North Cyprus Tourist Board - solicitors price rises
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > solicitors price rises

solicitors price rises

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

simma

Message Posted:
18/08/2008 16:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Guy, just confirming what was mentioned on another thread a couple of days ago. This is what i recived in my email this morning, can anyone tell me if they are having the same problem with their laywer. I've already paid £1400 for services that i thought were all inclusive. I've then paid an extra £200 for registering contract.

Dear Clients,

I am sorry to have to inform you all that as from the end of the present month our office have found no alternative but to apply the following charges;

a) For each e-mail received and need to be

answered...............................................................£7.50 to £10.00

b) For each e-mail sent to clients ............................ £7.50 to £10.00

c) Attending to any request made by clients.....................?

(Will be charged at a rate of £200 per hour)

d) Meetings held with clients in our office............................£50.00

e) Preparing a Power of Attorney......................................... £50.00

(Plus stamp duty)

f) Preparing a Will...............................................................£200.00

(For couples making a Will each the fee is £150 each)

g) Attending conveyance formalities and obtaining

The deeds of the property into client’s

name.............. . ................................................................£500.00

h) Photocopy request.................................................£1.00 per page

(This appplies as from today)

PS; New clients purchasing property will not be charged any fees for a,b,& e above for one full year from the date of their purchase. These will be included in the original fee to be charged

dusterbruce

Message Posted:
18/08/2008 16:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Did they charge you for sending the email demanding the price increases?

PtePike

Message Posted:
18/08/2008 16:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

How many of them are real lawyers with law degrees and practising certificates? Save yourself a small fortune, do as much as the legwork as you can yourself and use a reputable notar for signing and registering things. Keep the lawyers out of the loop if you can.

rtddci

Message Posted:
18/08/2008 17:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Simma

Is this Talat Kursat or are others starting to up their fees as well?

PtePike

Couldn't agree more. Interestingly there was a thread the other day asking where Terry Hamilton was as he had left the law firm he was working for. He did reply stating moving into new offices and would contact his old clients. He listed himself however, as a 'property consultant.' I queried this with him via the thread but didn't receive a reply.

Martin

Aussie

Message Posted:
18/08/2008 17:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

I always thought legal fees for property purchasers here were about 3 times too much for the work done anyway. This is especially so for the advocates who receive many clients from the same developer as the extra contract work for each additional client is likely to be minimal. In Australia I pay about a third for higher value properties and usually receive a barrage of paperwork certificates and council documents etc and foirst class service. Also properties there are worth at least 3 times as much making the percentage spent on legals here even worse.

Whilst I am happy with my advocate here I still think that things were too expenseive before and are just getting worse.

My own theory is that advocates much be starting to struggle with cashflow after receiving soo much arround 2004-2006 before the market slowed down. Having spent this money they still have some work to do on the files with permission to purchase title deeds etc but are not receiving any where near as much new business. I have no hard evidence of this but think it makes sense.

Aussie

simma

Message Posted:
18/08/2008 17:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Yes rtddci, it's Talat Kursat.

John.

rtddci

Message Posted:
18/08/2008 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Aussie

I think you are right and like the NC government are desperately thinking of ways to raise money.

Martin

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.