North Cyprus Tourist Board - babysitter wanted!!!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > babysitter wanted!!!

babysitter wanted!!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

LeYLeY

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 14:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 25 in Discussion

I have a 1 month old daughter and im looking for a reliable 'on call' babysitter..prefurubly in Ozankoy.. and charges resonable prices.

Thanks

babygirl

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 25 in Discussion

I have replied to your post via email.

sienna

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 14:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 25 in Discussion

I cannot believe you are advertising for a babysitter on a forum beggars belief !! :( sad times it could be anyone that answers

babygirl

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 25 in Discussion

I am surprised by message 3, what is the difference than advertising in a paper, a card in a shop window, the list could go on. I have replied to the request as I am a babysitter here and look after several children. I can provide references from the mothers whose children I currently look after and I am sure that the mother who made the original post would check out anyone before allowing that person into their childs life. It would be great if we all had family close by who could help out but not everyone does and family members do not automatically ensure that your child is safe!!!

fosterscan

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 25 in Discussion

Sienna sad times people think you cant advertise for a baby sitter. there are good honest people about and i am sure have good references.

the butler

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 14:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 25 in Discussion

I can understand siennas concern, about this post and having been a nanny myself when a lot younger I totally agree with her. I am sure all the people who responded are totally genuine and have references but I know from experience that not many people actually go to the bother of checking these references out. You are talking about the most precious of posessions your child. Please be careful.

The butlers wife

sienna

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 25 in Discussion

Babygirl I am not saying there is anything wrongg with yourself, however trust me there are a lot of people out there with bad motives as many !:(

I think it is strange to advertise for a babysitter .

It is your child you are leaving with another someone !! not the cheapest person around !

Quote :You are talking about the most precious of posessions your child. Please be careful wise owrds head them !

eager

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 15:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 25 in Discussion

Babysitter for a one month old baby....omg

LeYLeY

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 15:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 25 in Discussion

Yess babysitter 4 a 1 month old baby and its babysitters that im interested in, not your opinions. I am going to look at references thnk u very much so No im not going to just leave my child that i bloody adore with any old tom dik and harry!!!

LeYLeY

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 15:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 25 in Discussion

And thank you 'babygirl' ur totally correct..what is the difference from advertising on here 2 the paper etc.. and eager what is your problem with me wanting a babysitter for my 1 month old baby! I havnt been out properly since being 7 months pregnant and bloody deserve a little outing with just the hubby and i!

babygirl

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 15:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 25 in Discussion

Sienna, I agree completely that the child is a parents most precious possession - is something I have quoted to mothers of children I have looked after. I do however disagree with part of your comment as I do not personally see a problem with advertising for a babysitter providing you follow up on references etc. Also it must be difficult here if you dont know people and I think the forum is an ideal place to try to find what you are looking for. On a personal note, when I had to work in the UK my son occassionally had to go to a childminder who was a registered childminder, had been vetted and had police checks and I happened by chance to find out that she was not doing her job correctly!!!! Nothing is guaranteed unfortunately and I dont think there is a right or wrong here, just a difference of opinion.

I might add that I am a fab babysitter if anyone out there is interested and would also expect you to check me out and follow up references.

the butler

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 15:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 25 in Discussion

LeyLey,

I am truly shocked by your outburst, there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a night out. I think the people who are asking you to be careful are only concerned about your baby's welfare and rightly so. Do you not have any relatives or even neighbours who you could trust your baby with, rather than a stranger? I am not saying there is anything wrong with babygirl, I am sure she is a very nice person but in England she would need to go through all kinds of checks.

The butlers wife

sienna

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 16:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 25 in Discussion

each to there own then lets hope all is well with the babysitting

susief

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 16:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 25 in Discussion

Firstly, can I say that Babygirl is indeed a fantastic babysitter with whom I have great trust to look after my young son and who has become a very valued friend too. My son loves going to visit her and never once have I had any qualms about leaving him there.

It can be very difficult living in Northern Cyprus and raising young children if you don't have your family around you... I know! I have often heard of other parents here who have had teenagers sit for their children, but personally I wouldn't be at all comfortable with that and prefer someone, like babygirl, who has raised her own child, has plenty of life-experience and who would be more capable in an emergency.

Maybe in the UK it would be a little odd asking on the internet for a babysitter but here I don't see it as being any different than asking your friends for a recommendation.

Leyley, if you contact babygirl she can pass on my number and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about her fab service!!

BoBoBear

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 25 in Discussion

I can also vouch for Babygirl my son loves being with her, I have known her for many years and all the children she has ever looked after after love her to bits...... So how about we stop the back bitting give people some credit and be glad there are some fab people out there to look after our children if needed, some of us dont have family here to look after them and so great to know you have a real mother figure like Babygirl that you can trust to look after you children. leyley give her a call you will love her and so will your child!

LeYLeY

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 25 in Discussion

'thebutler' I do have relatives and i actually live with my family but with my mum being ill and needing treatment in england and my dad and husband working a babysitter is my only option and im keeping Karen (babygirl) in mind!

If we was in eng i would be alot more cautious but wer r not there and cyprus is very small and im hearing great things about her, Thank you 4 ur concerns but leave it to me!

the butler

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 20:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 25 in Discussion

Hi LeyLey,

Karen sounds like she has experience and I hope everything works out well for you. I have had children myself so do know the problems you face.

The butlers wife

fosterscan

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 21:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 25 in Discussion

LeYLeY

You don't have to explain you reasons to any body, you asked a perfectly good question and received a reply from what seams to be a very reliable sitter.Obviously you will meet and check babygirl out before you use her, perfect result i hope you enjoy your nights out.

fosterscan

LeYLeY

Message Posted:
24/09/2010 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 25 in Discussion

Thank you! <3

johndp

Message Posted:
24/09/2010 16:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 25 in Discussion

What is your problems sienna you seem to always be in the thick of it you and your old man millzer you must have a very sad life, heed the words in message 4 and well said message 16, no wonder this board is going down hill every time somebody posts something theres problems and so people are getting paranoid about posting anything.

Some of your postings beggar belief :(

INCOMING !!!

mystery

Message Posted:
25/09/2010 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 25 in Discussion

Hi,

I'm expecting to relocate to TRNC early next year and will hopefully be setting up a babysitting agency aimed at ex pats.

I myself have numerous qualifications in health and social care, including maternity care, care of the newborn and working with children with special needs. I am currently employed as a teaching assistant and am police checked to the highest degree.

I will expect all the babysitters on my books to have experience in childcare and have proof of police checks, or be willing to obtain one.

Obviously, in order to set up a successful agency, I will be looking for prospective clients and babysitters. So please feel free to contact me regarding your interest and I will get back to you in due course. You can email your interest to expat.angels@inbox.com

johndp

Message Posted:
25/09/2010 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 25 in Discussion

My Friend tried unsuccessfully to do this 2 yrs ago, the authorities didn't reckognise her english qualifications and she had to have a responsible T/C person in charge and it was a minefield much worse than opening a normal business so bee careful your qualies dont count for much here

kevin

Message Posted:
25/09/2010 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 25 in Discussion

hi i am fully qualified in health and social care and have a current clear Criminal records check ( CRB) 2010. I currently work part time in a bar. Times vary and so i am very flexible in my availability. All qualifcation can be viewed. if you wish to contact me via email on juliadavidson2003@yahoo.co.uk or mobile 0533 8320426 hope to hear from you julia davidson

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
25/09/2010 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 25 in Discussion

I am not a babysitter...can't stand the little beggars...but oddly, kids seem to like me...no idea why..one of lifes mysteries i suppose...but if you fancy your chances....get in touch with me.....

DD

nurseawful

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 11:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 25 in Discussion

DD

With all the weight you've lost they probably think you are one of them!

Chris

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.