North Cyprus Tourist Board - Karsiyaka area in North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Karsiyaka area in North Cyprus

Karsiyaka area in North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

zlwzlw

Message Posted:
22/09/2010 00:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Hi,

I have found a villa in Karsiyaka, which I would like to rent next year, I have been told it is near to the main square which has a cafe, butchers, internet cafe and a bus stop, and that there is another restaurant 10 mins the other way towards the sea.

There is also a hotel called Club Simena about 1 mile away.

I was just wondering if I can some feedback on the area in general, and if it would be easy to get into Lapta, Alsansak etc for more restaurants.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Teresa

Message Posted:
22/09/2010 07:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Karsiyaka is a great place to live, quiet but still close enough to all other areas. If driving Lapta is only 5 minutes away Alsancak 10 at most.

Good luck

loulou

Message Posted:
22/09/2010 07:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

beautifull place ,Club Simena is as u say about a mile away and the square has a pub resterraunt as well

Groucho

Message Posted:
22/09/2010 07:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

There is also a Turtle nesting beach at Karsıyaka for added interest... If you are in the TRNC during the hatching season (July - Sept) make a point of visiting and seeing the little 'uns making their way into the sea... It's just so lovely to see the spectacle and feel so close to nature.

zlwzlw

Message Posted:
22/09/2010 14:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Thanks for the info, we are not driving but I'm sure we will still be able to get around by dolmus or taxi. I think we will definately book.

daffodils

Message Posted:
22/09/2010 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Zoe,

Have sent you an email..but did forget to say that the dolmus stops right at the top of the lane at the square in Karsiyaka and is very regular

Thanks

Lynn

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
22/09/2010 14:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

daffodils...very sorry hun, but i must contradict you there...i have lived in Karsiyaka for 3 years or so, and i have to say, that i use the Dolmus almost everyday, and they are not what one could call regular. Their aim is one every hour, however, if say there is no one on the bus coming to Karsiyaka, they will turn around at Lapta, and go back to town, and there wont be one back for another hour. However, in saying that, the drivers do have mobile numbers, that they are only too happy to give out, so you can in theory, call them to make sure one of them is coming or to book one, you don't need all their numbers, one or two will suffice, as they will call their colleagues for you. Again however, if you are catching the Dolmus on the main road, you have the added possibility of a Dolmus coming from Camlibel etc....(which are usually less than the Karsiyaka ones)

zlwzlw: Karsiyaka is a fine place to live...far enough away from the madding crowds of tourists, yet close enough to..co

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
22/09/2010 14:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

nt....enjoy the benefits of Lapta and Alsancak...kyrenia, is sometimes a little too far to go for a night out...but worth it if you can afford the taxi fare, which would run at apporox 40TL...

If you go even more west, there are some lovely little nuggets...like Horseshoe Bay for instance, fabulous little restaurant on a private beach, far away from any and all traffic......and if none of all the other suggestions tickle your fancy...you are only a stones throw from Titanic, a lovely little nightclub nestled in the mountains.....

DD

blade

Message Posted:
22/09/2010 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Zoe,

I would say its not a bad place, crime has been up in the area in recent times. A bit far out if you don't drive as DD says dolmus not the best form of transport.

We actually call it Corrieaka because lots of northeners live in the area, seeing your from London you would be better down at Catalkoy/Cockneycoy.

zlwzlw

Message Posted:
22/09/2010 15:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Thanks DD,

The area sounds great, I will get a turkish sim card next year which will make things easier with the Dolmus's and taxis.

We probably won't bother going all the way into Kyrenia, we did'nt bother this year the nearest we got to town was Veranda restaurant and Ambiance, we also went to Guidos several times.

What are the restaurants like in Karisyaka? I'm sure we will give them a try.

zlwzlw

zlwzlw

Message Posted:
22/09/2010 16:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Blade,

We don't mind Northerners, as long as they can tolerate us. The villa we stayed in this year was in a road where every villa was owned by a Liverpool supporter except for one which was Everton so were surrounded by people from the North.

I have seen the postings about the crime rate, with burglaries etc, and the postings about the grandmother and the boy, are they the main concern.

We did actually see them in August this year, we were having lunch at JK's and they sat at the table next to us with the dogs begging and asking for our food, but the owner came and got them to leave.

I think we will be ok without a car, as there some restaurants within walking distance we won't have to travel every night, and obviously if we like them we would go to them a few times.

Zoe

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
22/09/2010 16:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

er....restaurants in Karsiyaka....well, there's Green Palace, and there's Cano..................both perfectly adequate...but not a Jashans or a Veranda, if you get my drift...

DD

zlwzlw

Message Posted:
22/09/2010 22:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

I think we will like the area, we are going ahead with booking the villa.

thanks for all your comments.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.