for spamming purposes, do you honestly not think that a good number of advertisers are able to collect statistics on who visited their sites and where they come from? This opens up the possibility of "junk mail" of one sort or another, and is a risk we must all accept if we join this board.

Ian

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.