North Cyprus Tourist Board - where can I buy good quality compost in North Cyprus?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > where can I buy good quality compost in North Cyprus?

where can I buy good quality compost in North Cyprus?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

roisin

Message Posted:
05/10/2010 14:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Does anyone know where I can buy good quality compost here?I have bought various bags from different shops and it dries out very quickly(in pots). I brought a bag from uk in my container and that is still looking ok in my pots after 4 years! If anyone can let me know where and also the brand name I would be very grateful.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
05/10/2010 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

There seems to be a garden centre near to the power station over the east side,looks like they have 100s of bags of compost

mikelapta

Message Posted:
05/10/2010 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

codmpost has a short life.

I now mix 1/3 garden soil,1/3 compost,1/3 sheep manure....did that this year,and grew tomatoes,peppersand cucumbers,the cues are still fruiting on 1st floor balcony.I did bring some water retaining granules from UK,

think they helped

mike

Chegwin

Message Posted:
05/10/2010 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Line your pots with newspaper. It delays the drying out of the compost and helps a little to retain moisture.

You can use plastic as well but ensure that you maintain drainage so as to avoid water logged roots.

Chegs

YFred

Message Posted:
05/10/2010 15:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Is there a shortage of manure in the TRNC. gr and oracle seem to produce it by tonne each bloomin day. It's about time they learned how to shovel it out themselves. Mind you oracle has been ponging lately, no wonder gr tried to escape again the other day.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.