North Cyprus Tourist Board - Crossing to the ROC when Residency Expired
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Crossing to the ROC when Residency Expired

Crossing to the ROC when Residency Expired

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus Border Crossings

» See All Threads on Cyprus Border Crossings

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

coffer

Message Posted:
15/08/2008 16:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Heard a number of stories regarding this, our applications are with the Immigration office and will not be ready for a few weeks. Our current certificates expire tomorrow, any ideas as to whether we need a letter from the Immigration office or police to cross over or will we be given a 30 day visa like last year?

fire starter

Message Posted:
15/08/2008 17:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

this happened to us last year. we just explained that our paperwork was with immigration and they said no problem. a friend is wating to do hers and her 90days ran out. she went across and got her passport stamped no problem even though it was 2 days over.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
15/08/2008 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

If you have applied there must be a number written at the front of your passport when you applied.

The fact that others have done it does not mean it will be safe for you??????? As always it depends on the orders of the day so be warned.

coffer

Message Posted:
16/08/2008 17:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Thanks for the feedback I'm heading down to Girne Police Station Monday and am going to ask for a note to allow me to cross, just in case. Will let you know how I get on. It does seem ridiculous that because of official incompetence you can be kept a prisoner.

coffer

Message Posted:
18/08/2008 19:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Hi all,

We completed our residency renewal process this morning and then mentioned to the police that people were having problems going over the border when their documents were being processed and their residency stamp had run out on their passport. They were adamant that we were entitled to a 30 or 90 day visitors visa which would be given when we came back over the border to enter the TRNC. We asked for and were given a letter from Girne Police Immigration certifying that our renewal had been applied for and we were to be given a visitors visa.

Off we went to the Metahan crossing just to confirm things and we were given a 90 visa on our return.

HER INDOORS

Message Posted:
18/08/2008 21:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Hi ,We will be applying for residency when we come over in october.So this means that we do not have to leave the Island when our 90 day visa is up - just go across to the South and get our passport stamped again? Am I correct ?

Thanks Terri

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
19/08/2008 10:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

her indoors.

No.

The above is purely an administrative issue. Once your 90 days are up you either apply fro residency or leave the island.

norma jean

Message Posted:
19/08/2008 16:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

HI, don't know how the things are working at the moment, but we have a friend who goes over to the south just before his 90 days are up and just gets a new stamp. Has done this for the last year. Has it changed recently?

ladylittle

Message Posted:
20/08/2008 10:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

They seem to be handing out 90 day stamps all the time. My residency had run out and I was in the process of applying for my work permit and they just kept giving me 90 days everytime, no questions asked. My niece was here for 2 1/2 months and whenever she came with me to the south was the same! they seem very relaxed at the moment, although will change soon I'm sure

punk rocker

Message Posted:
20/08/2008 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

If you are over retiral age they normally allow you to cross at Metehan just before your visa runs out and on your return they will give you another 90 days, if you are younger, they can and sometimes will only give you 30 days on re - entry

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.