North Cyprus Tourist Board - Electric water meter with top-up card....know anything about them?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Electric water meter with top-up card....know anything about them?

Electric water meter with top-up card....know anything about them?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

sheffpants

Message Posted:
19/09/2010 12:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

I have one of these meters with a top up card. When it was installed I thought that they told me I have to put credit on the card and then transfer it to my meter, very much like buying kontor for a mobile phone. I put tl100 on ages ago and my water has not run out. Does that mean I am likely to have a huge water bill at the water office and that it doesn't work like that at all??

Thanks

Steve

karakum5c

Message Posted:
19/09/2010 12:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

When your water meter is activated you get 5 tonnes of water --- this is like your emergency fall back.

You then put your card in the meter this allows the meter to read your card and recognise it is your card, you then place card on TOP of meter pushing button this allows credit on card to be transferred to meter{remember this will only transfer 5 tonnes of credit, they are making you buy 10 tonnes at a time ,meters were only set to download 5 tonnes at a time they changed the rules of purchase shortly after setting up system---this means you go back when you run out of credit for water and do the same thing again as you still have 5 tonnes of credit on card}

ONLY your card can be used with your meter, do not loose card getting replacement is almost impossible---do not leave card out for short term lets.

Credit for card is available from main car park ticket booth in town, girl in back of booth will place card on her machine and load credit on to card

karakum5c

Message Posted:
19/09/2010 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

There are NO bills at the water board with this card, all costs involved in supply etc. are bundled up into the costs of units per tonne charged.

The advantage of this card are, for people who use there place only occassionally they will save quite a lot of money because they have no monthly bills to worry about, no worry of being cut off for non payment.

If you have not used your place for a while and water is not coming out it might be well worth looking at inlet pipe into tank, it probably is clogged up with limescale and just needs cleaned.

Remember placing your card in meter alone will not download credit into your meter, you must then place on top and push button on top of meter.

AllyTT

Message Posted:
19/09/2010 13:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Or - your meter may have failed like ours did. We seemed to be using the 100TL top up for ages (I think it was more than a year?) and it just didn't run out. Then one day: nothing, no water, just an error code on the meter. Turns out the meter had failed (it had kept a log of how much we'd used however) and when we called the muhtarlik out for it to be checked we were faced with a huge water bill that should have come off our top-up card. If your 100TL seems to have lasted too long, you might want them to look in to it before the bill gets out of hand.

sheffpants

Message Posted:
19/09/2010 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Thanks for the info...

that all makes sense.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.