North Cyprus Tourist Board - Dog Walking. Karsiyaka
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Dog Walking. Karsiyaka

Dog Walking. Karsiyaka

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

Vidal

Message Posted:
17/09/2010 10:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

I have just been down to the far end of the beach, across the field behind the first 'night Club'

There is usually quite a bit of litter there but this time..OMG its filthy. I havent been there since July and in the meantime it looks like a tip.

I let the dog out of the car and then had to grab him back. There is SO much broken glass, plastic bottles, filthy mattresses, old clothes, shoes..its disgusting and dangerous.

If you normally go there and just let your dogs run free..BE CAREFUL!!

BigMart

Message Posted:
17/09/2010 11:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

instead of moaning about it get something done to remedy the situation.

A couple of British girls have cleaned the picnic sites on the road to Kayalar, they did this about a month ago, put some notices on the trees saying 'take your rubbish home, this is everyones island.' and the sites have remained clean.

simbas

Message Posted:
17/09/2010 11:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

I didn't read it as moaning , If you can prevent a possible injury , ie dog being cut by glass or a child for that matter, then i think it should be in every dog owners and parents interest to be made aware of it .

Simbas

BigMart

Message Posted:
17/09/2010 11:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

picking some of the rubbish up might be a good idea though.

simbas

Message Posted:
17/09/2010 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Yes , you are right Bigmart , perhaps we should all take a plastic bag and some gloves out with us , every little bit helps eh ? i shall from now on

Simbas

BigMart

Message Posted:
17/09/2010 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Thats exactly right, every little does help, some of these places have never been cleaned, so if we do try and clean them they may stop clean, you never know we might change the 'litter doesn't matter' mentality one day.

Tinkie

Message Posted:
17/09/2010 11:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Lapta Belediye are usually very good, perhaps go and speak to them about it and hopefully they will clear the area themselves.

Krin52

Message Posted:
17/09/2010 13:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

We've been cleaning our bit of foreshore here for close to four years now and I'm pleased to say that the fishermen who use this area are now remarkably good, and generally don't leave any litter. Further down the rocks is just disgusting - got to get after that area and those fishermen now too!

Every little bit helps!

Vidal

Message Posted:
17/09/2010 15:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Bigmart

I didn't post to moan about the mess, I posted to warn anyone that drove down there and just let the dogs out of the car without realising the ground was covered with shards off broken bottles sticking up out of the ground and along the pebbles.

I did pick up as much of the glass that I could, but it is spread over a huge area.

Thanks for your input though!

BigMart

Message Posted:
17/09/2010 16:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Sorry, Vidal, a misunderstanding. Lets all try and get rid of this mess between us.

Vidal

Message Posted:
17/09/2010 16:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Hi BM

No probs. I will take Tinkies suggestion and call the belly dancers...see if they will help.

The bottles looked like they had been smashed for the hell of it, but if the rubbish hadnt been left there in the first place...

Have to say though, I used to live right next to the beach in Essex and always carried several bags with me when walking my dogs. One for poo patrol and the rest to pick up holiday makers rubbish, plastic bottles, drinks cans and yes..dirty nappies. Folk would jam the rubbish between the rocks and the seagulls would pull the bags out and shake the contents all over the beach. Its not just here it happens.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.