North Cyprus Tourist Board - Cyprus court awards couple €100,000 in property case
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Cyprus court awards couple €100,000 in property case

Cyprus court awards couple €100,000 in property case

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

walkerscott

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 08:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

The TRNC Courts should take heed and follow this example on broken contracts:

http://www.news.cyprus-property-buyers.com/2010/09/25/cyprus-court-awards-british-couple-e100000-in-property-case/id=005647?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+CyprusPropertyNewsStories+(Cyprus+Property+News+Magazine)

Groucho

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 08:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Yes but will the ROC courts enforce the judgement?

I doubt it... but it will be interesting to see what happens.

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 08:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Sound's fair to me, but as Groucho says, will they ever see any of the money? It sounds as though several different companies are involved.

Building contractors often do this and keep the assetts in entities that have no contractual obligations to the end client.

It's easy then just to ditch company doing the marketing and sales and leave the complainant high and dry with no money

tamand

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 08:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

There has already been a judgement made like this in the TRNC courts, but the plaintiffs havent seen any of the money

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 08:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

In UK Law, there's a point at which the Directors of the company become personally liable and their own assetts are placed on the line.

Problem here (North and South) the 'system' is completely incensitive to the plight of the party that has lost out.

They seem to be operating a 'Buyer Beware' policy and if it goes wrong - tough luck!

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

BTW - a buyer beware policy is OK, but not when the PTP process takes so long.

Imagine this for a moment:-

Land paid for by purchaser and Kocan transferred to their name on Day 1. Stage payments agreed and work begins.

If there's a dispute - it's the builder that is in trouble and not the buyer. The buyer just kicks him off the land.

There a crooked people in every Nationality. How many unscrupulous Brit's (knowing that they had their builder's back against the wall) would ask for extras and not expect to pay, get that extra 5m of perimeter wall built for free. Slightly more expensive tiles in the bathrooms. Want a UK quality build etc. etc.

Don't tell me that things would be different if the shoe was on the other foot.

Why would they want to adopt such a system here?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 09:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

..how many rogue UK company Directors had their personal assets seized as a result of a civil action ? :(

I wonder how this poor B*gg*r is getting on with the RoC Courts..

http://lyingbuilder.com/

I see he is holding a demo at a Foreign homes exhibition “A Place in the Sun Live” exhibition, the NEC Birmingham 1st - 3rd October 2010.

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 09:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

mmmmmm - I agree, but only because I have to. Retired!

deputydawg

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 12:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

mmmmmm. Agree entirely. The problem of lifting the veil of corporate entities and making the numerous rogue directors personally liable is that it seems to be that there will only be a prosecution if there are sufficient assets to clear debts to the state. An investigation will rarely commence unless the victim(s) first put up the necessary funds. Rather like being burgled, you can have a police file number to refer to your insurers but do not expect an investigation.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.