North Cyprus Tourist Board - Blue Flag programme in the TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Blue Flag programme in the TRNC

Blue Flag programme in the TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

aslan

Message Posted:
16/08/2008 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

The Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) and the Blue Flag Co-ordination often receive requests about how to implement the Blue Flag Programme in a new country. First of all, FEE and the Blue Flag Coordination should be contacted in case of interest for starting up the Blue Flag Programme in a new country/region.

Does one exist? Are any forum members interest in its implementation?

http://www.blueflag.org

aslan

Message Posted:
16/08/2008 14:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Maybe Izzet should make this stick, as without the North's ability to promote it's beaches as blue flag and the continuos upkeep and testing of water quality, litter and other environmental impacts. How on earth can we compete with other EU member states who have already implemented such a project.

Its another marketing tool that we could do with to promote the island, if the minister of tourism or another NGO has started or suggested implementation then I will apologise for stepping on toes, however as one would expect over here, we will wait untill its to late before considering starting such a worthwhile project.

rtddci

Message Posted:
16/08/2008 16:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

As a matter of interest whilst reading the Daily Telegraph Travel section today (Saturday), there was a full article on Turkish beaches. I then thought I'd look for anything i.e. adverts for NC. Not a dicky bird. Hardly surprising that tourism is poor.

Martin

Alasian

Message Posted:
16/08/2008 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Aslan : You said how on earth can we compete with other EU member states who have already implemented such a project.

1) We are not an EU member state. We do not get the monetary aid, technical assistance and other support that EU candidates get before becoming a member and after becoming a member.

In fact, we are the ONLY EUROPEAN NATION UNDER EMBARGOES!!!

Had the so-called human right activists that are spending their time defending some monks in Himalayas spent their time on helping the only european nation to be under embargoes(and this, for 45 years since 1963) we could have been the switzerland of south eastern europe.

The miniscule amount of Money that EU currently provides to North under GC Control is nothing compared to the lack of investment in North Cyprus amounting probably tens of billions of pounds/euros (need for highways, new power plants, completely new telecommunications infrastructure, sewage treatment plants, sewage systems, recycling systems, planting trees, etc. etc.

2) They have already applied for Blue flag, and as far as I know the director of the organisation would come to North Cyprus.

http://www.ulasimonline.com/TURIZM/1471/Mavi-Bayrak-Direktoru-KKTC-geliyor.html

aslan

Message Posted:
16/08/2008 19:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

First and foremost the Turkish Republic of North Cyprus is a EU member state although suspended under article 10 (which I have no intention of reading), I don't think that judging the TRNC issues with activists defending another cause is material to this post, it would be appreciated if everyone ignored the plight of other nations and focused on the TRNC but that ain't going to happen, so deal with it!

Thats the problem! we can't deal with it can we? such a chip on the shoulders and the expectation that someone else will bail us out, get off your arses and do something to help your homeland.

1987 the blue flag campaign was founded thats only 21 years ago, and what has been done to promote the beaches here?

I know it takes this government about a decade to catch up but 21 years! Blue flag recognition is regardless of country recognition, location or border disputes, its to do with a group of citizens and academics getting together and promoting their homeland.

No doubt you will wait for a member of the ex-pat community to do the work for you.

Do the North a favour go to http://www.blueflag.org form an NGO, put a committee together of people from all walks of life, do feasability studies on the beaches, seek the guidance of professionals and get on with it.

No I tell you what to do, wait untill all EU member state beaches have blue flag beaches and an abundance of tourists and then do something about it.

Like pedestrianising Nicosia, suspended because of the slump in the global economy! bravo! as soon as stability comes to the global markets we will then spend 24 months pedestrianising the old city, because roadworks and redevelopment in the old city when there are tourists about will really encourage them to visit again!

This is the right time to get this country ready, not in 10 years time.

aslan

Message Posted:
16/08/2008 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

http://www.ulasimonline.com/news_detail.php?id=1471&uniq_id=1219204214

This website really lets the peole interested in the future of the TRNC know what going on, its ranking and profile on the web is incredible! NOT.

Surely you could have found this info on a TRNC owned website, or maybe NOT!

Alasian

Message Posted:
16/08/2008 20:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

First of all read comments carefully before replying.

I have told you that our government has already applied for the blue flag and you reply me with this comedy comment.

TRNC let alone being an EU member, is not recognised at all as all TCs know.

Had TRNC been an EU member there would be TC Members of the parliament in the EU, TC commisioners, Turkish as the official language of the EU, etc. etc.

So, you cannot expect the quality of many things in North Cyprus to be on par with other European countries that are member of the EU, while we are living under embargoes.

We do not need an you to tell us what to do. Dont worry we know very well how to build a civilization in this geography since the dawn of the time

Alasian

Message Posted:
16/08/2008 20:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Pedestrianising North Lefkosa has not been stopped because of slump in global economy, but because the municipality acted without planning the delivery times of trucks, etc.

This in turn, is another price we pay due to the embargoes. Nearly all of the highly educated and hard working Turkish Cypriots are forced to leave their motherland for countries where they can find more fulfilling jobs due to lack of employment opportunities in North.

If you really want to help us, help lift the embargoes on the ONLY EUROPEAN NATION UNDER EMBARGOES and stop worrying more about monks in Himalayas or Cats on the street.

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
16/08/2008 21:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

aslan

you are of course right these are issues that should be looked at ,however

do you not sometimes ask yourself how after so many years of isolation and embargoes we are still hanging in there,how can anyone turn their backs on a nation for so long ,trying their best to force us into a submission ,i am afraid

alasian is correct even individuals need help to climb that so called ladder

monies do get wasted in the trnc like any where in the world ,the only problem is kibris has less then most and will have even less with the economic downturn. t/cs are getting frustrated they seem too be chasing their own tails for far too long

musin

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.