North Cyprus Tourist Board - Demonstration In Front of Turkish Embassy in Nicosia
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Demonstration In Front of Turkish Embassy in Nicosia

Demonstration In Front of Turkish Embassy in Nicosia

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Nicosia Cyprus

elko2

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 38 in Discussion

Kibris Newspaper published an article today. Here is my translation:

The British property victims who have given up of any hope from the TRNC government will demonstrate in front of the Turkish Embassies in London and Nicosia.

The demonstration which is expected to be supported by the British community in our country will take place in the evening of 4th October.

Pauline Reed who is a victim of the Kulaksiz 5 site said that they will stand in front of the Turkish Embassy quietly and light candles. Reed explained their aim as follows: “We want to draw the attention of Turkey not only to what happened with Kulaksiz at Karsiyaka but also about all the property scams taking place in North Cyprus.

Pauline Reed said that the Turkish government already knows that the local authority in North Cyprus is unable to solve the problems. Our demonstration is aiming to get Turkey to intervene with the human rights violations in North Cyprus.

ctd.

elko2

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 15:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 38 in Discussion

Reed has already informed the Ambassador Kaya Türkmen. He asked for a meeting and he is aware of our problems and he promised to keep a close watch.

Demonstration in London.

On the same day as the demonstration in front of the Turkish Embassy in Nicosia, another demonstration will take place in London.

Many British Citizens who are victims of the property scam in North Cyprus will be demonstrating in front of the Turkish Embassy in London with their supporters on 4th October from 10.30 to 16.30. It is stated that this demonstration will be followed by the national television channels and newspapers. It is reported that some British MPs will be supporting the demonstration.

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 15:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 38 in Discussion

Elko2

Thank you once again so much for translating for us, really appreciated, I'm sure pollymarples will agree!

Smity

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 38 in Discussion

To evrtyone who can make it good on ya

elko2

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 38 in Discussion

I will be on Avrasya TV tomorrow evening from 10 pm onwards. It will be in Turkish and probably I will refer to the demonstrations to take place on Monday.

ismet

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 18:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 38 in Discussion

Elko2

Would you kindly let us know what is discussed?

Tatty

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 38 in Discussion

Elko2

Can you give directions to embassy from Girne.

Thanks

graycoul

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 38 in Discussion

thanks for all the info Ismet and making as many ppl aware as possible we dont want to turn up in lefkosa with only a handful

the demo in london is being organised by the ABAG girls victims as i of the aga/gary robber problem

but is open to anyone with problems to attend......hope theres thousands there

iankb

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 38 in Discussion

I wish you well with the two Demo's.However as The Turkish Goverment has taken no action at all here in Turkey over property scams which are rife then I do not see a change of heart at this stage.Every little bit helps.It would help much more if UK owners would take it up with there MEP's.Some of them in Turkey have done this but to no avail.As I say ı wish you well.

Ian

natalie

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 19:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 38 in Discussion

Perhaps Dutch Crusader, bless him, with all his knowledge, would do a 'detailed' map for some of us morans who could not find our way from A to B, to the Turkish Embassy from the Girne roundabout? Thanks you Hans xx

elko2

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 38 in Discussion

1. The TV programme: I have been told that they discuss the problems of the builders/developers every wednesday evening. I hope to tell them why foreigners are not buying so much in TRNC any more. I think I have a clue

I don't think anybody from the govrnment will be listening, as usual.

2. Directions to the Turkish Embassy in Nicosia: I better leave it to the organizers to do that because parking is all important. They should direct people to park at the same place.

Good luck people You all including Abag girls have my sympathy although I did not approve their action in US courts.

ismet

natalie

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 21:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 38 in Discussion

Elko, desperate situations, means any means to get them solved. If you like the Abag girls had lost everything, pray tell us what youwould do? You are as I presume a TC. No worrys then?

elko2

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 21:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 38 in Discussion

msg. 12

Quote. "If you like the Abag girls had lost everything, pray tell us what youwould do?"

First of all I can tell you what not to do. Just because you are desperate is no justification for suicide. Going to courts in US with the Greek Cypriots was just such action. You may not be able to see it but but it only served Greek Cypriots at your expense. GCs hate those British who buy in the north.

Yes I am a TC and many TCs are in the same boat. One TC who lives in London came and saw me. She bought four units from Gary Robbs and also happens to be a classmate of the current Chief Justice. As for myself, I did buy a villa for my daughter, had the sales contract registered and filed a court case within two months just to comply with the Specific Performance law without any cost to the developer. I arranged it all. Furthermore I wrote the Management Clauses to be submitted to the Land Registry Office for the title deeds. so I happen to be a good buyer

ismet

natalie

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 22:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 38 in Discussion

Well done Elko, unfortunately, many of us were not so well informed, we were all WELL sucked into the system, trusting as we were, what have you lost compared to others, who have been welland truly screwed here? Your advice on this board is truly welcome and of benefit to many, but your pious attitude on certain subjects beggars belief

elko2

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 38 in Discussion

Natalie,

"...but your pious attitude on certain subjects beggars belief "

Can you elaborate on that please? It is a genuine request, no offense taken.

ismet

natalie

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 22:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 38 in Discussion

Elko, no offence meant or taken, but please, if you had lost everything, would you not follow any route that was open to you, God knows I would. Put yourself for one moment in these peoples lives, who have trusted in your TRNC and who have worked their butts off,like I have for their place in the sun, to have it all ripped from under them? I have to agree with other posters and subjects, this place does not deserve recognition of any kind except for their blatant abuse of human rights, and I would add the TRNC's bring this on themselves. Embargo! Self created which is a great shame, could be with 'logic' an amazing place and thriving, but then 'logic' is unknown to this part of the island. Still friends I hope!!!

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 22:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 38 in Discussion

natalie(mess 14)

so so many of us were not as informed as Elko, we went like lambs to the slaughter, to a criminal that the TRNC Government gave a Kimlit card to (knowing he was a criminal), allowed to build on Government land without Planning Permission! and screwed some victims not just once but twice! along with his Lawyer friends!

Elko (mess 13)

When your back is against the wall, and you have lost everything, and no-one is prepared to understand the scale of the corruption, believe me you will go anywhere!

There is no justice in the TRNC, you can try and defend them(the TRNC) with fancy words, but No Justice is No Justice, so you have to look outside the box!

elko2

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 38 in Discussion

Natalie (msg. 16),

I agree with everything you wrote, you wrote the truth, I would feel exactly the same but my belief about "suicide" holds.

TRNCVictim (msg. 17)

I would not do anything like jumping off a roof. Otherwise what you wrote wrt property scams is true. I am just as angry and quite often feel like banging my head on the wall. I will say the same things tomorrow night on the telly but I feel that nobody is listening. I feel ashamed of my goverment, specially the ones in power now. I never voted for them, never.

ismet

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 22:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 38 in Discussion

elko2 (mess18)

Death is Death under any other name! Suicide means nothing! Jumping off Roof's mean nothing anymore to me! you should feel ashamed of your Government, sadly you should feel ashamed of your last Government, my head is very sore from brick walls!

Does anyone listen in the TRNC? sadly no, they just disappear!

Good Luck for tomorrow!

spider

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 23:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 38 in Discussion

At long last a demonstration lets hope something changes soon, seems that things are already !

Spider,X

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 23:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 38 in Discussion

Spider (mess 20)

Will you be at the Candlelite vigil on the 4th? Have you got your candle? If not i will import some in the next 5 days! I could be onto a winner!

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
30/09/2010 21:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 38 in Discussion

Elko 2 (mess 11)

How did the television Interview go last night?

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
30/09/2010 21:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 38 in Discussion

Elko Message 18,

I to would be ashamed if i was a Turkish Cypriot being goverened by these clowns.

I wondered why?

Is it because they are:

1. Thick

2. Bury their heads in the sand

3. Dont care

4. A bunch of crooks

Or is it all of the above????

apc2010

Message Posted:
01/10/2010 00:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 38 in Discussion

question ...did gary robb ever get charged with anything but his uk drug charges ..???

or was this ignored by both countrys....

elko2

Message Posted:
01/10/2010 00:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 38 in Discussion

msg.22,

TRNCvictim,

It was pretty good as far as I was concerned. The other two speakers talked about the general problems faced by the constructors and they mostly complained about beurocracy. I talked mainly about the problems faced by foreign buyers and stressed that the Brits who know about the problems have almost stopped buying and the new buyers are mostly Norvegians and the Russians but soon they will find out the truth too. I said that I am ashamed of being a Turkish Cypriot because of what happened. We have to deal with past problems but first we must stop new victims. In my final speech I made a plea to parliament to take three simple steps.

1. Repeal the specific Performance Law.

2. Give PTP to persons without reference to any property. Those in "critical" areas can be marked for special permission.

3. Amend the law about registration to make it impssible to have memorandums on registered properties.

ctd.

apc2010

Message Posted:
01/10/2010 00:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 38 in Discussion

elko did you mention , developers mortages and selling land they do not own ....????

elko2

Message Posted:
01/10/2010 00:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 38 in Discussion

Just take these simple three steps and the demand for houses from the foreigners can double or even triple within months.

Good news: I have jsut heard in the news that a committeer under the chairmanship of the Prime Minister met today to consider the problems faced by foreign buyers. The committe included the previous two chief justices Mr. Dayioglu and Mr. Erginel, another retired High Court judge and a member from the Ministry of Finance. Apparently the same committe is to meet with the Central Bank to discuss their proposals. ı do know that Mr. Erginel did watch the programme last night and he is aware of my views on the subject.

We discussed about the lack of limits on interests accumulated and I laid the blame on parliament and the government. I explained why the bank interest rates ae exorbitant and how they can be brought down. In other countries the rate of bad debts is about 2.2% but in TRNC its about 8.8%, hence the much higher interest rates. It takes years to ct

elko2

Message Posted:
01/10/2010 00:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 38 in Discussion

to enforce forceful sales because the land Registry Office is not functioning properly and the system is open to abuse.

I raised quite a few more points but that is the gist of what I said.

ismet

elko2

Message Posted:
01/10/2010 01:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 38 in Discussion

msg. 26.

apc,

If the developer manages to sell land they do not own, as it stands its the buyers fault because the Land Registry Office will not register such a contract. So that is only possible if the contract is not registered.

ismet

apc2010

Message Posted:
01/10/2010 01:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 38 in Discussion

elko , did you mention what would happen IF a solution is found , regards compensation or eviction would be an option ...???

elko2

Message Posted:
01/10/2010 01:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 38 in Discussion

msg. 30,

The subject of the Discussion was the "1construction Industry and its problems", not directly the problems of the buyers. hence it would not have been proper to raise such other issues. the programme was not of C44 format

ismet

elko2

Message Posted:
01/10/2010 01:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 38 in Discussion

msg. 23:

All of above!!

ismet

apc2010

Message Posted:
01/10/2010 01:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 38 in Discussion

ismet , am sure this will help everyone ............your reply was............

msg. 26.

apc,

If the developer manages to sell land they do not own, as it stands its the buyers fault because the Land Registry Office will not register such a contract. So that is only possible if the contract is not registered.

ismet

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
01/10/2010 09:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 38 in Discussion

From the moment the 'ink is dry', every signed and notarised sale should be sent, or presented to the Land Registry [Tapu] office and recorded. That would effectively obviate double selling, as Tapu could make an instant [computer recorded] check - obviously too simple a solution for simple minds!

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
01/10/2010 10:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 38 in Discussion

Ismet,

Thank you so, so much, I feel like crying today, after so many years of being alone in the wilderness, Abag have been ridiculed, told we should have done our homework, been banned in many places for speaking the truth, and thats after losing like many others our dreams, life savings, and in some cases our loved ones.

Thank you again Ismet

X

Groucho

Message Posted:
01/10/2010 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 38 in Discussion

When a property is sold as per a contract the land deeds should be lodged in Escrow via the Land Registry and remain so until such time as all approvals and parcelation has been completed, then individual deeds can be issued. Such land/deeds/property would not therefore be able to be double-old or mortgaged.

Molly

Message Posted:
01/10/2010 13:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 38 in Discussion

Msg 34

These situations are not helped by the fact that the Land Registry details are not computerised - hence the reason why searches take so long, and also because the DLO is woefully understaffed. The information obtained is invariably out of date by the time it is issued because there is always a back log of more data to process.

There are so many problems which should be dealt with more efficiently e.g. separation of title deeds which are holding up thousands of transfer of title transactions. This would obviously bring in considerable tax revenues for the government - it's not rocket science!

As always, thanks for the informative posts Ismet. We do know that there are many TC's with integrity - unfortunately it appears that very few (if any) are employed by the government. Similarly, there are people in prominent public positions also involved in the construction sector who arrogantly continue to have a complete disregard for decency and honesty.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
01/10/2010 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 38 in Discussion

Everyone owes you a vote of thanks, Molly - you always explain and summarise every anomaly of these situations so succinctly!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.