North Cyprus Tourist Board - How long may residents leave TRNC for per year?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > How long may residents leave TRNC for per year?

How long may residents leave TRNC for per year?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

mitsi

Message Posted:
22/09/2010 12:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Does anyone know the regulations on this as we know it used to be 30 days only per annum. How about if you need to stay in UK for longer say 3 months?

mamachina

Message Posted:
22/09/2010 13:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

I believe you can be away fior 90 days in a year, as long as you are here to renew temp residency!!

scruff

Message Posted:
22/09/2010 15:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

As far as I know there is & has never been a rule about how long you are able to leave each year if you have Temporary residency.

The 30 day rule only applies if you wish to get Permanent residency at some time in the future. If you spend more than 30 days away, then this year will not count towards the years you need to do to enable you to apply for Permanent residency.

I have a friend who spends several periods a year in the UK. in excess of 2 mths at a time. She has been doing this for many years now & renews Temporary residency every year & without any difficulty. Another friend spends around 3 mths in winter every year & has just renewed her Temporary residency & received a 2 year renewal.

People have simply become confused about what the 30 day rule is all about.

Unless you intend to apply for Permanent Residency in the future, you can stay away for any length of time, within your Residency period.

SourBrandy

Message Posted:
22/09/2010 20:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

As far as I know, if you have temporary residency, you are only allowed to be out of the country for 90 days. I think this was featured in Cyprus Today a few months ago. The BRS would be able to advise.

zanky

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 12:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

There has always been a rule about how long you should be out of the country if you have temporary residency. It used to be applied and that is why lots of people did go for permanent residency. I think it depends on whatever the fashion is for the law to be applied at the moment.

blade

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 13:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Our son has tempory residence, he wanted to go traveling so we ask at the immigration office.

They told us he could be gone for as long as he wanted.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.