North Cyprus Tourist Board - Moving to TRNC - Not Retiring
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Moving to TRNC - Not Retiring

Moving to TRNC - Not Retiring

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Shipping threads posted so far

» Read about Shipping Freight to North Cyprus

The_Big_Man

Message Posted:
04/10/2010 13:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Hi folks,

Has anyone moved out to TRNC from England and not retired?

Where do you start? Is it easier to get a work permit via an employer or is it possible to just move over?

My parents live here, and me and my fiance are looking to move over in the next couple of years when/if the house prices shift abit in the UK.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated for future planning!

Ace!

Rob-b

Message Posted:
04/10/2010 13:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

To get a work permit here is like platting fog, so I wouldn't bother if your not going to retire, as they make it near on impossible for an expat to have a work permit.

On the other hand if you know a local who is wanting to employ you, that is a different matter, but make sure they pays all your costs and their company is fully registared, for your social and tax payments.

Many people will give you different information, the best way is to read all of it and do your homework then make your decision. I fell into the trap of being offered work here, then the owner pulled out about a month after I moved lock, stock and barrel over here. I was lucky to know some locals here for some time and they found me work.

The_Big_Man

Message Posted:
04/10/2010 13:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Thats some good advice, thanks

nikegirl

Message Posted:
04/10/2010 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Hi big man,

I moved over in May without a job. Luckily my fiance had a job already and he has sustained us although I have recently started working for a neighbour. I didn't have a work permit or residency and I just used the 90 day tourist visa and went to the Greek side to get a renewal once the 90 days had run out.

I think the best plan for you and your fiance would be to try and find work before you move over, unless you have money to survive for at least 6 months. You can also try and find work in the Greek side.

Good luck!

The_Big_Man

Message Posted:
04/10/2010 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Hi nikegirl, thats what we had been thinking to a degree. Use the 90 day bit to our advantage, and have enough in our bin to last in the interim.

Greek side has been considered depending on work situo here.

Thanks for the advice :o)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.