North Cyprus Tourist Board - if solar works in uk ,why not cyprus,,,,,
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > if solar works in uk ,why not cyprus,,,,,

if solar works in uk ,why not cyprus,,,,,

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

apc2010

Message Posted:
01/10/2010 23:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

solar "farm" in cornwall...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-11450372

Pipie

Message Posted:
01/10/2010 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

I read somewhere using solar was in the pipeline for North cyprus but can never understand why solar is nor used more widely in N/C. I find it quite odd .

Brinsley

Message Posted:
01/10/2010 23:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

The whole of TRNC works on solar power passed down from another planet by Einstein's law of relativity, reality and local banking systems warped by time and awareness of light!

Richard

zerochlor

Message Posted:
02/10/2010 11:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

They the need to introduce a system where we can sell electricity back to the main frame,then it could be happy days



malsancak

Message Posted:
02/10/2010 11:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

zerochlor, you're right that the only economical system is where surplus energy can be sold back to the grid in order to offset your electricity bill. There was a small 1Kw wind turbine that did this, pumping electricity into the house at 240v and overnight it sold power back to the grid. No need for expensive batteries and I think it came to about £2000. Otherwise a 1Kw system would cost about £5000, I believe.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
02/10/2010 11:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

I can supply that 1Kw wind turbine system for very very cheap price,B&Q in england was selling it,my personal thoughts is it is not enough,much better with PV panels if it was only to produce electric to pump back into the grid,then as you say,no need for batteries,unless you wanted to be self sufficent.

magolina

Message Posted:
02/10/2010 12:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

driving back from Karpaz Thursday sun in our eyes all the way home (to Girne) and was thinking what a disgusting waste of natural resources, why is this island so wastefull? if it was affordable with no tax I am sure loads of us what use it. Better for the goverment and our pockets.

malsancak

Message Posted:
02/10/2010 12:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

the trouble with all the solar systems I've seen is that the return rate is awful. Photo-electric systems would cost around £10,000 (15Kw per day max, annual daily average 10Kw) to supply all power in the summer but would leave you relying on the grid in winter unless you added wind power to make up for lost of PE power. So what would you save? In my case £800 per year. You might be better off putting £10,000 in a lira account and using the interest to pay your electric bill and still have the capital left in 10 years time. It cost me £8,000 to bring power to our villa in 2004 and this was a lot cheaper in the long run than the local solar electric prices which would probably start to need replacement parts by now.

kibsolar

Message Posted:
02/10/2010 13:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

please dont mix up the diffenrent use of solarsystems.

there are on-grid systems and off grid systems. . we have customers with connection costs of more then 30.000 STG. in this case you have an immidiate return...in general the thematic is quite complex, but for (nearly) every purpose there is a solution. visit http://www.kibsolar.com

kibsolar

Message Posted:
02/10/2010 15:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Msg 5 “..the only economical system is where surplus energy can be sold back to the grid in order to offset your electricity bill....“

whether this is true or not relies on „which kind of law“ we will get here.

"just a law" would not be enough, a new "grant- system" must be introduced.

And here we get many problems, just two : who trusts in „Kibtek“ that they pay "the harvest". you invest 10.000 or 30 million into a solar farm and Kibtek tells you: ".... sorry, we have no money, but maybe next month.."? Potential investors need guaranties to trust in.

if it comes to smaller systems (decentralized, eg 5 kWp on private homes).... the beneficiary (eg the home owner) receives eg a "50% direct subsidy" of eg 10.000 and sells the system next day to someone else for another 7.000? ok, this would be fraud.... but where are the laws to avoid that?

We dont have a proper „anti-fraud law“, otherwise our prisons would be full with estate agents, builders/developers, lawyers and others.

kibsolar

Message Posted:
02/10/2010 15:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

cont

Despite of internal conflicts of how to form a new „grid-feed administraton“ between Kibtek (payments/charging, permissions), electrical engeener department (how to connect and who), architect department (building permissions) and so on, the government is very aware of those problems. It seems that the new „grid feed law“ brings up many „structural problems“ in this country.

plus, not so many people would be willing to invest, eg expats with their doubtful or no title deeds. many cypriots "credit line" is fully overdrawn and many banks does not accept any mortgage on „greek property“ and a solar system certainly must be „part of the property“, maybe also part of the title deeds!

Anyway, there are already possibilities to use solar power in an economic way.... and here we get the proof whether „you all“ want solar or not : if you would like to use solar energy in an economic way.... contact me.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.