North Cyprus Tourist Board - North Cyprus version of NVQ's please (argumentative posting)
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > North Cyprus version of NVQ's please (argumentative posting)

North Cyprus version of NVQ's please (argumentative posting)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

proger1

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 01:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

I know this might sound a little non-diplomatic, oh hell, why try and hide leather behind shaved cows arse.

What if any, is your belief that you are qualified to judge other peoples opinions. I have seen 1 or 2 things in life and even experienced my own loss of virginity so I qualify as knowing how I enjoy having sex, just in case someone might ask (ladies only, please)

What really concerns me is the amount of times people try and give helpful advice but are then constructively criticised (lightly written) by vastly more experienced geriatrics, I would just like to have an understanding of why the older generation who by the way screwed it up for us in the first place seem to believe they know better.

On a more serious note, I would really, really appreciate justification of the reasoning behind many of the highly judgmental statements that are seen on here, just because you are still here, doesn't mean you were right, just that you were lucky.

Give the answer your best,

Paul

Lilli

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 01:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

paul i guess you are so right, they were the lucky generation, bought and sold the coucil house, maybe get the benifits, beleive me they brag i hear it. then they have the right to judge. sorry no they dont till they go to a free opening with a carrier bag. beleive you me i have seen it at a charity do we gave x

Glynn

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 07:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

"thanks to mods and friends i now know who they are"

"bought and sold the coucil house, maybe get the benifits,"

The first quote from another thread is a worry, are the mods passing out our details?

The second quote Is reminiscent of DryBoak/Eric Seans.

Not going to make a fuss about either quote (I am sure they will be regretted in the cold light of day), just thought worthy of mention

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 09:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Proger

"What if any, is your belief that you are qualified to judge other peoples opinions"

By using the word 'judge' I assume that you mean 'questioning' other peoples opinions ? Isn't that what debate is all about ?

The fact that you use the word 'geriatrics' leads me to believe that you are referring to a number of specific posters on this forum ?

I agree that unfortunately a number of threads on the forum just recently have degenerated into nothing short of slanging matches, but I think that you will find that those involved transcend the whole age spectrum. There are a relatively small number of posters on here who are consistently rude and sometimes downright offensive. If they choose to be seen in that light, then that is their problem - the fact is that most would not dream of spouting their views face to face but can do so with confidence behind the anonymity of a keyboard.

Just my opinion of course

Paul

johndp

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 13:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

just again my input which is probably not worth much on here, but I just had an e-mail 2 mins ago from a very old member of this board through who I joined it, her opinion is that if more people made an apology like Liz was big enough to do when they get things wrong there would not be so much amin/anon/anin/animosity and spitefull postings

the butler

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 13:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Totally agree with the above post, if I post and then find I am wrong I always try to apologise for my blunder.

I am amazed at the amount of members who just rub people up the wrong way for the fun of it and seem to enjoy all these slanging matches. They say sorry is the hardest word but swallow your pride and try saying it sometimes.

The butlers wife

Glynn

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 18:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

I've only ever been wrong once, and that's when I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

Pugwash

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 18:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Agree totally, Lilli was lovely in her apology and it made me have a very nice day. If anything it is not the geriatrics that are bad on this board but the younger middle aged ones who should know better.

Glynn

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

I doubt anyone has a bad word for Liz. She is clearly a very very nice lady who is totally out of her depth on the internet.

I hesitate to offer advice...........but perhaps a curfew of 2200hrs on her postings would be beneficial.

Never been to her Bistro, but sure it is very nice.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Yes it is super and we will miss Lilli and Guido if and when they depart, god bless two real peeps xx

mollycorbin

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 19:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Alright..geez, I'm sorry for calling somebody a naughty word yesterday. I apologize octopus pool guy.

Have a swell night everybody!

Lazy days

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 19:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Yes it is super and we will miss Lilli and Guido if and when they depart, god bless two real peeps xx

Glynn

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Group Hug anyone??

Lazy days

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

oops sorry for the double post, cant understand how it happened as it usually comes up as sent lol

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.